Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team beats them on the run home ?

They’re a chance to finish top 2

They were saying the same thing about us when we were on our winning run.

I’ll get on board if we start winning again and they don’t and not just against a bottom two side

My pessimism is at all time high I grant you
They will make finals, I don't think they are a threat on current form...

Surely hayward is fine to play after a light weeks rest if he can play out the game today
Whatever was wrong you would think the Dr decided he cant do any more damage to it. Assuming it cools down OK, he will probably play with painkillers for the rest of the year..

They will make finals, I don't think they are a threat on current form...

On our current form and injuries, everyone's a threat. There's a lot of people in this thread dismissing Brisbane for some reason, but they won. They've won their last 7, while we've lost 3 of the last 4 and a handful of players. Seems ridiculous we're claiming some kind of moral victory. That was shit. We lost. Again.

Last edited:
On our current form and injuries, everyone's a threat. There's a lot of people in this thread dismissing Brisbane for some reason, but they won. They've won their last 7, and we've lost 3 of the last 4. Seems ridiculous we're claiming some kind of moral victory. That was shit. We lost. Again.

Yer but look at the circumstances they won you should win when its lopsided in your favor or do you expect us to lose 3 players every time?

I was expecting a 30-40 point loss we were ahead with 3mins to go like its a tough comp to win at your best every week.

The problem is not losing today but the loss against the Saints is where losing today stings still effectively 3 games ahead tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot depends from hereon on the injury prognoses for McInerney and Papley (and to a lesser extent Hayward). I’m assuming Rampe’s is just a calf that will take a few weeks.

Although we can probably cover JMac, even long term, (though a weaker team for his absence), if Papley’s ankle is bad he’ll be a huge loss.

It was encouraging to see Adams do a role on Neale. Now we need our tall forwards - or at least one - to learn how to quell the influence of someone like Andrews.

It was also encouraging to see Corey suggest he’s ready for senior footy. Probably not yet true best 23, but able to be called on when needed. And maybe with another pre/season he might become genuine best 23.

Gawd I hate autocorrect that insists on inserting unwanted apostrophes…

Yer but look at the circumstances they won you should win when its lopsided in your favor or do you expect us to lose 3 players every time?

I was expecting a 30-40 point loss we were ahead with 3mins to go like its a tough comp to win at your best every week.

The problem is not losing today but the loss against the Saints is where losing today stings still effectively 3 games ahead tho.

Why were you expecting a 40 point loss? Why are the expectations suddenly so low around here? This is the type of game we usually win. The injuries were damaging, but we were only one player down. Hayward played better on one leg than before the injury, and Warner covered the loss of Papley admirably. We should have been able to hold on in the last and it wouldn't have been a miracle if we did.

Do we concede an unusual amount of goals over the top of the defence or through arsey balls through small gaps/bounces in goal square we don't get a touch on.

Why were you expecting a 40 point loss? Why are the expectations suddenly so low around here? This is the type of game we usually win. The injuries were damaging, but we were only one player down. Hayward played better on one leg than before the injury, and Warner covered the loss of Papley admirably. We should have been able to hold on in the last and it wouldn't have been a miracle if we did.

Because i dont think we took the team for the absolute sole of winning today, our form hasnt been stellar the past month i penciled this one in as a loss even when we were 13-1.

Losing to the Saints and Freo those were more costly than dropping today.

They’ll win those

Hard to keep winning, they look ok now, but they were lucky in a lot of ways today and Saints, Dees. Win is a win, but I reckon they will hit a wall soon enough. Well hopefully 🤣

Fatigue from being 3 down on the bench , and having to reorganise the line up will do that.

I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure we were only 1 down on the bench. Rampe was replaced by Warner and Hayward stayed out there (and had a good game). Papley was the only one we couldn't cover.

It’s a shame Konstanty is injured or hasn’t come on, would have been needed for the next few weeks without Papley around.

Hanily is injured too?

Wicks the obvious in now
He has been rank ordinary in the 2s the last 2 weeks. Time to think about giving Magor a try. Third highest rated player.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2 point loss vs the Lions!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back