List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep could very well be later than 58 but irrespective, he will be a 5min trade. No worry on him not getting over the line.

Bruce for 32 seems likely, we are close with Dogs now in getting a deal done. I hope Acres takes the piss out of the medical so we can just give Freo next years 2nd, Jones for 32, and Acres stays.

what if its:
Pick 10 + Acres + Pick 32
for Hill + Pick 79

I can't see it just being pick 32 for Bruce. We have been strong all along that that would be enough for him and we expect a fair trade to struck between the clubs. 32 for him is not fair value.
I agree but with a day left I can't see what else they've got up their sleeve.

I think the deal was done, Port receive 12, 18 and change. We got Ryder Dougal and Pick 10. Pick 10 And a future 2nd to Freo for Hill. Reckon this was agreed upon. But on the bases we got a pick in the 30s for Steven. To get Jones, when we received pick 59 things changed. So now Pick 10 And Acres to Freo. Hill to Saints, Pick 59 for Butler, and a future 2nd for Jones. Only speculating of course.
Ah it was you! I think you're pretty close mate.

That’s fine but you don’t have players you traded for in the seconds. Certainly not early. And you don’t have a player another club wants in the seconds. Neither player gets any motivation out of that.
you do if form dictates that .... the trade is done or not done once the guys come back from break what happened before in the trade period counts for nothing the players train and work to get their spot in the best 22 if Ryder or Bruce dont push their cause to Ratts to get the spot neither play or if both do the work to slot themselves in the best 22 then they do play ....
competition for spots is a good thing not a bad thing

I'm not sure why 10 and Acres wouldn't be enough. They've stuffed us around enough I reckon.

Geelong will give us 58 for Stuv and it's likely that goes to Richmond for Butler.

If Acres is part of tomorrow's deal then we deal 2020 2nd for Jones.

If Acres stays put, we give Fremantle the 2020 2nd. This is what I'm thinking.

Now to weigh up what is worth more - a future 2nd or Blake Acres.

surely acres value is not that far behind jones. like if jones is worth a mid 2nd rounder. acres would be no worse than mid 3rd.

actually maybe the same given acres is contracted?

Fremantle will announce, tomorrow before lunch time, that they have decided to walk away from the Brad Hill trade if Bell's demands are not met beforehand. At that point there will be no further communication between Fremantle and Saint Kilda until after the trade period has ended. Fremantle will shift the entirety of its focus onto other targets.

That's fair enough.
I look forward to watching Brad Hill winning the Sandover Medal next season.

Even if he does nothing else, King will get hands to the ball first on most occasions. That'll do nicely.

I reckon Ryder will do most of the centre bounce work and Roma more around the ground. I don't reckon Ryder's done, I think he was jaded in the environment at Port and it appears a fair few others were too.

Assuming we finish the Hill deal and get in Jones, we're cooking with gas.

Where would Bruce fit in unless there were injuries?

How often do 2m+ KPFs play all 22 games in their debut season?

What if he doesn't get first hands to the ball because he's constantly outbodied.

I get the long term strategy but I think it would be better for our short term performance and king's long term development to hang onto Bruce, especially if we would get the same return next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they did. Does any bottom side do that and then become a good side. By the way we don’t have Martin Cotchin Lynch and reiwoldt.
Got it - so its follow Richmond structures if they win and you like their setup (2017) and then don't follow them if the win and you don't like the setup (2019). OK.

you do if form dictates that .... the trade is done or not done once the guys come back from break what happened before in the trade period counts for nothing the players train and work to get their spot in the best 22 if Ryder or Bruce dont push their cause to Ratts to get the spot neither play or if both do the work to slot themselves in the best 22 then they do play ....
competition for spots is a good thing not a bad thing
Not relevant anyway as we are getting rid of Bruce. I’m guessing because they don’t want value in the seconds. Competition for spots is great among young kids. It’s completely de motivating for older players.

I think we have lost acres next years second and 10. What comes back is the question

If that’s the deal from our end we definitely need something decent back. At least something we could turn into Jones.

what if its:
Pick 10 + Acres + Pick 32
for Hill + Pick 79
So we would lose

10, Acres, 32, and 2020 2nd

and gain

Hill, 79 (Butler I assume), Jones

I reckon it's too much personally.

We aren't going to use 58 on the draft anyway, may aswell just send it for Butler.

Ideally I would like to give Fremantle pick 10 and next years second. And that's it. Bruce pick goes to Sydney for Jones, we keep next years second. Butler goes for 58 or 76 if we still have it, I've lost track lol.

Fremantle have asked for way too much this entire week and a half. We generally get deals done without issue. We offered a deal initially that the entire industry thought was fair and they stupidly declined it. Now they are still contemplating whether or not to take our 2nd offer. It's almost been worse than Dodoro and Carlisle.

So we would lose

10, Acres, 32, and 2020 2nd

and gain

Hill, 79 (Butler I assume), Jones

I reckon it's too much personally.

We aren't going to use 58 on the draft anyway, may aswell just send it for Butler.

Ideally I would like to give Fremantle pick 10 and next years second. And that's it. Bruce pick goes to Sydney for Jones, we keep next years second. Butler goes for 58 or 76 if we still have it, I've lost track lol.

Fremantle have asked for way too much this entire week and a half. We generally get deals done without issue. We offered a deal initially that the entire industry thought was fair and they stupidly declined it. Now they are still contemplating whether or not to take our 2nd offer. It's almost been worse than Dodoro and Carlisle.

no we would keep the 2020 2nd. so purely 10 + Acres + Bruce (pick 32)

so essentially Pick 6 + Acres + Bruce for Hill, Howard, Ryder

jones we could do if we get a future 2nd for bruce as well. keeping the future 2nd in play next year.

Fremantle will announce, tomorrow before lunch time, that they have decided to walk away from the Brad Hill trade if Bell's demands are not met beforehand. At that point there will be no further communication between Fremantle and Saint Kilda until after the trade period has ended. Fremantle will shift the entirety of its focus onto other targets.
Great news - remind me again how many Freo players are managed by Colin Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back