Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

We won that on guts and attitude. Individually few of our players were at their best. So many skills errors and poor decisions. Lots to work with.
Beat the Pies and we will sneak into 8th.
yes, but still have Crows (away), GWS (away) and Carlton which will be difficult, but the others Pies, Tigers, Roos are all winnable. Will need at least 13 wins to make 8....14 a lock in given our poor %. Still a very big ask.

Amazing team effort - so pumped! The Wiz has officially arrived. Sicily, Chol, Dear, Wiz a really unpredictable forward unit. No wonder we're about to break the membership record. Meek and Weddle turning the clearances to our ad is just massive. Will Day won't have many days that quiet, the ceiling is high.

yes, but still have Crows (away), GWS (away) and Carlton which will be difficult, but the others Pies, Tigers, Roos are all winnable. Will need at least 13 wins to make 8....14 a lock in given our poor %. Still a very big ask.
We can drop two. Will enter all games bar Blues and GWS as favourites.

That was a steal. Let’s be honest about it. We were chasing the ball all afternoon with the exception of two bursts in the second and last quarters. If you looked at the stats you would think we got rolled by 30-40. They had 27 more marks than we did. It was won through smart coaching, some fortune and the inability of Freo to capitalise on their dominance. You don’t complain about wins but I hope we also don’t think that we played to a high standard today. They need to keep working on the game plan and pressure intensity if we are going to improve.
When they kicked 2.4 in the first half of the 3rd quarter they really should have ended the game there.
Even in the last quarter, worked hard and had the forwards miss some gettable set shots.
Yes, you could say we were lucky, but even in high level footy, your forwards poor misses can permeate across the entire teams mentality.

Dear should get a nomination, surely. Body of work has to kick in at some stage.
Needs to get to 3 goals. 7 disposals and 2 goals probably is never going to be enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to get to 3 goals. 7 disposals and 2 goals probably is never going to be enough
2 goals and 2 contested marks as an underdeveloped 18 year old should be enough. He doesn't get cheap ones.

Beat depleted Pies next week and its the Giants in an elimination final of sorts. Adelaide, Richmond and North are bottom 4 sides. Blues I think will be too strong. Beat both Pies and Giants and play finals I reckon.

Great win.

Good bounce back after poor performance last week.

We are showing great signs of being a very competitive side going fwd.

Freo tried their best, bought the heat and defenders marked many fwd thrusts. But we are a good team also and lifted in last quarter to overrun them.

This was one of the best wins of the year for me, these guys are starting to believe.

Ginni in for Bruest and onto chopping down the Woodsmen next week !

You'd think we got belted by 30 or 40 off... 4 more inside 50s?

Just look through the stats. They had 27 extra marks and they weren’t cheapies either, they were across the whole ground and many contested. Fremantle had 6 of the top 8 rated players on the ground. It will be interesting to see the coaches votes. I suspect they will get the majority of them.

It was a great grinding win where struck at the right time but we shouldn’t fool ourselves that it was a convincing win. I suspect if that was played in WA the result would look more like the Cats game.

Is this really bad to say, and I’m genuinely sorry for the guy, but is Mitch Lewis’s injury a win for us?

I'm sure Dear and Chol would love to be playing with Mitch at the moment.

They both had to do it tough today.

Freo's talls barely gave us an inch.

The belief in this team is ridiculous!!
Freo had us on the ropes multiple times but they just dug deep and refused to give in.
Banged up skipper stood tall to lead the team.
Meek was huge against Jackson
Weddle had a great game - took on many different roles.
Worpel, Nash, Day and Newcombe were all huge in the last quarter.
What about Sam Frost’s corridor kick to Jarman Impey opened up an opportunity to get the ball rolling!
thanks for saying all that.....just what I feel

Just look through the stats. They had 27 extra marks and they weren’t cheapies either, they were across the whole ground and many contested. Fremantle had 6 of the top 8 rated players on the ground. It will be interesting to see the coaches votes. I suspect they will get the majority of them.

It was a great grinding win where struck at the right time but we shouldn’t fool ourselves that it was a convincing win. I suspect if that was played in WA the result would look more like the Cats game.
They outplayed us for most of the game but at no stage should it have been 30 or 40. Idk what you mean by marks either because marks have no bearing on score. They had 1 more mark inside 50 than we did. We beat them at clearances and contested ball. It's just differences in play style.

I'm not sure that the difference between the two clubs was ever as big as you're saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back