Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should pray for Adam Cooney…he clearly is suffering from some form of illness to suggest the below..

Cooney’s trade package for Oliver if he were Adelaide.

Pick No. 9 (2023 Draft), Darcy Fogarty and Riley Thilthorpe.

or

Pick No. 9 (2023 Draft), a first-round pick and one of Fogarty or Thilthorpe
Pick 9 2024 First Round McAdam is more likely.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I think we should pray for Adam Cooney…he clearly is suffering from some form of illness to suggest the below..

or

I'm not sure who was the executive who looked at Adam Cooney and said "let's employ this guy to think".

Seems supremely out of adams wheelhouse

Pick 9 2024 First Round McAdam is more likely.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would think (hope) our preference is to trade out our glut of picks in the 20s for pick 4 from GC (assuming we get decent Doedee compo), and then package that up with pick 9 this year (providing the Dees picks 4, 5 and 9...which can then be trade to WC for Reid).

Please God let this trade happen...not only does it improve our midfield by 1000%, but it also means Keays never plays in the middle again, and Rory become our SANFL captain....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think (hope) our preference is to trade out our glut of picks in the 20s for pick 4 from GC (assuming we get decent Doedee compo), and then package that up with pick 9 this year (providing the Dees picks 4, 5 and 9...which can then be trade to WC for Reid).

Please God let this trade happen...not only does it improve our midfield by 1000%, but it also means Keays never plays in the middle again, and Rory become our SANFL captain....
Only snag is a clublike the dogs offering a sweeter deal. GC just sit back and wait for the best one and if its not us..

You should give him No 3. He loved Michael Voss as a kid (supported Brisbane) and im sure Darren Jarman would be happy as well.

But on a serious note it looks like he might actually go, I'm devasted. I hope he comes to Adelaide as i will seriously come just to watch him play. The best Demons player (apart from Schwarz pre knees) I've seen in my lifetime.
I presume the primary and only reason why the Dees are happy to let Oliver go is because of his off field activities which are serious and the prospect of getting Harley Reid.

I'm not sure who was the executive who looked at Adam Cooney and said "let's employ this guy to think".

Seems supremely out of adams wheelhouse
Remember Hot Dog from Big Brother? He also got work in the media

He is my baseline of who will be employed by some random executive who thinks it's a great idea

To be clear I am saying If Oliver has had 2 drug strikes and Dees are aware of this - quite possibly he reason they are letting a top 10 player in the league go - would you still want him? One further strike and he is suspended from the game (not sure of exact punishments)

we would be absolutely stupid to offer 1m/year for multiple years for a player on his last chance. Do you not agree?
Third strike is 12 weeks off.

Similar to a really bad "hamstring" ...

I presume the primary and only reason why the Dees are happy to let Oliver go is because of his off field activities which are serious and the prospect of getting Harley Reid.
While this is true one doesn't mean we get involved on both sides

Melbourne want to move on Oliver ( or at least recognize his value is skyhigh now ) and we would like him at the AFC

How they get Reid is their problem. We can only give so much - it's up to Melbourne to get the next deal done

Having Reid at pick 1 will make losing Oliver acceptable. That's the fine line MFC have to tread

While this is true one doesn't mean we get involved on both sides

Melbourne want to move on Oliver ( or at least recognize his value is skyhigh now ) and we would like him at the AFC

How they get Reid is their problem. We can only give so much - it's up to Melbourne to get the next deal done

Having Reid at pick 1 will make losing Oliver acceptable. That's the fine line MFC have to tread
I think thats why it will be likea three way deal involving us, Dees and the Eagles.

If the Eagles accept our 2023 1st, 2024 1st and Melbourne's 2023 1st for Pick 1, Oliver will be in tri colours.

or

Can we on trade key forward Chris Burgess? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back