Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

MaxiBont

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Got the 4 points and never want to think about that game again.

Could have won by more, but tried to be way too cute throughout the game.

Bont is the best player in the AFL even with injuries.

Lobb was surprisingly good at FB and Freijah looks like a Top 10 draft pick from this class.

Onto Port, which is a huge game.

Great game by Lobb and Jones together. I forgot 2023 AA Nick Larkey was even playing.

Great to have Weightman in the side.

Freijah surely a rising star chance this week.

Always good to beat North and their whinging fans, no matter how much of a charity case they are.

Certainly putting that game in the rear view mirror and not looking back.

Lobb the absolute surprise packet down back. Full credit to him for playing his role so well in a position he presumably has never played in before.

English consistently a jacket potato. Just piss poor all round and looks like a deer in headlights. If he wants to go and chase the coin somewhere else then good luck to him.

Bont is seriously heating up at the right time of the year. Other than him there's not much to remember about this game. We might have found a beauty with Lobb down back too.

Gallagher's turnover at the end there when North still had a sniff made me almost throw my controller at the TV. It's a serious problem for him. He's running at 61% disposal efficiency for the year which is 2nd worst only behind JUH. Also 2nd in clangers only behind Treloar who averages 31.5 disposals a game to Gallagher's 13.

Honestly don't know what Bevo see's in him. It's not like he's oozing speed or x-factor to make up for his terrible decision making and turnovers. I don't see any point of difference that he brings over the likes of Garcia or CD.

Last edited:
Throughout the entire game, all i was thinking was what could we get for English ? He provided NOTHING, again.

Lobb/Darcy would be a better ruck tandem than English/Darcy.

We looked rusty, hopefully this sharpens us up.

Kudos to Bramble, I've whipped him like yesterday's favourite in the past, but that was probably his best game for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay! I got the margin right.

Didn't score as many goals as they should have, but I'll take any win at this stage. An injured Bont is better than 99% of any fit players. I love how Cody gets under the skin of opposition players and supporters.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lobb has sealed his fate 🤣. Was really good in defence. Is he the answer?
Jamarra - the less said the better.
Bramble’s kicking was impressive.

Ok, we’re never much good after a bye (with one notable exception 😉) but no more of this please. Hold your marks, stick your tackles, kick straight, be where you should be.

Lobb was great but not getting carried away against North’s forward line.

If teams force him to defend one one one he’ll get exposed, but if we can find a way to keep him as an interceptor he could have found his new role.

Bont is seriously heating up at the right time of the year. Other than him there's not much to remember about this game. We might have found a beauty with Lobb down back too.

Gallagher's turnover at the end there when North still had a sniff made me almost throw my controllers. It's a seriously problem for him. He's running at 61% disposal efficiency for the year which is 2nd worst only behind JUH. Also 2nd in clangers only behind Treloar who averages 31.5 disposals a game to Gallagher's 13.

Honestly don't know what Bevo see's in him. It's not like his oozing speed or x-factor to make up for his terrible decision making and turnovers with ball in hand. In fact I don't see any point of difference that he brings over the likes of Garcia or CD.
Something interesting to note, this data is from a couple of weeks ago, but on all metrics Gallagher is actually one of the best field kicks in the side and 34th afl wide. Would suggest these stats are deceiving (see number 4….)
4f618d42-667d-40bd-b6f4-917d8c5b7757.jpeg

Take the points and focus on next week. Bont another 3. Liked the games of Lobb & Freijah. I feel Williams has been consistently decent for a while now.

Forward line was a struggle today. We look better when our small players are causing havoc down there.

Ugly game, but a win and Bont gets the 3 votes. Lobb was good, One of Vandermeer better games brought some good pressure and was fairly clean.

JUH ugly game, besides Al the dropped marks needs to bring second efforts if he wants to be an a grader.

If Sam Power offers anything more than 5 for English his job is cooked as no other club will be pushing for him at big years or money.

We looked a little rusty. You learn things about players from every game. Lobb down back looks promising. Thanks to norf for challenging but not necessarily threatening. I like Freijah. Harmes has a place in this team when he's fit.

Lobb was great but not getting carried away against North’s forward line.

If teams force him to defend one one one he’ll get exposed, but if we can find a way to keep him as an interceptor he could have found his new role.

Basically Slower Khamis

Something interesting to note, this data is from a couple of weeks ago, but on all metrics Gallagher is actually one of the best field kicks in the side and 34th afl wide. Would suggest these stats are deceiving (see number 4….)
View attachment 2033864

Correct me if I'm wrong but those are the worst kicks in the league aren't they? Ranked by turnover rating?

Edit: What number 4 are you referring to btw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Toothless Bulldogs overcome Norf in a game not for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back