List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Sheahan reported the Freo admin was really angry he didn't take the initial offer.
Reckon he has been told to pull his head in by Admin and get the deal done.

Would say Young was given the same message and that's why he hasn't voiced an opinion.

Freo would know exactly Youngs position and the consequences for them going forward if they **** this up.

Agree. Young doesn't need to comment so long as he is confident it'll get done. Doing so might just throw petrol on the bonfire.

If Bellend continues to be a bellend then things might change on that front.

Lol Hills made it clear he wants to be in Melbourne. His partner has moved here in expectation of being based in Melbourne closer to friends and family.
Last time I checked Geelong isn’t in Melbourne.
It is when Geelong want it to be like their BnF

Every year we see similar stories about other clubs swooping on players that have nominated a club. It never eventuates. There is even stories that Papley won’t get to Carlton but instead will get to another Melbourne club. It’s BS click bait. Papley will get to Carlton & Hill with get to St Kilda. Loving the Freo fans frothing at the mouth though.
Like Carlton were supposedly 'favourites' to land Shiel after he nominated essendon....

Cats and Dogs are clearly trying to make the most of our predicament. As I said a few days ago we need to maintain control of those trades by getting our other business done first. If this mooted 4 way trade hinges on the Daniher deal, that worries me. I'd be trying to do a deal with the Lions for their 16 and 21.

I don’t understand you post Dr! Hill has publicly nominated us. Shiel held out then nominated Essendon....where he eventually got to.
last couple days of trade period last year people were saying that Shiel would go to Carlton because Essendon couldn't get the deal done, after he publicly nominated essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Geelong have any interest in Carlisle? I know they have Stewart who is a star, but apart from an aging Taylor do they have other KPD options?

I feel that he is the one we should be trying to move on. We will either be playing him in his preferred interception role and stifling Battles development or underutilizing him as a key forward, when tbh we could probably get Jenkins for free to play that role better.

If we could trade Steven, Carlisle and our future 2nd for Pick 37 and their future first it would really open up some options.

Could do...

Trade 1:
Steven, Carlisle and 2020 2nd for Pick 37 and 2020 1st

Trade 2:
Bruce and Pick 18 for Pick 13 and Pick 32

Trade 3:
Pick 32 for Z.Jones

Trade 4:
2020 4th for Butler

Trade 5:
Pick 12, Pick 13 and 2020 3rd for Howard, Ryder, Pick 10 and 2020 2nd

Trade 6:
Pick 10, Pick 37 and Geelong's 2020 1st for Hill (basically the same deal as original offer but they now get to say they got their 2 first rounders)

2020 Best 22:

FB: Wilkie Howard Geary
HB: Savage Battle Webster
C: Clark Ross Hill
HF: Gresham King Billings
FF: Membrey Ryder Butler
R: Marshall Hannebery Steele
I/C: Coffield Jones Dunstan Acres
*Roberton as the bonus if he comes good.

Honestly don't see any of those deals being unreasonable and would leave us with our 2020 1st and Ports 2020 2nd to build an offer for Bing around.

I just can't imagine a team pulling off so many trades in a single period. Wonder what the record is for one club.
2 1sts and a 2nd for Hill. F that

Cats and Dogs are clearly trying to make the most of our predicament. As I said a few days ago we need to maintain control of those trades by getting our other business done first. If this mooted 4 way trade hinges on the Daniher deal, that worries me. I'd be trying to do a deal with the Lions for their 16 and 21.
For our 12 and 18 (and another good pick from them) or for 12?

last couple days of trade period last year people were saying that Shiel would go to Carlton because Essendon couldn't get the deal done, after he publicly nominated essendon

Rumours? That’s totally different. Shiel never publicly nominated ANY other club only Ess. Yes, he took his time to nominate a club however once he made his decision he stuck with it & went to that club.

There's no doubt the new regime from the Prez down has greatly improved our marketability. The BF jury is still out on Gallagher but interestingly Stephen Wells gave him a good wrap the other day.
I just read a small article in the Herald Sun about the off field staff at the Saints and Gallagher was given a good wrap.

2 1sts and a 2nd for Hill. F that

It's not how much I would want to pay. However we apparently already offered pick 6 and a future second.

We would have obtained both those first round picks through splitting pick 6 and the future second is replaced by a 2019 second

For all intents and purposes we are paying the same as we initially offered so we were obviously happy to pay that price. Fremantle can also come away beating their chest that they got the two first round picks they were after.

It is similar to the Carlisle situation. We stood firm that we wouldn't give up pick 5 for him and we wanted a first back if we added our second rounder. Ended up becoming quite convulted and a third club needed to become involved but at the end of the day we lost pick 5 and our second rounder and got Carlisle and a first round pick back.

If we think we are going to get Hill for significantly less than we originally offered we are kidding ourselves on.

Just wanted to go into bat for Dan Butler.

He's been out of favour at Richmond for 12 months but I think he's unlucky not to have had more opportunities in 2019. He could well have been a 2-time premiership player, given his VFL form. His finishing is far better than Costagna, however I think the Richmond match committee favoured Costagna's pressure, tackling, ability to win his own ball.

The knock on Dan is that he can have quiet periods and struggles to impact on games consistently. He can also appear 'lackadaisical' at times. He's got a bit of the Mark Waugh's about him - making the hard look easy, but looking like he doesn't give a sh*t at times. Dan will also prefer the expanses of the MCG to the narrower pockets of Docklands, so may come into his own if/when the Saints play finals. He certainly has proved himself on the big stage, kicking the sealer in both the Preliminary Final v.'s GWS, and the Grand Final v.'s Adelaide.

The upside is that he is an elite finisher. He kicked some crucial goals in 2017 (all up he kicked 30 goals in his first AFL season), and his overall tally of 53 goals 28 behinds is pretty good given that he's often tucked away in pockets and kicking snap goals.

Two of my favourite highlights from Butler came in Round 1, 2018 against Carlton. His goals at 3.03 and 4.53 are great examples of what I'm talking about.

I really hope Dan gets to the Saints because with Rioli, Costagna, Stack and Higgins, he's probably been squeezed out at Richmond (although I would rate him ahead of at least two of those blokes).

This guy is a serious talent and at 23 years old, his best footy is still 2-3 years off, which should coincide with St Kilda pushing Top-4.

Hope he makes it!

Lol Hills made it clear he wants to be in Melbourne. His partner has moved here in expectation of being based in Melbourne closer to friends and family.
Last time I checked Geelong isn’t in Melbourne.
Yeah, if he comes he’s only going one place 👍🏻

UNC0cXX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back