Autopsy 1 point Heart stopper against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's waaaaaay easier for them to scapegoat the goal umpire and throw us under the bus. Gil knows there will be outrage from Vic and SA media. And there's no pushback from us since the Sydney media don't cover us.

Gil is a weasel.

exactly! (although harsh on the noble weasel) very easy for mclachlan to make such a stand when it involves a club from sydney ... certainly, the vic media will gladly jump all over that
imagine if it were collingwood, and him saying something like that with fathead ed ready to wade in?

IMO the available footage is 100% conclusive. It was a goal.
Yes! Yes!
It's wonderful isn't it.
They took Dawson, who is yet to play a final.
We get a little extra help to make sure we play finals.

Fair to say this somewhat makes up for the 10 draft positions we lost for losing Dawson, who has become their star captain after 1 season.
We wanted pick 4. They gave us Melbourne's 2022 first round pick, which ended up being 14 & they have been laughing their heads off until that goal umpire & the AFL wiped it from their faces.

Yes, it was absolutely a goal. Yes they should have won.
They can celebrate mad Monday with their captain after next week's game.

Foxtels footage can be seen here - its about the 4th clip in at the start. - pretty conclusive.

"As big a mistake as I can remember."

Yeah good onya Lloyd. Can you 'remember' 2007 when you stole a game from us and you were like "bad luck we deserve it." Two meters out of bounds.

Didn't hear the outrage then though did we? Probably cause we're 'just' Sydney?

Seriously. These media clowns can **** off.

Yeah good onya Lloyd. Can you 'remember' 2007 when you stole a game from us and you were like "bad luck we deserve it." Two meters out of bounds.

Seriously. These media clowns can * off.

Or the 2009 GF hit post that cost Saint Kilda the flag

Seriously. These media clowns can * off.

Thought he made a pretty big mistake just a week or so ago….

Absolutely. Good luck to the new guy, starting way behind with relationships with NSW. Imagine the outrage should we go far in the finals.

Gil basically threw everyone under the bus to protect himself
What? Gil? Never 😱

Would be very interesting how the media discussion would have gone if this had been the other way around and it was us that had the goal disallowed, something tells me there wouldn't have been anywhere near the outrage.

What? Gil? Never 😱

Would be very interesting how the media discussion would have gone if this had been the other way around and it was us that had the goal disallowed, something tells me there wouldn't have been anywhere near the outrage.
This.

It's exactly why I don't give a shizen. If it happens to the Crows in a GF then I'll listen to their complaints. Til then, **** em

What? Gil? Never 😱

It would have been described as inconclusive and the Ump praised for making a decisive decision and not referring like every other goal ump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man talk about grasping at straws. Is that jumpy/grainy footage the best evidence they have that's got all the online detectives up and screaming?

The goal review would have been called and given the umpires call with what channel 7 had.

Goal umpire was in best position, was a crows supporter, and said it nicked the post.
Yep, a Crows fan. Where did you see that reported? Met him a couple of times in social situations (years ago) actually.

Of course it won't change the narrative from other Crows fans.

After time to reflect on the goal, non goal and looking at it, thinking about how I would feel roles reversed and so on.

My own conclusion is . Get ****ed Adelaide

who cares

lucky you got close, and I also don't give a **** if you were robbed, you can kiss my ass

After time to reflect on the goal, non goal and looking at it, thinking about how I would feel roles reversed and so on.

My own conclusion is . Get ****ed Adelaide

who cares

lucky you got close, and I also don't give a * if you were robbed, you can kiss my ass

see, there's a calm, considered opinion
like a high court judge
you should post this on the adelaide board, it'll almost certainly silence their fans and bring the matter to a close

see, there's a calm, considered opinion
like a high court judge
you should post this on the adelaide board, it'll almost certainly silence their fans and bring the matter to a close

I think so. It shall be well received

Gil has just given another presser, bus driver at fault for running over goal ump.

What that view does show is at least a reason for a goal umpire to make a call and worse case think he saw a deviation

Do we need a change in tactics for the last quarter? Maybe start with a slower pace & uncontested footy knowing the opposition will be coming at us hard in the initial burst. Do we address it with the sub? Imo someone who we can inject into the midfield for fresh legs & immediate impact. Matt Roberts or Stephens would be my pick. Win it at the bounce or create stoppages initially until we win possession of the footy then play it slower so opposition don't have speed on the ball. Something needs to change...just throwing up ideas

Rowbottom was soo freaking good. Parker was meh, probably needs a spell. I was wrong about Papley in the centre bounce, we've utilised him well as the initial outlet when winning a clearance. Imo opposition coaches will notice it & adjust accordingly but it's good to see a plan coming off.

I still think we bomb it unnecessarily far too often from centre clearances, we need to use our wingers more imo. I get it's so we get a quick fwd 50 entry but I've seen it hardly reach the fwd 50 & result in a bad turnover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 1 point Heart stopper against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back