Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be patient.
If we could acquire an alternative (i.e. Hooker or Pears) then we may be more receptive to offers.

Brown > St Kilda
Cripps + Pears/Hooker? > WCE
Stevens + Later pick > Essendon

StK: Cripps + Later pick -> Brown
WCE: Brown + Stevens -> Hooker/Pears + Cripps
Ess: Hooker/Pears -> Stevens + Later pick

?

If the Future Stars Draft was anything to go by, we should have at least 1 of Mason Shaw, Tom Clurey and Tanner Smith available at 24. It most likely won't happen and if it does I will do cartwheels in excitement.

Brown > St Kilda
Cripps + Pears/Hooker? > WCE
Stevens + Later pick > Essendon

StK: Cripps + Later pick -> Brown
WCE: Brown + Stevens -> Hooker/Pears + Cripps
Ess: Hooker/Pears -> Stevens + Later pick

?

you're on the right track but it looks like 2 down-grades to me. doubt the club would bite given they aren't at this stage obliged or even seeking to trade brown out or cripps in.

I've heard that West Coast are keen on Cripps. I dare say they would know more about him than anyone on BF that hasn't seen much of him in the past couple of years.

Theyve been linked to using 13 for GWS Mini Draft.
They'd need to throw in something else pretty tasty to get a mini draft pick with 13. Hell, if pick 13 + ? equaled a mini draft pick we could have a crack at it!

Where was the care for the individual when GC held Josh Caddy back last year? When Carlton forced Josh Kennedy to WC? When St Kilda forced Luke Ball into the draft?

The one thing I love about FA is the power slowly going back to the players.

Each party should be looking out for themselves. So WC are duty bound to look after their own interests.
And lets have a look at all those situations.. Josh Caddy held back when he wanted to leave, certain to leave this year now anyway. And we couldn't get a trade for Luke Ball so he opted to go in the draft.. The way i see it those 2 options are perfect examples of what could happen to Mitch Brown, so your argument has backfired

Isn't Pick 13 ours though?
Not officially. We don't have any pick for compensation yet, as we may still do something during the FA period that either enhances or reduces our compensation

We don't really know what pick we have until the FA period finishes (19th Oct I think)

I've heard that West Coast are keen on Cripps. I dare say they would know more about him than anyone on BF that hasn't seen much of him in the past couple of years.

his name was thrown around a bit before he got drafted and i was disappointed we didn't pick him at that time as he seemed then to be a bit more relevant to our needs (moreso than he does now, unless he is gonna be our next inside mid.)

in terms of a move back west, from everything i've heard it seems to be driven by the cripps camp rather than the eagles and i don't imagine they will give up a lot to make it happen, especially with eddie and the pies already giving us hell over wellingham.

i'm sure something equitable will be worked out for cripps.

And lets have a look at all those situations.. Josh Caddy held back when he wanted to leave, certain to leave this year now anyway. And we couldn't get a trade for Luke Ball so he opted to go in the draft.. The way i see it those 2 options are perfect examples of what could happen to Mitch Brown, so your argument has backfired
It's more likely than not that Mitch Brown will get to the Saints, as will Tom Hickey, West Coast are just posturing, as we can/will if we have to. Whatever happens with Caddy, you can rest assure that we will get a very good young player with pick 13, who I am tipping will be Caddy himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've seen of Pears and Delaney I don't think they would be any worse than Mitch Brown, possibly better, and they probably wouldn't cost us as much either.

Well I don't think this is entirely fair.
Pears is the best of them (when up and running).
Brown has been very good in the WAFL this year and would be a much better acquisition than Delaney.

Does Delaney have the size and strength to beat a Franklin or a Cloke 1 on 1? To me he seems more like a Gwilt and we have Gwilt and Dempster and Simpkin.
Failed on Buddy when he kicked 13 but no one could stop him that night. He kept Hawkins to 1 goal in a half then Tom Kicked 3 after HT. And he only played on Dawes when they played the Pies.

Does Delaney have the size and strength to beat a Franklin or a Cloke 1 on 1? To me he seems more like a Gwilt and we have Gwilt and Dempster and Simpkin.

From the highlights I saw of Delaney he beat Jonathan Brown or at least held his own against him.

I'm not sure Mitch Brown would beat the likes of Franklin or Cloke either, he might have performed well in the WAFL but he wasn't that impressive in the AFL games I've seen of him recently. I wouldn't be against us recruiting him but I don't think we should pay over the odds for him if there are other options around that are cheaper.

From the highlights I saw of Delaney he beat Jonathan Brown or at least held his own against him.

I'm not sure Mitch Brown would beat the likes of Franklin or Cloke either, he might have performed well in the WAFL but he wasn't that impressive in the AFL games I've seen of him recently. I wouldn't be against us recruiting him but I don't think we should pay over the odds for him if there are other options around that are cheaper.

brown is sllllloooowwwwwww. tom lee would tear him a new one.

In fairness, we don't want a whole heap for him.
We just want to keep him.

Fair enough and reasonable comments too. But you do need to consider that clubs are all now showing a more pragmatic attitude to players, who do not want to be there. As Collingwood found out this year, with the ongoing drama of Cloke on whether he would stay or go, it can be incredibly disruptive to a clubs season.

If Brown really does want to leave now, its better to get a comparable quality player (or possibly better in Cripps) than him going into the pre-season draft, at the end of next season, to any Victorian team, with no compensation to you at all.

The teams will work out a swap of players and / or picks, that value them at a similar rating.

Did well on Buddy kept him Goalless for three quarters (Brown).

Not too sure if this has been covered or not, or whether it goes in this thread, but since the Saints need another decent ruckman, is Mark Seaby worth looking at?

Also read in on the Superfooty website that Mitch Brown could be heading to the Saints, what's happening there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back