Autopsy 1 point Heart stopper against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the ...it guaranteed sydney a finals spot

Yeah ok if that's the umpires aim why the * would Gulden be called for a throw or Florent HTB etc to gift the crows goals?

I feel for this poor umpire , he made an error as do many officials every week

He's been hung out to dry from the AFL. They talk about mental health etc but then just blame him...pathetic.

After the game I felt for the Adelaide supporters, but honestly, after the carry on from many of their supporters and the media, as well as Gil doing a Gil, I'm done, and now amused at the saltiness and happy with how we won. They can all just get *. A mistake was made, happens to all of us, they need to move on and look to next year!

I thought it would just be a couple of one eyed idiots, but these imbeciles wanting the result changed are everywhere.

Buckley last night saying the Crows should 'take it further'.

What exactly are these idiots proposing?! The AFL starts going through games and altering scores based on umpiring decisions.

It's the weirdest reaction I have ever seen to a bad decision.

I guess we will have to go back to the Geelong v Collingwood last friday week and take 2 goals off Jeremy Cameron. Twice he got goals when he was clearly out of bounds. What about the dissent from Collingwood players? That was a clear free kick which would have resulted in Cameron being on the goal line. But does that matter because it was after he took a mark that was out on the full?

Who gets to decide what is a bad decision and what is impacting the result of games?

Gil? Lawyers? Stephen Rowe?

Complete nonsense. It was a bad decision. There are bad decisions that impact games all the time. We don't go back and start changing the scores retrospectively until this game apparently.
If that's the case, let's go back and review the 2016 GF.

After the game I felt for the Adelaide supporters, but honestly, after the carry on from many of their supporters and the media, as well as Gil doing a Gil, I'm done, and now amused at the saltiness and happy with how we won. They can all just get *. A mistake was made, happens to all of us, they need to move on and look to next year!
I did too feel for Adelaide. But then I thought of Dawson..... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

He's been hung out to dry from the AFL. They talk about mental health etc but then just blame him...pathetic.
I still can't get over the fact he was stood down. People make out that he is the first to make a mistake (I still maintain we dont have conclusive evidence that he was wrong btw but anyway). Let's just ignore all the other mistakes during the game, particularly in the 4th.

No need to apologise. If you re-read my post, you'll agree I never wrote that McCartin dropped. I stated that he lowered his body, which was the right thing to do when he expected contact from the smaller McAdam, who looked like he was about to bump shoulder to shoulder. I agree with you in regards to what happened next.

I'm not sure what Tom could have done differently. McCartin seemed to take appropriate steps to avoid a head high contact, lowering his body as he's expecting a bump, but seriously, WTF is he supposed to do when McAdam suddenly drops and presents his head? I've watched it many times over and I don't consider it was careless or high impact.

The action that is normally punished is when the offender raises his body or leaves the ground to raise his shoulder up to the head height of his opponent. In the AFL's eagerness to look like they're doing something to lessen head injuries (and to punish the Swans as a distraction for their clueless umpiring - in goals as well as on field, especially in Q4 and mostly going against the Swans), they are hanging McCartin for a crime he didn't commit. How typical of the AFL to respond to incompetence with yet more incompetence.

AFL - The league of Gormless Gentlemen.

I did make one error- I thought McCartin was stationary at poc, but he was moving and changing direction when they met. I see him tucked up but simply bracing for contact.

It was a purely football move…no past the ball stuff - but due to McAdam’s naivity TMac got him flush.

If that's the case, let's go back and review the 2016 GF.
Why stop there? Let's go back to 2005 and that dreadful free kick against Leo in the qf against WC? I've never been so angry in my life, told anyone and everyone who'd listen that that one bad call cost us a flag.
Yes it all ended well a couple of weeks later but doesn't change what a terrible call it was at the time.

Our backline is pretty good compared to most. And it's not like we've had a settled line-up this season. There's a lot going on under pressure. When the ball just keeps coming back in we should be asking why?

This has been a tough year. If we make finals, let alone win one, that'll be a win. Anything else will be a huge bonus. Personally I 'd be happy to see a Swans vs Giants GF, played at the Gabba. Leave the southern states out of it. Bad for them, great for the AFL if we want a truly national game
Our backline is pretty good - as long as T Mac is in it.

I thought it would just be a couple of one eyed idiots, but these imbeciles wanting the result changed are everywhere.

Buckley last night saying the Crows should 'take it further'.

What exactly are these idiots proposing?! The AFL starts going through games and altering scores based on umpiring decisions.

It's the weirdest reaction I have ever seen to a bad decision.

I guess we will have to go back to the Geelong v Collingwood last friday week and take 2 goals off Jeremy Cameron. Twice he got goals when he was clearly out of bounds. What about the dissent from Collingwood players? That was a clear free kick which would have resulted in Cameron being on the goal line. But does that matter because it was after he took a mark that was out on the full?

Who gets to decide what is a bad decision and what is impacting the result of games?

Gil? Lawyers? Stephen Rowe?

Complete nonsense. It was a bad decision. There are bad decisions that impact games all the time. But we don't go back and start changing the scores retrospectively until this game apparently.

Heard Nafan NoFlags this morning on the Nerdling‘s Show (Whately) reiterating the same abject nonsense.

Am flying back to Sydney today and the carryon here in Adelaide is still diabolical- they aren’t letting up. I knew the AFL would punish us with McCartin‘s suspension so as to appease the Adelaide nuts. The thing is, Crows supporters still think we cheated when it was the ump who made the error. From where we were sitting at the game we thought that it was a goal. So surprised when it wasn’t declared that way. I love Adelaide normally, couldn’t wait to leave today.

Heard Nafan NoFlags this morning on the Nerdling‘s Show (Whately) reiterating the same abject nonsense.
Yeah like what level of “mistake” do you pursue ? with Nafan Nuffnuffs way of thinking and the severity, then the Dogs should be giving us the cup & medals from 2016 Due to that debacle. The same can be said for the Raiders v Roosters GF in the NRL, the Raiders were shaffted by that ref.

Am flying back to Sydney today and the carryon here in Adelaide is still diabolical- they aren’t letting up. I knew the AFL would punish us with McCartin‘s suspension so as to appease the Adelaide nuts. The thing is, Crows supporters still think we cheated when it was the ump who made the error. From where we were sitting at the game we thought that it was a goal. So surprised when it wasn’t declared that way. I love Adelaide normally, couldn’t wait to leave today.
I presume that's maybe what's prompted yet another statement from Jordan Dawson this morning (just heard a Swans supporter read it out in full on SEN)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Swans. See, I think the word Sydney in our club's name is what draws the ire of Melbourne clubs and the Melbourne media. The mel-Bourne Indentity is one of being second best, the plain and dowdy sister of a glittering star or the little brother who is over-shadowed, unnoticed by the world. So periodically the AFL hit us with another mel-Bourne Ultimatum, which we tend to shrug off and just get on with finding a way to win. It's even worse for Adelaide, a city known for churches, cheap real-estate and pies floating in pea soup, where the locals define 'making it' as saving enough to move to Melbourne.

To all you crow eaters. Get over it. You only got to within a goal of us through awfully poor umpiring calls in your favour. Don't cry cheat when the Karma Fairy turns around and bites you on the ass.

I've never once wanted to move to Melbourne nor eaten a pie floater (really aren't that big of a thing).

Crows are having an absolute meltdown over this. They can get stuffed though. No self awareness or logic. Ricciuto's been no friend to us in the past, whinging about academies via his media pulpit, even though we don't even have the go home factor that SA does to some extent. Were happy to be smug over the Dawson trade. I have no sympathy.

What did he say??
"It's a very crucial time of the year, and a game and a moment, for us," Dawson told reporters on Monday.
"We want to show our disappointment.
"But we also don't want that umpire to feel like he has cost us the year.
"Because we know there have been plenty of games where we probably should have won and have been in these positions that we have lost and cost ourselves through our own error.
"There's nothing that can be done. I watched it a couple of times but there's no point continually watching it and getting frustrated by it."

Why stop there? Let's go back to 2005 and that dreadful free kick against Leo in the qf against WC? I've never been so angry in my life, told anyone and everyone who'd listen that that one bad call cost us a flag.
Yes it all ended well a couple of weeks later but doesn't change what a terrible call it was at the time.
Was that the free against Leo for the “illegal block” on Tyson Stengline I think it was in the qualifying final? That was a joke!

Also in the 2005 GF where Cox clearly pushed Jolly square in the back before he sent it down for the famous Leo Barry mark. If Seaby marked that and won the game then we’d probably call for a royal commission there.

3 quarters of great footy then 3 mins of madness to start the 4th quarter. We should've won that game by 50+
I'm watching the replay now on the big screen and I'm up to half time. It really is the most '2022-like' we have been all year. What is impressing me most is how we're playing tempo footy, absorbing the Crows' mini-run ons so that that's all they remain, then being clinical when it's our turn. Clearly that fades as the game goes on but it's really exciting that we're pulling this kind of footy out so close to finals.

I'll also say that I think Warner & Gulden must've had a Bali trip booked for September or something, because they seem to be doing their darndest to lose us this match so far LOL

Panic starts from the centre bounce in the 4th quarter. It might seem odd but I wouldn't mind our fwds at the start of 4th quarter, stand right on the 50m arc & then sprint to the middle to put pressure on the opposition mids. Maybe keep 1 deep forward but the rest are just there to put pressure on the halfbacks/opposition mids. Flood the middle to create a stoppage so the opposition doesn't get a quick clean break from the middle. The issue is repeat quick clean breaks which shatters our confidence & leads to panic. It could be a tactical change that has an immediate impact.

I'm watching the replay now on the big screen and I'm up to half time. It really is the most '2022-like' we have been all year. What is impressing me most is how we're playing tempo footy, absorbing the Crows' mini-run ons so that that's all they remain, then being clinical when it's our turn. Clearly that fades as the game goes on but it's really exciting that we're pulling this kind of footy out so close to finals.

I'll also say that I think Warner & Gulden must've had a Bali trip booked for September or something, because they seem to be doing their darndest to lose us this match so far LOL

Noticed Gulden was trying to hit targets with shortish type kicks which weren't working in the wet conditions. Something to learn & improve moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back