Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Supreme win in finals like conditions. Freo were good, especially with their pressure .

Great coaching sending Sicily forward and Weddle into the ruck late. What a special talent Weddle is.

Newk massive in final term, Meek massive all day, Nash terrific and very exciting stuff from the kids especially Weddle, Dear and Wizard.

Season still alive. We should beat a decimated Collingwood in another mini final next week, likely in front of a bumper crowd

Calsh clunking a contest around the wing half way through that last quarter was the contest we needed to win. Got us that deeper entry and goal after they’d marked everything as we’d gone forward previously.

So excited by this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

MEEK MONDAY IS LAUNCHING, that was one of the best ruck battles of the year
That's the thing with Meek, even when he gets his colours lowered (marginal but I think Jackson was better today) he still contributes to the side winning. He's not pretty but like a sledgehammer he is effective.

For me having Meek as our number 1 ruck has been one of the biggest factors in our turn around from last year.

Great last quarter effort everywhere, just those kicks into our 50 straight to them almost killed me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great tough stuff to get up in the end there!

Meek got in top in the last.
Nash kept going hard in the last.
Newk got off the chain in the 4th.
Worpel kept working as did Daysy.
Scrim massive all afternoon.
Moore never stops 110%%%
Chol keeps presenting.
Dear keeps flying.
Sicily clutch x3

Love it. Did not really expect to get up, Freo looked too bi go too strong too clean for most of the day.

Enjoy a beer on the way home
Boys, you deserve it!!

A coaching win today.
Things weren't working so he changed the roles rather than trying to flog a dead horse until the game was over

I've been critical, even in our close wins, of Mitch hurting us by keeping players in a role that isn't working until it's too late

Was also a very even game across the field

Wasn't our best game but to scrap a win out like that when Freo looked like they could run over us was a fantastic bloody effort.
Some great character on show out there today.
Oh and...THE WIZARD!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back