List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Bing's off the table, offer them 12 & future 1st in exchange for Hill & 22, use 18 for Howard & Ryder, split 22 and use the better one on Zac Jones & the other on Butler.

What if Lethers knew for ages that Bing was going to re-sign and just made up the whole "romance, bring back Bing" story to try and make Peter Bell sweat a bit and create a media shitstorm? That would've been an interesting move tbh
If that was the case, then the announcement couldn't have come at a worse time.

Anyways Bruce is crucial now to either staying with us or prying out the dogs pick 13.

What if Lethers knew for ages that Bing was going to re-sign and just made up the whole "romance, bring back Bing" story to try and make Peter Bell sweat a bit and create a media shitstorm? That would've been an interesting move tbh
Saturday night. AFL did it mid trade period so we couldn't counter.
We couldn't get within 500k of the AFL offer.

I agree with you and would personally keep Bruce now but you’d think the club would have known for a while that Bing was going to re-sign which makes me think they’re willing to trade Bruce out anyway.
I'd say the main reason is that we're committed to Ryder and wouldn't be able to fit in all of Roma, Ryder, Bruce, King and Skunk.

If we trade Bruce we need to get no injuries from the other 4.

Not now, we are all in on him and just have to hope like hell he's the elite player that the club thinks he is. The alternative is too horrible to contemplate.

What makes u think hes work pick 1,2 and a future second? Suns 1 and 2 are off the table.

These
Saturday night. AFL did it mid trade period so we couldn't counter.
We couldn't get within 500k of the AFL offer.
How the hell do you know that?

An absolute buttload of father-sons/academy picks/NGA etc.

Apparently 17 of the ones who played in the U17's exhibition game recently are tied to clubs.

Yeah our pick in the top 4 could literally blow out to around 20 to 24 if the academy and FS picks come out. It's ****ing ridiculous. Those not involved get to pick gnawed chicken bones out of the bin.

These

How the hell do you know that?
I just do. I know what GC are paying and what the AFL are giving him p.a as an 'Ambassador'.

I know when it went down and also it completely blindsided our admin who thought 100% he would come after next season.

I am no ITK BTW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, is that an exaggeration or could we really see a potentially high pick drop that low?

I just do. I know what GC are paying and what the AFL are giving him p.a as an 'Ambassador'.

I know when it went down and also it completely blindsided our admin who thought 100% he would come after next season.

I am no ITK BTW.

That sucks :(

How is next years draft going to be more compromised than this years?

Next Generation Academy players -
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (Western Bulldogs)*
Brandon Walker and Joel Western (Fremantle)*
Connor Downie (Hawthorn)*
Reef McInnes (Collingwood)*
Lachlan Jones (Port Adelaide)*
James Borlase (Adelaide)*
Cody Brand (Essendon)*
Ethan Baxter (Richmond)
Deakyn Smith and Kobi George (Melbourne)*

NSW/QLD Academy players -
Alex Davies (Gold Coast)*
Errol Gulden and Braedon Campbell (Sydney)*
Blake Coleman, Carter Michael and Saxon Crozier (Brisbane)*
Joshua Green (GWS)*

Father Son players -
Taj Schofield (Port Adelaide)
Luke Edwards (Adelaide)

*Indicates this player was selected in the AFL/AIS All Star game in 2019.

17 of the 48 best kids in the country selected for the All Star game are prelisted to AFL clubs already. Normally we only see around 60 players drafted across the national and rookie drafts. This means that in 2020, around 1/3 of players that currently look like being selected, will be players that fall under the bidding system.

This is on top of a few notable recruiters already talking down the overall quality of what is left.

Teams are going to want to bring some elite mathematicians in over the next few months I rekon. Going to need to work out every possible permutation in regards to points.

Last edited:
Giving up next year's 1st in any form for Hill would be a f.ing disaster. Can't believe half of you in here are on board with that..
Can someone explain to me why it would be a disaster though. This club has been so ****ing conservative since the 5 year plan at some point we need to make some moves. We used two first rounders in 2017, took elite talent last year, will be bringing some in this year if we land Hill. Why is having our first rounder next year, in the most compromised draft in history, so important?

Yeah our pick in the top 4 could literally blow out to around 20 to 24 if the academy and FS picks come out. It's ******* ridiculous. Those not involved get to pick gnawed chicken bones out of the bin.
If we didn't finish bottom 4 this year I don't see us likely to next year, if we add Hill, Jones, Howard, Ryder, King, Butler, perhaps Robbo and Bytel, hopefully a much fitter Carlisle and Hannebery and only really at the expense of Bruce at this stage.

We could be a much better team. Much.

there has litterally been 3 trades this period so far one involving us ... calm down and wait for it all to play out ... theres a lot hinging on one or to player changes once that falls then in a flurry we will see trades happen

Mate I'm calm, when I say that I've seen nothing to fill me with confidence in Leathers and Gallagher I'm not saying they've shit the bed, I'm just saying that they haven't done anything yet. If they land all 5 for a reasonable price things will change, I just don't get why people are celebrating our team like they're the best in the business when they have yet to achieve anything.

Yeah and neither has trading players. I bet Hawthorn really regret moving heaven and earth for O'Meara now, he's only the 2nd best player on their list behind a brownlow medallist.

Trading for Hill quality makes sense. Not so sure buying up GOPs on masse is a great strategy long term. You are paying with draft picks and overs in salary to get them in. A good diversified strategy is ideal. The Hawks draft very well with the picks they do get. Worpol, Hardwick and Mitchell Lewis wouldn't have cost a pick under 40, all are good developing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back