Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also we "guaranteed" Walsh a game in Rd 1 this year, but Walsh preferred the Swans "guarantee" & the $$$$$$..!

Now we're potentially paying overs for another FB in Brown..??

Let's be honest, our lack of a genuine tall/s down back really hurt us this year, we were exposed by the top 8 sides..imo
100% correct. We got smashed down back without a genuine sized full back. We need one desperately. Walsh was forward in IReland and hated playing down back. He saw opportunities up forward at Sydney, no Ross Lyon and plenty more $$$$$. Karma got him this year though. His game went nowhere. Perhaps the Saints got it right when they said he wasn't ready in 2011...

I know Jay Clark is a flog, But could this mean we'll get Brown? considering the rumours going around about the 3 way trade.

Jay Clark@ClarkyHeraldSun
Very good chance Cale Morton will land at Eagles tomoz. Jordan gysberts or pick 49 on table for Cam Pedersen. Cale Hooker maybe on move.

I'd be VERY surprised if he was delisted.
Perhaps keeping him in their back pocket to get the Brown deal over the line? He was told to improve his endurance and work harder at training and off the field. I like the kid though. Can kick both sides and knows how to find it. A knock is his tendency to turn it over but I think that is often a result of him over reaching and simply getting it and kicking it long. His lack of size is an issue and also the fact that he competes with Jack Steven for a position each week.

I know Jay Clark is a flog, But could this mean we'll get Brown? considering the rumours going around about the 3 way trade.

Jay Clark@ClarkyHeraldSun
Very good chance Cale Morton will land at Eagles tomoz. Jordan gysberts or pick 49 on table for Cam Pedersen. Cale Hooker maybe on move.
He probably read it on here.

lets see if this gets published.

the rumor about frawley was true, only problem was it was the wrong frawley. the truth is.....spud is coming out of retirement to fill the needed full back role. like fev, he has recently hired club appointed fitness advisers to get his fitness back up to the required level!!!

Phalic Baldwin @BenCuzzupe
RT@reCOGnise1'Expect saints or essendon to come to the party late with an early 20/30's pick." Good chance, very good chance.

if we throw up pick 46 or 47 along with pick 25 and cripps i swear i will throw up

what are you doing pelican..pelican staph

another way of looking at it:
OUT: pick 24 (2010), pick 25, pick 47
IN: pick 16 (2006)

i feel sick.

Would Dons see 46 and 47 as fair for Hooker? Because I would rather trade both those picks rather than 1 pick 25 or 26.
WCE would be the big winner in the trade, and the Saints the biggest loser. I know that the Pelican values these picks, but IMHO 25 and 26 cannot be touched. We need those picks to pick up some good draft talent.

WCE GAIN: Cripps, Hooker
WCE LOSE: Brown

STK LOSE: Cripps, 46, 47
STK GAIN: Brown

DONS LOSE: Hooker
DONS GAIN: 46, 47

Since North have apparently given up on Jacobs, Saints should let the Dons have a free hit at Jacobs provided they release Hooker to the Eagles.

Surely Port will take 35 or whatever Essendon have rather than just letting him waltz out for diddly squat.

Would Dons see 46 and 47 as fair for Hooker? Because I would rather trade both those picks rather than 1 pick 25 or 26.
WCE would be the big winner in the trade, and the Saints the biggest loser. I know that the Pelican values these picks, but IMHO 25 and 26 cannot be touched. We need those picks to pick up some good draft talent.

my opinion on brown aside. if were dead keen on getting him, i agree with everything you said.

losing picks 46/47 can be softened if we can get ray to melbourne for pick 49 or sylvia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if you've been to the Essendon board lately, but last I checked they were confident of getting 25/26 out of us for Hooker :rolleyes:

Absolutely delusional....

North arent getting much for Pederson. Maybe we should take anything we can get for Cripps (FFS have they offered anything apart from one lousy late pick)? and make a play for Pederson.
I like your thinking but he might not be tall enough. At 193 centimetres - he is 2-3 centimetres short of what Scott Watters wants. I don't know enough about the guy but not a bad Plan B at 100kgs.

Essendon fans wanting nothing less than pick 25 + 26 for Hooker and 35.. And West Coast want more than cripps + 25 for Brown....

Im seriosly thinking **** the both of them.. I'd rather keep those picks and get a Pederson or Joel Tippett or try prize out a hidden gem from either the VFL, SANFL or WAFL.

Essendon fans wanting nothing less than pick 25 + 26 for Hooker and 35.. And West Coast want more than cripps + 25 for Brown....

Im seriosly thinking **** the both of them.. I'd rather keep those picks and get a Pederson or Joel Tippett or try prize out a hidden gem from either the VFL, SANFL or WAFL.
It'll have nothing to do with the fans and what they want. It's the clubs. There supporters have no say at all. 25 or 26 for Hooker is ******ed. Pick 2526 maybe..

Adelaide: Daniel Talia
Brisbane: Daniel Merrett, Goose Maguire
Carlton: Lachie Hendersen, Watson coming through.
Collingwood: Nathan Brown, Ben Reid, Lachlan Keeffee.
Essendon: Hooker, Fletcher, Carlisle.
Fremantle: Zac Dawson..............
Geelong: Tom Lonergan
Gold Coast: Matthew Warnock + a few up and coming players.
GWS: Phil Daivs + some up and coming players.
Hawthorn: Ryan Shitmakers, Brian Lake.
Melbourne: Tom McDonald, James Frawley
North Melbourne: Scott Thompson, Delaney only 1cm off.
Port Adelaide: Jackson Trengove
Richmond: Troy Chaplin, Alex Rance only 1cm off
St Kilda:
Sydney: LRT is there only one.. Richards 193, Grundy 192
West Coast: Schofield, Mackenzie, Brown
Western Bulldogs: Tom Williams, Mark Austin, Jordan Roughead, Lucas Markovic few others.

Goose is 192 from memory. Regardless - I think they want a tall fullback because teams will play resting ruckman more and more this year. We handled the likes of Cloke ok - it was resting ruckman and Tippett that cut us to pieces because of their height.

Goose is 192 from memory. Regardless - I think they want a tall fullback because teams will play resting ruckman more and more this year. We handled the likes of Cloke ok - it was resting ruckman and Tippett that cut us to pieces because of their height.
He is to, I thought he was 196cm!!

Sorry to pick it up - I hate it when posters pick up on little things!. I only remember his stats because he was one of my favourite players at the club and I still hate the fact that Goose was shown the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back