List Mgmt. 2009 trade week discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we affording Davey? He would be one of the highest paid Melbourne players, and considering we are struggling to fit Ablett and Selwood in as it is?

Yeah I was just playing along.
And he has only been offered 350 apparently.

But it's pretty obvious from the exercise that we are going to have enough trouble giving games to our new kids as it is. So we don't need Davey.

Do you reckon the club would seriously consider a straight swap of Aaron Davey for Shannon Byrnes? :eek:

(Just asking! :p )

How about Byrnes, Mumford, Tenace, DJ, Wojo for davey :D

Then we can draft 5 kids if harley retires ;)

Marcus Drum

I have heard a few whispers that Marcus Drum, the promising, young backman from Freo is leaving the dockers and keen to further his career down at Geelong.
I have kept a close eye on this kids progress over the last few seasons as his old man Damian Drum played with the cats back in the 80s.
He isn't demanding big cash and the potential exit of Harley could result in a bit of extra cash to throw about.
He would be a good fit in the backline, he is quick and tall and has good skills and would work well as a 3rd defender.

What do you guys think?

Today's Hun linked us with Drum who has apparently walked out from Freo. At 22 , he is probably not a bad fit but for , 1 what would they want and 2 ,I'd think he would have to be costly than just picking up a green kid and we are already squeezed for Cap dollars.

Any one think this is realistic or is it just paper talk as per usual for this time of year.

Drum would be a great fit.
Only played a handful of games so not asking for a lot of $$$$$
His old man played for the club
He is a tall defender with good skills, a good foil for the possible retirement of Harley

Re: Marcus Drum

I have heard a few whispers that Marcus Drum, the promising, young backman from Freo is leaving the dockers and keen to further his career down at Geelong.
I have kept a close eye on this kids progress over the last few seasons as his old man Damian Drum played with the cats back in the 80s.
He isn't demanding big cash and the potential exit of Harley could result in a bit of extra cash to throw about.
He would be a good fit in the backline, he is quick and tall and has good skills and would work well as a 3rd defender.

What do you guys think?

Definitely worth a shot IMO.
I've seen him and you're right, he has some great skills and from what I've seen he's a good crumbing defender who would work well in our side.
Didn't Marcus Drum used to play as a Forward in his early days and didn't he kick five goals in a game for Freo once? I'm pretty certain he did. :thumbsu:

I assume that every player will end up at Hawthorn's bottomless pit of a salary cap.

Definitely worth a shot IMO.
I've seen him and you're right, he has some great skills and from what I've seen he's a good crumbing defender who would work well in our side.
Didn't Marcus Drum used to play as a Forward in his early days and didn't he kick five goals in a game for Freo once? I'm pretty certain he did. :thumbsu:

His official stats say 0 goals.
190cm defender.
I think he is worth having a go at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your second rounder would do it
Probably, but I think we will be looking to offload players due to our salary cap restrictions.

Actually the more I think about it, why would we trade one of our players for another player on a similar salary?

Oh nevermind me by the way..

What do you guys think?

Ask any guy at Freo, and I'm sure they would want and say the same thing.

Can't say i know anything of him but would we have room? Not only in the cap but room for him on the field. If Harley retires we have 1 free spot but then Hunt will be back so we will have a full team. Then even if we have another defender go down for the season we have Gillies who needs to game time if we want him to advance.

Going completely off topic kicking 20.6 for a game is pretty accurate kicking.

Can't say i know anything of him but would we have room? Not only in the cap but room for him on the field. If Harley retires we have 1 free spot but then Hunt will be back so we will have a full team. Then even if we have another defender go down for the season we have Gillies who needs to game time if we want him to advance.

Thats what I was thinking, but he is only 22. So he may come in handy once people like Scarlett, Milburn and Harley decide to hang up the boots.

No doubt at some stage we will have multiple injuries in our backline next year, especially seeing as though our backline is getting older. I think Drum would add some welcome depth to our backline, as he and Gillies would be putting pressure on each other to perform in order to get the call up from the VFL to the AFL. Also by getting him this offseason (if possible) it would allow him to learn off our more mature players such as Scarlett and Milburn. If as stated earlier, that he is willing to come for not much cash, and Freo are willing to be reasonable with a trade, then I am all for it.

Re: Fire Sale

We swapped Prismall for pick 39, which we used for Steven Motlop. Who knows this could be a winner in the future!
I thought we did well actually. No doubt Prismall has talent, but something had to give, just like something else will have to give this year. We are a victim of our own success. It is a good problem to have I guess, but at the same time it's dissapointing to see your hard work get off loaded for next to nothing. King we got nothing for, but then he's done pretty much nothing since going to the Saints. Steven Motlop may be a real X-factor for us and if he's anything like his (brother?) Daniel, it may well have been a blessing in disguise.

Re: Fire Sale

I thought we did well actually. No doubt Prismall has talent, but something had to give, just like something else will have to give this year. We are a victim of our own success. It is a good problem to have I guess, but at the same time it's dissapointing to see your hard work get off loaded for next to nothing. King we got nothing for, but then he's done pretty much nothing since going to the Saints. Steven Motlop may be a real X-factor for us and if he's anything like his (brother?) Daniel, it may well have been a blessing in disguise.

lets hope hes more like daniel than shannon...:D

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2009 trade week discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back