$10 Name a Game DVD's

Remove this Banner Ad

$10 name a game sale starts early next year, get your lists ready. Also, currently there is a Modra DVD for $4.99 at sports delivered, and tomorrow the top 5 Name-A-Game sellers of 2011 will only be $10 each.

$10 name a game sale starts early next year, get your lists ready. Also, currently there is a Modra DVD for $4.99 at sports delivered, and tomorrow the top 5 Name-A-Game sellers of 2011 will only be $10 each.
Do you have an exact date? Didn't realise they were doing this again!:thumbsu: It'd be awesome if people got some lists up again to help the people with bad memories of specific dates.... When was the game where Jarman kicked 7 against Carlton at home in one of his last games (2001?)?

Do you have an exact date? Didn't realise they were doing this again!:thumbsu: It'd be awesome if people got some lists up again to help the people with bad memories of specific dates.... When was the game where Jarman kicked 7 against Carlton at home in one of his last games (2001?)?

No exact date as yet. They are doing the sale early next year as the huge amount of orders made it difficult to get them all out for christmas. It also got in the way of their regular christmas sales. Ive still got my invoice from the last order as around half werent available at the time.

Not too many worthy games from 2011... Did like the loss vs Geelong though. Even though it was a loss, was a good game

DVDs already owned include Adelaide 21.4 (130) d Essendon 18.6 (114),
97 and 98 Prelim finals against WB and the 138 point thrashing against Essendon in 2006.

When the $10 sale starts, thinking of getting Adelaide v Freo 06 QF, Adelaide v WCE R22 2005, Adelaide v Port 2005 SF, Showdown 24.

Maybe the 2009 final against Essendon, but that could be painful to watch considering the result one week later.

The Crows shop had a bargain the other day (as their 12 days of Christmas I think?) - got the 1997 series of discs (5 in all I think) for $20 with the grannie and finals. Not a bad stocking stuffer.

Just bought the Modra one too!

I got that one too Jenny - just finished watching the last term of the PF v the Bulldogs. Now seen that game for about the 75th time.

Love the commentators talking about 'what the Dogs are going to do next week against the Saints'. :thumbsu:

I got that one too Jenny - just finished watching the last term of the PF v the Bulldogs. Now seen that game for about the 75th time.

Love the commentators talking about 'what the Dogs are going to do next week against the Saints'. :thumbsu:

I can't watch mine until my hubby opens it for Christmas! :p But I remember the commentary - word for word!

I can't watch mine until my hubby opens it for Christmas! :p But I remember the commentary - word for word!

I was watching it tonight and when Kane Johnson hits D Jarman lace out I went 'Jarman's got it, Mr Magic's got it' word for word with Kevin Bartlett.

The wife reckons I'm nuts.

Could be time for a new wife. :) ;)

I was watching it tonight and when Kane Johnson hits D Jarman lace out I went 'Jarman's got it, Mr Magic's got it' word for word with Kevin Bartlett.

The wife reckons I'm nuts.

Could be time for a new wife. :) ;)

:D Hubby and I are as fanatical as each other (thank god!). Little bloke is now too (like he ever had a choice!). :eek:

DVDs already owned include Adelaide 21.4 (130) d Essendon 18.6 (114),
97 and 98 Prelim finals against WB and the 138 point thrashing against Essendon in 2006.

When the $10 sale starts, thinking of getting Adelaide v Freo 06 QF, Adelaide v WCE R22 2005, Adelaide v Port 2005 SF, Showdown 24.

Maybe the 2009 final against Essendon,
but that could be painful to watch considering the result one week later.
Regretted not getting those last year... cmon people, more ideas!:D;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

round 4 2001 vs carlton, thats the one where we won vs carlton in the lightning at princess park, and roo was a battering ram in the first quarter :thumbsu:

round 4 1993 vs fitzroy, won by a point, was possibly one of the better crows games i remember

Regretted not getting those last year... cmon people, more ideas!:D;)
Round 17, 2002. Geelong vs Adelaide at Skilled Stadium.

That was the game where Ayres got stuck into the Geelong ferals giving him stick. Roo was immense that day.

another few to consider

round 6 2003 - carey vs nth melbourne

slightly different one here - round 10, 2000. this game was vs essendon the year they only lost one game, and we somehow managed to be 4 goals up in the 3rd quarter. exactly the same sort of game to the collingwood game this year, so stop watching at 3/4 time

rd 13 2000, great away win against the tigers

rd 15 2001, the game that got blighty sacked from st kilda, we were white hot this night, d jarman tore it up

Howdy guys.
I wasn't sure where to ask this.

But on our board in the youtube thread I'm having a discussion with a youngster about how good Ablett Snr's leap was. I made the comment that Modra was a better leap than Gaz.

It would be fair to say I dont have many freinds on the board regarding the subject.

Here is one comment "Modra was a great jumper but he didn't get up like Ablett.
Brett Burton, Darrell White were better jumpers than Modra."

So, would you care to point me in the direction of some good footage please? ;)

modra had the best leap i've ever seen, including burton

if you can find youtube footage of modra's grab against north melbourne in 1993, you can see pretty clear how good a leap he was.

not taking anything away from ablett at all, he also had a brilliant leap. it's pretty hard to separate the 2

Howdy guys.
I wasn't sure where to ask this.

But on our board in the youtube thread I'm having a discussion with a youngster about how good Ablett Snr's leap was. I made the comment that Modra was a better leap than Gaz.

It would be fair to say I dont have many freinds on the board regarding the subject.

Here is one comment "Modra was a great jumper but he didn't get up like Ablett.
Brett Burton, Darrell White were better jumpers than Modra."

So, would you care to point me in the direction of some good footage please? ;)

Plenty of goods on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6c8iAckQrM 1993 MotY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZIiabMSlBw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN5zpWzuWRg

Mods could get huge air. Hard to say whether he could get more than Ablett, but Mods really knew how to use his body too. The way he could twist and turn in the air to get prime position for the grab was second to none.

I have just shy of 50 matches on DVD, so if you are looking for something different take a look through this list. It has all the usual suspects but also a few hidden gems.

1991 Round 1 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
“First Blood”

1992 Round 12 – Hawthorn v Adelaide
Come from behind 1-point victory.

1993 Round 4 – Adelaide v Fitzroy
Tight, close 1-point victory.

1993 Round 8 – Adelaide v North Melbourne
Two point win, Modra kicks ten and takes mark of the year.

1993 First EF – Hawthorn v Adelaide
First finals match/First finals win.

1994 Round 1 – Adelaide v Carlton
Big win against reigning Grand Finalists, Modra kicks 13.

1994 Round 6 – Brisbane v Adelaide
Big come from behind win at the Gabba.

1995 Round 9 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
McLeod comes of age by kicking “that” goal to steal a two point win.

1996 Round 17 – Adelaide v Fitzroy
14-goal second quarter sets up big win.

1997 First QF – Adelaide v West Coast
First home finals match and win.

1997 Second SF – Adelaide v Geelong
Finals match.

1997 First PF – Western Bulldogs v Adelaide
First Preliminary final win.

1997 Grand Final – Adelaide v St. Kilda
Speaks for itself.

1998 Second SF – Sydney v Adelaide
Finals win away from home and in the wet.

1998 First PF – Western Bulldogs v Adelaide
Second Preliminary final win, sets up second consecutive GF appearance.

1998 Grand Final – Adelaide v North Melbourne
Again, speaks for itself.

1999 Round 12 – Adelaide v Collingwood
Narrow come-from-behind victory.

2000 Round 7 - Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Ricciuto collects 41 possessions in a massive comeback to narrowly win Showdown.

2001 Round 4 – Carlton v Adelaide
Ricciuto kicks 4 goals in thunder and lightning to overrun Blues.

2001 Round 8 – Richmond v Adelaide
9 goal third quarter special to overrun Tigers.

2001 Round 9 – Brisbane Lions v Adelaide
Last team to beat Brisbane before their undefeated run to the flag, and at the Gabba.

2001 Round 20 – Kangaroos v Adelaide
Ten goal win, Ricciuto and McLeod 35 touches each.

2002 Round 17 – Geelong v Adelaide
Deadly accurate to hold off Geelong for a rare win at Kardinia. Ayres gives the two finger salute.

2002 Second SF – Adelaide v Melbourne
40 points up at quarter time, 22 points down at ¾ time, epic finals win.

2003 Wizard Cup Grand Final – Adelaide v Collingwood
First pre-season Premiership.

2003 Round 6 – Kangaroos v Adelaide
Wayne Carey’s first match against his old side.

2003 Round 18 – Adelaide v Sydney
Narrow win, one of Carey’s best games with five goals.

2003 Second EF – Adelaide v West Coast
Finals win.

2004 Round 10 – Hawthorn v Adelaide
Big win at the ‘G, Carey kicks a brilliant goal running from the wing.

2005 Round 2 – Collingwood v Adelaide
McLeod kicks the Garry Lyon “Don’t Tell Me” sealer from 50 on the boundary in a tight match.

2005 Round 3 – Adelaide v Port Adelaide
Big showdown win.

2005 Round 20 – Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Heritage round tight Showdown win.

2005 First SF – Adelaide v Port Adelaide
“The Dream Final” massive win in first finals showdown match.

2006 Round 10 – Adelaide v Essendon
Highest ever score in McLeod’s 250th.

2006 Round 16 – Adelaide v Kangaroos
Ricciuto’s 300th and a big win.

2006 Second QF – Adelaide v Fremantle
Finals win.

2007 Round 22 – Collingwood v Adelaide
Good win to seal finals spot.

2008 Round 3 – Adelaide v Port Adelaide
Defied the Port demolition machine to hold on for a memorable victory.

2008 Round 18 - Adelaide v Carlton
Held on against fast finishing Blues.

2008 Round 19 – Adelaide v Richmond
McLeod’s 300th game, big win.

2009 Round 1 – Collingwood v Adelaide
Held off the Pies in an enthralling contest. Debut of Taylor Walker.

2009 Round 9 – Adelaide v Carlton
Started 7-game winning streak with Knights kicking five. McLeod breaks games record in 313th match.

2009 Round 10 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
Solid win with Walker kicking five and winning Rising Star nomination.

2009 Round 11 – Essendon v Adelaide
Extreme accuracy from both sides with Adelaide being too good and Tippett kicking 7. Edwards' 300th game.

2009 Round 20 – Hawthorn v Adelaide
Solid win with Trent Hentschel kicking 4 goals in his second comeback.

2009 Round 22 – Carlton v Adelaide
The Birdman takes mark of the year in a big win before finals.

2009 First EF – Adelaide v Essendon
Massive finals victory.

2010 Round 16 – Adelaide v Geelong
Memorable victory against the dominant Geelong side.

2011 Round 1 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
Come from behind win in rematch of first ever game.

^ Thanks for that Crow28. Will help me choose which games I want to purchase next when the sale starts.

Just watching 188-50 win in 06. Watching this game just makes you scratch your head and wonder how we didn't make the Grand Final that year. We were so damn good. Brent Reily was a very good footballer in 06.

^ Thanks for that Crow28. Will help me choose which games I want to purchase next when the sale starts.

Just watching 188-50 win in 06. Watching this game just makes you scratch your head and wonder how we didn't make the Grand Final that year. We were so damn good. Brent Reily was a very good footballer in 06.

That was before we tried to convert Reilly into a Thompson clone. He was played on the wing and allowed to run with space in that game, which meant his kicking skills could be utilised.

But yeah, we were r*ped by injuries, I mean Parvo Virus?! WTF?!

Remove this Banner Ad

$10 Name a Game DVD's

Remove this Banner Ad

Back