Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

That was one of the best wins for a long time. Freo came to play today, and wanted that game. We lost our way in the third abit, and they missed opportunities. We hung in there, and returned to Hawthorn footy in the last to finish the game off. I am rapt with the boys for winning today when they didnt play their best but still lifted the pressure in the last.

Big shout to Nashy who I thought was brilliant at the stoppages all day and did alot of work that doesnt register on the stat sheet.

Go Hawks!

And just quietly I think James Sicily is Captain of the Hawthorn Football Club for a long time yet to come.

What a bloody player he is, wins us the game with a busted shoulder and all Sheesh!

Belted them up around the ball when it mattered. No small thing doing that to Freo.

Number 3 was huge, along with big Lloyd.

We have a ruck who's taught himself to be a competitor, always had the size, now he really uses it

Sic turned what was a negative for the defense into a match winning cameo up forward.

Freakish.

Geez Healy and King would have hated that how good. Sicily, what a turn around. Prob has to stay forward now unless shoulder gets better. Dear, Wiz and Weddle awesome. Worps and Nash warriors

They were both bloody quiet when Dwayne Russell was going on about us winning a premiership every decade since the 60’s.

I had to listen to listen to Triple mmm in the last quarter as I was driving. Gave myself a lobotomy by doing so
Yeah, couldn't watch the game so listened to the biggest pack of idiots imaginable yell and scream their way through.

Makes the win all that more special. Can't wait to watch the replay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belted them up around the ball when it mattered. No small thing doing that to Freo.

Number 3 was huge, along with big Lloyd.

We have a ruck who's taught himself to be a competitor, always had the size, now he really uses it
Indeed. Felt we were outplayed for the majority of the game but we kept close and we were the clear better side when it mattered most in the last.

Newc and Worps had 17 between em in the last to 7 from Serong and Young, Meek had 6 and the otherwise dominant general play ruck in Jackson had 1. Flicked a switch and they couldn't go with us.

Best on ground - Meek.
Best off ground - Sam (what a move to send Sicily forward).

We are a very exciting team to watch. Although I must admit that some of the "under-no-pressure" slack kicking was frustrating to watch (Hardwick, Sicily, Amos - some of our elite kickers did that today).
When it was really needed towards the second part of 4th quarter boys really lifted. Freo looked slow and tired where as we played like a bunch of terriers.

Also earlier, where he put Weddle forward was quite good, then during the last stages putting Weddle in the ruck. He really wants the players versatile. Can understand the huge interest in Battle

That was a steal. Let’s be honest about it. We were chasing the ball all afternoon with the exception of two bursts in the second and last quarters. If you looked at the stats you would think we got rolled by 30-40. They had 27 more marks than we did. It was won through smart coaching, some fortune and the inability of Freo to capitalise on their dominance. You don’t complain about wins but I hope we also don’t think that we played to a high standard today. They need to keep working on the game plan and pressure intensity if we are going to improve.

That was a steal. Let’s be honest about it. We were chasing the ball all afternoon with the exception of two bursts in the second and last quarters. If you looked at the stats you would think we got rolled by 30-40. They had 27 more marks than we did. It was won through smart coaching, some fortune and the inability of Freo to capitalise on their dominance. You don’t complain about wins but I hope we also don’t think that we played to a high standard today. They need to keep working on the game plan and pressure intensity if we are going to improve.
You'd think we got belted by 30 or 40 off... 4 more inside 50s?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2024 : Hawks sink the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back