Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys and girls sorry for the intrusion

Just wanted to say congrats on a great game. You guys deserved the win and obviously the injuries were key. All the best for the rest of the year and if Brisbane doesn’t win the premiership, I hope it’s you guys

Hope they best for rampe and paps also 👍🏻

Wasn’t really our day with the umps, injuries and even the bounce of Mcluggages freakish goal from a centre clearance. Would have loved to have won a close game but we were just gassed - tried our hearts out. Confident that 9.5 times out of 10 we beat the lions. Better to have these types of games at this time of the year than in a big final.

Not all Doom & Gloom. Mills, Rowie & Sheldrick in next week

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would shift Mills into Rampe’s role. Most like for like. Rowie back into the guts. However I would replace Paps with Wicks. We need more pressure when the ball hits the deck. You could see how quickly the ball came out of defence in that last quarter with Hayward on one leg and no Paps.. Parker is too slow to apply real pressure.

Umpires are human and they make mistakes in favour of the opposition all the time (said every fan).

From a technical perspective how is Daniher able to push Grundy in the back from a boundary throw in and then get a shot at goal. It’s hardly ruck craft if you shove someone in the back. If it was forward 50 entry it would be paid a push.

AFL are running the game into the ground with how they manage it.

I know the club won't say anything publicly but they'd better be making some phone calls to head office behind close doors. Seeing Heeney and Warner constantly scragged and held and get nothing, yet never missed when we do it. Infuriating.
I want some of this home town umpiring that every other club outside NSW seems to get.

Lions are not a threat…..it is easy, I think it is true though.

Which team beats them on the run home ?

They’re a chance to finish top 2

They were saying the same thing about us when we were on our winning run.

I’ll get on board if we start winning again and they don’t and not just against a bottom two side

My pessimism is at all time high I grant you

2.6 in the third cost us the game. Similar to the Saints game we didn’t make the most of our chances when we were on top.

Injuries didn’t help either but we still played well enough to lead.

I realise it’s the pressure of the game but some players seem to forget their routine. Stuttering run up, too close to the man on the mark and poke at the ball rather than following through. FFS stick to your routine!

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not trying to be negative, just more being a realist.

If we don’t give up 5 goals to 1 in the first quarter (again), we don’t need to spend the extra tickets to get back into the game at that point.

If we take our opportunities in the third quarter before the fatigue sets in, we blow the game out to a match winning lead.

Both are big problems, and neither can be blamed by the injuries (maybe Haywards set shots on a bung foot to an extent).

Can we be stoked that we fought out the last quarter and hit back after they took the lead a couple of times, yes, great that we showed that spirit and fight. But to overlook those big key things that shaped the result because we got injuries isn’t going to help us moving forward.

Which team beats them on the run home ?

They’re a chance to finish top 2

They were saying the same thing about us when we were on our winning run.

I’ll get on board if we start winning again and they don’t and not just against a bottom two side

My pessimism is at all time high I grant you

Suns haven't lost at home yet that will be tough

Listen mate you take 6 regular players out of any team & they struggle. You lose two of your best players in a game & you are going to have very tired players in the last quarter. Paps was a huge loss because he gives the mids a break. Today, we played one mid rotation & 2 bench rotations down. That stuffs players in the last quarter. We could have taken our opportunities in the third but didn't & I knew we were up against it in the last because, unlike us, who had two bench players, they had a full bench, they were fresh & they saved rotations for the last.

It was a brave effort against all odds. Even coming in our outs were huge. Rowie is by far the best tackler in the AFL. He is our bssf clearance player in & under. Getting down & dirty every game. Maca is the best winger in the AFL. I don't count Gulden as a winger, more an extra mid.

Mills will be huge next week. Luckily Rowie will probably come back, hairline cheek fractures heal quickly. Gus Sheldrick had a great game in the Twos. So, with Rampe, Paps & Hayward probably out, out ins might look a little like this;

In: Mills, Rowbottom & Sheldrick

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Love your commentary mate. Totally agree that we up against it today and you could see how gassed we were.
I would squeeze Wicks in - need a pressure forward. So Mills (Rampe), Rowie (paps) and Wicks (Hayward). Wicks probably doesn’t deserve but out forward just functions better.

That was actually a really bad loss. We should have found a way. It showed once again that we can't win a close game to save our lives, which is a gigantic concern heading into the finals. We seem to lack composure when it gets tight.

3 losses in the last 4 games, Papley, Rampe and Hayward out. We've fallen right back to the pack. We really needed that one considering our poor form and mounting injury problems. It only gets harder from here.

You’re a troll, right?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Hey guys and girls sorry for the intrusion

Just wanted to say congrats on a great game. You guys deserved the win and obviously the injuries were key. All the best for the rest of the year and if Brisbane doesn’t win the premiership, I hope it’s you guys

Hope they best for rampe and paps also 👍🏻
Thanks. The only chance for a fair GF is if we play each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back