Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This trade will happen, it's the cost that might hurt. High performance player coming in on huge $$$. Teammates going out to accommodate. I trust that Reid is doing his 'due diligence' here. We MAY lose Pedlar. In fact i will go insofar as to say we will LOSE Pedlar.

I am not sure who has the biggest upside here.

I would rather keep Pedlar. My opinion only.
Speculation or source?

Yeah, this is my take on it as well. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

I'll take the Devil's Advocate stance, ie I am wary, to say the least. My impression is he butters his brekkie toast with FIGJAM.

Tom Browne has tweeted he's asked to come to the Crows :oops::

Its a fake Tom Browne account

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 5.52.46 pm.png

They’re doing a few lines before they get underway.

We've always needed a better midfield system with balance that doesn't have too much of the same.

Adding Oliver would absolutely help this.

We would need to set up our midfield system to accommodate this balance.

You would balance the elite ball use of Dawson and bull and ball winning ability of Oliver with some one who has elite speed and could break away from the contest, not a Laird or Crouch.

So that's either Pedlar, Rankine or Rachele.

In the different sets of midfield rotation you should always try and maintain that balance. What you don't want is to end up with Laird, Crouch, Sloane or Keays as a set. However if we are able to mix this set in with the other players we should be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've always needed a better midfield system with balance that doesn't have too much of the same.

Adding Oliver would absolutely help this.

We would need to set up our midfield system to accommodate this balance.

You would balance the elite ball use of Dawson and bull and ball winning ability of Oliver with some one who has elite speed and could break away from the contest, not a Laird or Crouch.

So that's either Pedlar, Rankine or Rachele.

In the different sets of midfield rotation you should always try and maintain that balance. What you don't want is to end up with Laird, Crouch, Sloane or Keays as a set. However if we are able to mix this set in with the other players we should be fine.

We suck at this. We have always sucked at this.

Who posted those fake tweets?? FFS i was dancing around the living room and about to make bets on Adelaide premiers 2024 for a second
$18 on SB
$17 on Ladbrokes
$15 on TAB.

Seems like a Rachelle to kick 5 @ $151 type of Adelaide board thing to do

Yeah… i’m pretty sure that the way it went down.. but at the time I thought that might be because we caught wind that he was gonna stay at the dons.. maybe that isnt actually the case..
I was told very early on that Redman wasn't coming home. It was never really a thing despite the media speculation.

In what world are Melbourne middling?

Not only that, they hold two of the top five midfielders in the competition at the moment. They aren't likely to have a better shot at a flag for a long time to come, and even the talk of trading Oliver should see heads put on spikes at that club.
I never said Melbourne are middling. I mentioned a generalisation about how teams can fast track rebuilds.

But after repeat straight sets exits it's obvious Melbourne are missing some pieces, largely a forward line. If they can't fix that issue within 3 years they will be without Gawn, May, viney and Hunter, and playing 31 year olds in Lever, Langdon, petracca, Bradshaw, Neal Bullen, Harmes, Salem.

I can see them sliding down over the next 2 to 3 years as they slip towards one of the oldest lists in the comp

If I was a betting man, I am believing this is PR campaigned managed Oliver exit for Melbourne Fans.

Oliver declared in his meeting he not only wants out but has already nominated Adelaide. His management contacted Adelaide at the height of his injury issues and enquired whether we'd be interested. Its probably been in negotiation between him and Adelaide's list management for several weeks.

Adelaide agree last week, Oliver informs Melbourne he'd like to explore a trade to Adelaide as he feels thats where he will play his best football and we can manage his hamstring issues. However he is contracted and Melbourne hold it over his head that Adelaide have to come to the party or he is staying, but they see this as an opportunity for a quick rebuild. Somehow this leaked to the media, probably by Melbourne and Oliver's manager to pressure Adelaide publicly to come to the party or they are a fool for letting this slip.

Long story short

I think Adelaide's come to the party and that's why we are seeing things like Oliver open to move etc.

If we hadn't, We'd be seeing denial headlines instead of Lyon crying.

It would not surprise me if its McAdam, 9 and F1st does get the job done. Melbourne can then package all their firsts up for WCE and whatever pick swaps they need.

Melbourne can offer 5, 9 and 13 to WCE. Surely that would have to be enough you'd think for WCE to take considering they are so desperate for talent. 1 player wont help them. 3 top 13 players is way better. Melbourne still get 2 first round picks next year. So I dont see how thats not a win/win.
Moves like this, star player moving to another state, are not decided in a matter of weeks.

You are probably correct, been some work done on our end some time ago.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back