Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that West Coast dont want to trade Brown.
My big question is "Have they made us any other offer"? Its bullshit! Apparently Cripps is going to W Coast no matter what, but what have they offered?

Therein lies the problem. We've been stubborn in saying we don't want to trade Brown; you've been stubborn in saying that in order to get Cripps, Brown must be part of the deal.

I suspect Vosso would have probably offered Pick 44; the pick we got for Stevens. Pelchen (?) probably laughed it off.

Cripps and 25 might be the going offer; the AFL website seems to indicate that it may be. I'm beginning to lean towards the fact that it might happen. Going to be an interesting last half day! Thank God it's almost over.

Interesting point by saint3d on SS about this - fair call?

For want of a fair trade the full back was lost.
For want of a full back the match was lost.
For want of a match the ladder position was lost.
For want of a ladder position the double chance was lost.
For want of a double chance the final was lost.
For want of a final the premiership was lost.
And all for the want of a fair trade.
(a variation on the poem "For want of a nail"...)

Would think they'd look pretty silly if they turned down Cripps and 25, especially if he decided he still wants to leave in a year. Would really think that's too good to refuse for them.

No pleasing them if they turn down a deal like that. Well overs on what he's produced, and by far the best deal they're going to get for him. Would have to be sure he'll make it as the man down back after Glass goes to turn that deal down.

Interesting point by saint3d on SS about this - fair call?

(a variation on the poem "For want of a nail"...)

But what if we were gave up pick24 and the guy in the sliding doors parellel universe kicks the winning goal in a GF.
What if we recruit a full back and he's great till he get to finals and has a brainfade.
While we were worse in some ways without Dawson, in some ways we were better.

Funny about that , people thought i was full of spin!

Doesn't that article confirm that Brown's missus wont be playing for the Vixen's? (Given that his Cheesie is Shae Bolton)

The other thing is, I'm starting to think that Cripps has shown that he is not the kind of person we want at St Kilda anyway. Despite overwhelming support in the midst of his medical challenges (diabetes and compartment syndrome), he's sooked off home.

Getting him off our list may allow us to upgrade another player - say, Tom Curren, who has shown sterling character and determination. For all the boy Cripps' skill, give me men like Tom Curren in my team, any day.

The other thing is, I'm starting to think that Cripps has shown that he is not the kind of person we want at St Kilda anyway. Despite overwhelming support in the midst of his medical challenges (diabetes and compartment syndrome), he's sooked off home.

Getting him off our list may allow us to upgrade another player - say, Tom Curren, who has shown sterling character and determination. For all the boy Cripps' skill, give me men like Tom Curren in my team, any day.
Think you should lay off Cripps if you aren't fully aware of the reason he's going home

I know what you mean. But while Curran is a in and under mid, Cripps seems to be more of an outside midfielder who can find the goals. Think of a bigger faster version of Schnieder if you like ( except without Schniders uncanny ability to take a mark with four tall opponents standing next to him ).

Curren's attitude in contrast to Cripps' is outstanding. Despite winning sandy's B'n'F this year he was happy to spend his 3rd year at the club on the rookie list. Atleast he shows loyalty and knows we will repay the faith he has shown in us. Someone say future leader at the saints?

I know what you mean. But while Curran is a in and under mid, Cripps seems to be more of an outside midfielder who can find the goals. Think of a bigger faster version of Schnieder if you like ( except without Schniders uncanny ability to take a mark with four tall opponents standing next to him ).

Thing is, on balance, I think we're short an inside mid like Curren on our main list, and I actually think there are plenty of other players who we have that can take Cripps' spot without too much hassle (Milera immediately comes to mind).

Thing is, on balance, I think we're short an inside mid like Curren on our main list, and I actually think there are plenty of other players who we have that can take Cripps' spot without too much hassle (Milera immediately comes to mind).

i dont think cripps was ever going to be a bona fida midfielder. i dont think he was ever going to be good enough to go off HBF/BP. his best shot was FP like a schneider role. has to get the fitness up which given his attitude may never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you should lay off Cripps if you aren't fully aware of the reason he's going home

I'd love to be fully aware of why he's nominated only West Coast and not considering Fremantle.
It sort of undermines the whole "personal reasons " issue.

He seems to be having fun snorkelling and golfing etc. Not that I'm stalking or anything.
https://twitter.com/jcripps35

I'd love to be fully aware of why he's nominated only West Coast and not considering Fremantle.
It sort of undermines the whole "personal reasons " issue.

He seems to be having fun snorkelling and golfing etc. Not that I'm stalking or anything.
https://twitter.com/jcripps35
That I'm not aware of

What is the reason he is going home? I thought it was home sickness and he wanted to be with his partner.

Much more to it then that mate & before you ask im not going to post it.

Regardless of the reason for his return home, this could be the worst thing for his football development. West Coast are surplus in small forwards/mids and Cripps could find himself lingering in the WAFL for a number of years.
Remember that there weren't many games in the VFL over the past two years that would have warranted his selection in our side. Instead being rather lucky at times to get a call up. I hope he proves me wrong and develops into a nice player, but I don't see him given the same opportunites over there as what we gave him.
While I'd love him to stay, I feel he'll turn out the bigger loser out of any deal to WCE.

We're all saints fans here, just leave young Cripps alone on this forum, please don't assassinate his character anymore, not his fault west coast are not willing to straight trade Brown for him, when did they ever say they would?

Young Cripps has nothing but respect for STKFC from what i hear.

Let it all come to an end at 2pm 2mo. We can all then assess from there, no point arguing with WC supporters, they are just saying what we would say in reverse, and actually have been very balanced in responses.

We've done well so far, let's see what happens next.

Regardless of the reason for his return home, this could be the worst thing for his football development. West Coast are surplus in small forwards/mids and Cripps could find himself lingering in the WAFL for a number of years.
Remember that there weren't many games in the VFL over the past two years that would have warranted his selection in our side. Instead being rather lucky at times to get a call up. I hope he proves me wrong and develops into a nice player, but I don't see him given the same opportunites over there as what we gave him.
While I'd love him to stay, I feel he'll turn out the bigger loser out of any deal to WCE.

I don't disagree with that footymad, WC is a hard team to break into, but that's his decision. I am sorry to lose him, he had that uncanny knack of being where the ball was and also being in space. But his endurance would be a worry for any club and his run and delivery of the backline was dubious at times. But his potential is enormous - speed, instincts etc - i wish him well, like you, hope things go very well for him.

We're all saints fans here, just leave young Cripps alone on this forum, please don't assassinate his character anymore, not his fault west coast are not willing to straight trade Brown for him, when did they ever say they would?

Young Cripps has nothing but respect for STKFC from what i hear.

Let it all come to an end at 2pm 2mo. We can all then assess from there, no point arguing with WC supporters, they are just saying what we would say in reverse, and actually have been very balanced in responses.

We've done well so far, let's see what happens next.

Fair enough guys - no need to explain further.

Can you tell us though - why is Fremantle not an option for him? The only reason I can think of is Ross Lyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back