List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember but... did Melbourne offer us picks 2 and 3 for pick 1? Or was that for dangerfield...
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Even when it's done poorly.

When I heard that Roo had re-signed the other day I assumed that it meant they would take McCartin. This gives him 2 or 3 years under Roo and by which stage I'd expect McCartin to be our no1 target inside 50. If we manage to get another of our forwards to start kicking bags in that time (Lee for example) our forward line and midfield will be pretty set. Just a matter of sorting out a solid back 6 then.

Also hoping that we manage to snare Tom Lamb at 21/22 could become a solid swingman.

Negative. It was reported in the media, however Roos publicly stated we wouldn't trade picks 2 and 3 for a player.

We wanted to trade Trengove for pick 12, which we would have packaged up with 3 if there were any takers, but that wasn't to be.
Only cause he failed the medical at Richmond yeh?

Don't think it really has been a meltdown. I think it has reinvigorated the debate and has given us all something to obsess about.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Should be good whichever way we go.

if it is McCartin, really 21 and 22 will be very very interesting

Personally I prefer the reasoned debate that we had prior to the McCartin bombshell. It got all very Saintsational here for a while. In fact I had a quick look over there & their McCartin thread hadn't gone as nuclear as this had (except for some lunatic called Bunk Moreland who totally lost his sh1t ;-))

You're spot on re 21 & 22. Personally I hope we don't take an inside mid like ANB & I'm very unsure about Lamb. Like everyone, I hope we get lucky with a slider or two. 26 hours to go!

With regards to the rookie draft I thinknwe will take the best two kids available and two of Petrenko, McKernan and Taylor (4 rookie spots available)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralph and Landsberger in the Hun now have us taking:
#1: McCartin
#21: R.McKenzie
#22: Neal-Bullen

I officially give up. ****ed if I know who we'll take!

Personally I prefer the reasoned debate that we had prior to the McCartin bombshell. It got all very Saintsational here for a while. In fact I had a quick look over there & their McCartin thread hadn't gone as nuclear as this had (except for some lunatic called Bunk Moreland who totally lost his sh1t ;-))

That Bunk_Moreland bloke over at SS really knows his stuff. Rarely disagree with anything he posts.

Good article in the Age

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tradin...ational-draft-first-pick-20141126-11u8bh.html

like this part especially

"...McCartin has more than one way to find the ball and kick goals, he is an exceptional grab who has impressed with the intelligent leading patterns he runs as a forward. He is more than just a goal-square forward – he can play centre half-forward and get up and down the ground..."

This is definitely not what we have been led to believe. If true, I feel much more comfortable about his selection

I wonder if Reece McSpudzie could be one of those players drafted as a forward and if he doesn't work out up there moves to the back line & makes a name for himself?

With regards to the rookie draft I thinknwe will take the best two kids available and two of Petrenko, McKernan and Taylor (4 rookie spots available)
Dees might take McKernan as we took Paddy??

I wonder if Reece McSpudzie could be one of those players drafted as a forward and if he doesn't work out up there moves to the back line & makes a name for himself?
Could live with that...

Ralph and Landsberger in the Hun now have us taking:
#1: McCartin
#21: R.McKenzie
#22: Neal-Bullen

I officially give up. ****** if I know who we'll take!

Just a minor thing but I'll watch with interest whether Petracca goes 2 or 3. Ralph and Hamburger and Twomey all have Petracca going 3.

Pick 1: Patrick McFartin
Pick 21: Reece McSpudzie
Pick 22: Lachie Speller
Pick 41: Touk the champ Miller/Jack Slonie

Pick 1: Patrick McFartin
Pick 21: Reece McSpudzie
Pick 22: Lachie Speller
Pick 41: Touk the champ Miller/Jack Slonie
Do you think Touk Miller will still be available at pick 41?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back