List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think our 2nd and 4th would be enough?
Hell to the no. He was apparently widely considered worthy of a top 5 pick when he went to them through the F/S rule and has shown a heap at AFL level already.

He's the type (along with Sheil) who we perhaps ought to consider trading our first rounder for next year (either straight out, or in a package deal, like the Tyson trade) if it ends up being the "midfielders draft" some are saying it will be. Ideally we'll need to use our first rounder this year for someone that plays key position.

Gilbert + a pick > GC for compo pick
Something for GWS compo pick

And we have three picks inside the first round. :cool: (I'm dreaming a bit, don't think we have anyone that would attract either of those picks. Unless we give up Jack Steven, Billings, Acres, Dunstan, Roo, Joey perhaps which i'd like to think all are off the table).

I know everyone enjoys suggesting David Armitage as trade bait but personally i think he is a bit underrated by us on here, i think since he has been out we've really missed him. But my question here is we are pretty thin in the midfield already (I think anyway..) If Lenny hangs up the boots that's a massive loss, do we trade or do we keep him?

Personally if a team offered very good in return for him we'd take it, but if not he'll definitely remain. Also we plan on winning a premiership BY 2020, he would only be 31 in 2020.

I know everyone enjoys suggesting David Armitage as trade bait but personally i think he is a bit underrated by us on here, i think since he has been out we've really missed him. But my question here is we are pretty thin in the midfield already (I think anyway..) If Lenny hangs up the boots that's a massive loss, do we trade or do we keep him?

Personally if a team offered very good in return for him we'd take it, but if not he'll definitely remain.

Agree, if a good offer came (which I doubt it would, he's not an uncommon type of player) we should accept, but don't go shopping him around. We need all of our midfielders because we are lacking in that department.

Trading Armo would certainly weaken our midfield, but I'm not sure the club really cares at this point. It would just ensure we finish lower next year and get a really really high pick, possibly no.1, which could help us to get over his loss pretty bloody quickly, as would whoever we get for him in the trade. I'm thinking now that one of him and Joey will probably be gone.

I'm also now thinking that with the way Lenny is going, he surely goes on next year unless he is dead keen to retire? Surely the club would want him to go on desperately.

Speaking of Sydney and getting someone much cheaper than they would go if they went into the draft like most others (as they did with Mitchell), I note that Knightmare now has Isaac Heeney at no.3 in his "power rankings" and that that article on the AFL website a day or so ago said "some recruiters consider him the best midfielder in this year's draft", so Sydney may be able to get him dirt cheap, like they did Mitchell, with a pick like 18 (if they win the flag), because he is a part of their "academy". Then next year they could pick up Dunkley with a similar pick (around 18) and he is being spoken about as being good enough for a top 3 or 5 pick and they could then get two more who are part of their academy with their next two picks, despite them being so good they are also in the elite AIS squad.

Fair dinkum, when you combine all that shit with the bullshit COLA they have, they won't leave the top 8 for the forseeable future, after having barely been out of it for the past 15 years already. It's extraordinary how things are falling into their lap. They surely would be pissing themselves laughing.

Last edited:
Anyone we could shake loose from the Tigers after the wheels fall off their push for a flag?

ha ha... I said this about 50 pages ago: Get Jack. He will benefit from being in a winning team, great coach, and learn first hand from his cuz exactly what it takes to become on the of best forwards of all time

Josh Dunkley is a gun, a true jet, who would be in contention for the first pick if he wasn't F/S eligible. Worth noting that Brisbane get Dawson (gun) and Hammelmann in this draft, possibly along with Wright.

Josh Dunkley is a gun, a true jet, who would be in contention for the first pick if he wasn't F/S eligible. Worth noting that Brisbane get Dawson (gun) and Hammelmann in this draft, possibly along with Wright.
That F/S pick is up in the air though isn't it? because the way Sydney treated his father or something. I remember reading an article on it last year some time.

At least Gold Coast don't get free access to Lachie Weller, but still sucks those teams got gifted so much talent.. Ah well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That F/S pick is up in the air though isn't it? because the way Sydney treated his father or something. I remember reading an article on it last year some time.
His father was the one with the issue, Josh loves the club and was there in the rooms after their Grand Final win in 2012. Callum Mills (2015) the one no-one speaks about, but he's also a more than capable footballer who is in the Academy.

i'd happily trade and armo and gilbert if each one got a first rounder. i'll drive them to the airport myself.

i think were seeing growth from the likes of mav, ross and dunstan that means we can cover him. i'm also not convinced this should be lennys last year

maybe rookie cockie

Very interesting article about Tom Lamb.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-15/tom-lambs-story

SINCE he was 11, Tom Lamb has been picked up and driven to games of football every weekend by his grandfather, Ian Cooper.

Cooper, a blond-haired forward flanker and ruckman in St Kilda's 1966 premiership, has recently started letting Lamb take the wheel as the 17-year-old chalks up hours on his learner's licence, but the tradition continues.

"Sometimes we'll go past a ground and he'll say 'I kicked nine goals there one day'," Lamb told AFL.com.au.

Once they arrive, Cooper sits by himself on the wing and watches Lamb play. And no matter how the running and athletic draft prospect goes, the former Saint will shake his hand after a game and slip him a five-dollar note.

Man, he'd love to play for us. Do we think he'd last until our second rounder? 193cm, like our captain.

Since we have no luck with Father/Sons we deserve some type of rights for Lamb. :p Help us out Gil
I love Lambby he's already a favourite because of his connection. I hope we are setting up a Darling kind of situation with him. It would be good to get an early second round trade out to grab him.

Very interesting article about Tom Lamb.

Do we think he'd last until our second rounder? 193cm, like our captain.
I suspect something would have to go very awry for him to not be taken in the first dozen or so, given his attributes and the way he's been playing. Either that or his attitude would have to be really bad.

I think if you got out a tape measure you'd also find that Roo is more like 196cm now, too. Seen him from ground level a bunch of times in the past 18 months and he has been clearly taller than others he's supposed to be the same height as, or shorter than, when standing right next to them. We don't generally update anyone's height after their first year at the club and like plenty of others over the journey, I'd suggest he was still growing when we got him. Every chance that Lamb is still growing of course though.

I suspect something would have to go very awry for him to not be taken in the first dozen or so, given his attributes and the way he's been playing. Either that or his attitude would have to be really bad.

I think if you got out a tape measure you'd also find that Roo is more like 196cm now, too. Seen him from ground level a bunch of times in the past 18 months and he has been clearly taller than others he's supposed to be the same height as, or shorter than, when standing right next to them. We don't generally update anyone's height after their first year at the club and like plenty of others over the journey, I'd suggest he was still growing when we got him. Every chance that Lamb is still growing of course though.
I agree on the height, seems a heap of Height/Weight are incorrect on the Saints website. Rhys is 202 not 200, Bull surely isn't 78kg?? looks 88-90kg. White or Pierce one of them mentioned they were 92kg when they first joined neither are at that on the site.

Rhys, Markworth and Roo are three for starters that I'd be very happy to bet are taller than they are listed as. Apparently Goddard said earlier this year that he's 192cm (I'd heard 193cm previously), yet he's listed at 189cm and if Jordan Staley was 194cm in his 2nd year on our list I'm a monkey's uncle. He towered over the likes of Maister (also listed as 194cm) in the team photo and looked taller than Spencer White in a photo I took when they were side by side during the preseason before last. Our listings are a guide and that's about all. The chance that no-one on our list (especially the taller ones) has grown since arriving at the club is incredibly remote.

You only have to read opinion on here to see he sounds like a cross between Imelda Marcos and Hitler. When he's not got small kittens lined up to throttle them with hammers he's working out way he can eat peoples kidneys while their backs are turned. He has possibly got the worst attitude of any footballer ever according to some. That article sounds like he goes home with pop and has a icy pole after the footy then goes and does homework but according to some Hailybury booted him because he was one of the greatest a#@%holes ever. If there is going to be a talented slider Lamby could be it.

Luke Parker please recruiting team.

:D

About time everyone jumped on board the Luke Parker bandwagon! The kid is a star, been saying for years that he was one kid we should have tried to poach whilst he was still young and "unknown".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back