Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

NEVER IN DOUBT FLEABANE, NEVER IN DOOOUBT!!!!!

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

Best on ground - Meek.
Best off ground - Sam (what a move to send Sicily forward).

We are a very exciting team to watch. Although I must admit that some of the "under-no-pressure" slack kicking was frustrating to watch (Hardwick, Sicily, Amos - some of our elite kickers did that today).
When it was really needed towards the second part of 4th quarter boys really lifted. Freo looked slow and tired where as we played like a bunch of terriers.

Calsh clunking a contest around the wing half way through that last quarter was the contest we needed to win. Got us that deeper entry and goal after they’d marked everything as we’d gone forward previously.

So excited by this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree, although his kick inside 50 needed to be towards the flank rather than down the middle. He will learn though

That's the thing with Meek, even when he gets his colours lowered (marginal but I think Jackson was better today) he still contributes to the side winning. He's not pretty but like a sledgehammer he is effective.

For me having Meek as our number 1 ruck has been one of the biggest factors in our turn around from last year.
Sicily mentioned him heavily, internally his one of our most important players, his physicality is everything when it’s not going our way in the middle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't our best game but to scrap a win out like that when Freo looked like they could run over us was a fantastic bloody effort.
Some great character on show out there today.
Oh and...THE WIZARD!!!!!!
We have played a lot worse. I honestly think Freo just outplayed us. I am stunned we won

We had no right to win that and we bloody did it! Unbelievable win. The Wiz sealer was one for the ages
This. One of those games that looked like it was going to get away from us and go down as an honourable loss, but we showed great resilience to run over the top of Freo the way we did. What a great win.

Last edited:
Hope Dear gets the RS nomination this week. He's been a revelation. I love that the commentators are all rooting for him too.

Shame Ward and Mackenzie had poor games.
Dear should get a nomination, surely. Body of work has to kick in at some stage.

Sicily mentioned him heavily, internally his one of our most important players, his physicality is everything when it’s not going our way in the middle
Big Meeksy is like the tide.

He just keeps pounding and pounding and grinds the opposition down into fine sand.

Exciting to think what level he will reach in the next 5 years as he's just entering his prime year's as a ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back