List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. McLean is BOG average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure about that. He struggled this year when they tried to turn him into a small forward but he's been pretty bloody good for them up until then.

He'd get a lot more midfield time at the Saints..

What don't you like about him?

Can someone please explain why we would be paying any part of JS's salary? How on earth is that justifiable?

It’s not really if the pick we get is going straight to Sydney for Jones.

If we wanted an earlier pick to take the the draft or needed it for a trade then you’d consider paying a % of Stuv contract & getting a better pick.

It doesn’t sound like we need it so Geelong are shit outta luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paddy McCARTIN would be perfect .Nothing wrong with him .
2 top 10 picks no problems ,everything is fine DILDO.
Get Molly Meldrum to write him a medical reference. It's only fair for their due diligence. Maybe get Warney to write up a personal guarantee that he will never have a problem. It's only fair.

He would be a better get then Gray & Butler put together IMO

Would avg 25 touches playing full time mid - have a look at 2018 stats when Bevo played him there before Libba & Dunkley Winmar2Lockett
His stats as a forward are underwhelming and he wouldnt fit that traditional standard small forward role Gray or Butler would be filling.

And the key stats from when he played in the midfield are not dissimilar to what Dunstan achieved this year and since Dunstan would widely be considered our last midfielder picked, especially with who we have already committed to bring in, we just don't have a need for another player like him.

Well you must be happy getting 32. I’m not happy with that pick. Seems just better than average to me but we all see games differently especially when they are leaving.
Just because I think he's overrated doesn't mean I'll be satisfied with a poor pick. Dogs rate him and have offered him a good contract, I want pick 13 with something going back.

I am paying Collingwood to take him off our books. Old "iron hands" tries hard but he is just a "trier".

I thought he looked pretty promising early on. I don't know why he didn't get more games. He was an outside player when we needed one and never gave him more games. His VFL form was pretty ordinary though so probably didn't earn it.

Am I the only one who couldn’t care less if we pay some of Stuvs wage next year?

Will have 0 affect on us and gets this out of the way for a fair pick, if still unders.

This kind of thing has happened in the past and frankly it’s the AFLs fault for allowing it fall outside of Geelongs cap or they wouldn’t have suggested it as a compromise.

I think we're all happy with one of the following:

A fair price (considering his issues) and they pay his full salary

Or

A better pick for us and we'll pay half.

I don't think pick 33 justifies us paying overs.

We are doing Steven a favour by letting him leave, we are doing him a favour by dealing only with his nominated club and we are doing all this for an average pick. To then have to pay half his salary is an insult tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am perplexed that a number of posters are talking about being fair in the Bruce trade. He is a contracted player. Another club has offered a four year deal on good money. At this point in time we do NOT have a ready made replacement. The only player who is a genuine forward has played zero games. We do not need to accommodate the bulldogs; we do not need to be fair. They clearly value him so they will have to meet our asking price. 13 last year or next year might be overs but not this year. There are no alternatives. I cannot see who else is getable. No one in this years draft is ready made key forward. The bulldogs with a few key additions are serious contenders. It's not st. kilda's task to give them a hand. Personally I would wait to se what happens with Cox and Daniher. Suddenly Collingwood might come to the table and even essendon. If methedon get two first rounders for the later, Bruce would be a steal at 13.

If the reports are true that Geelong are getting 14, 24 and 2020 first rounder for Kelly then we should be going for that 24.
14, 2020 first and Steven for Kelly is a pretty damn good return.

1. Trade Bruce and 24 to dogs for 13 and 32.

2. 6 to Dockers for Hill and 26

3. 26 to Sydney for Jones

In Hill, Jones, 13 & 32
Out 6, Steven & Bruce

Just because I think he's overrated doesn't mean I'll be satisfied with a poor pick. Dogs rate him and have offered him a good contract, I want pick 13 with something going back.
I think it will be a bit going back because low 20’s seems about what the club think based on leathlean. I still find it strange that you think he is overrated but expect that pick.

What has Long ever done to achieve this inflated reputation amongst St Kilda supporters? He is currently a very average AFL player, and after 30 games has shown nothing to suggest he will make it.

If others love and rate him, then I'd trade. GOP at best.

F@k I hate Joey! Pick 32 for Bruce is worth it and at least pick 6 for Brad Hill. Are we the only club that our former players don't stick up for in the media??

Probably very conscious of not appearing biased. Others don't seem to try as hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back