Gaz junior?
What did we get for dal?

Oh but he is contracted
and?
Does that really matter anymore?

C'mon man
Pick 12 is ample
Pick 6 was 'start the ****ing car

Have to agree to disagree then. Many times over the last few years when the team has struggled he is the one player who keeps lifting. You say he has lost us games and i think that is really harsh seeing as he is punching above his weight as a 188cm CHF. How many games has he kept us in it or helped uys win? Without him we wouldn't even have a forward line.

Of note, i'm a huge fan so maybe i am biased writing this.
Membrey is a star.. for a 188cm bloke to kick 40 goals consistently, he is J. Gunstan, J. Darling level... with better delivery, he will get better too.

Agree. I’d consider trading pick 12 for a future 1st with Geelong & load up on Bing in 2020. Pick 12 & Steven for pick 24 & future first...
Wow. Hadn't thought of that option.

I'd prefer that if the Hill deal falls through to do 12 and future 1st for Bing. But your pption still sets us up for Bing next year. Either way imo.

Luke Dunstan would be my captain if he was marginally a better player that played 22 games a season.

Campaigner shows as much emotion as the rest of the team combined, tough as nails and have never seen him pull out of a challenge.

Unfortunately for him you need to be a star to remain in the midfield week in week out but if he was a half back flanker similar to the Webster role he'd be my pick.

Hopefully he stays a Saint for life and Ratten has a plan for him.

HUN has an article cats might make a play for hill with menegola. It’s a bit of a non article to be honest.

Daniher is apparently worth 2 top 10 picks. If Bing has a considerable consistent season.

Well, he’s worth it to Dodo at least. Plus a player, don’t forget!
Long way to go. Can’t see that happening for a forward with OP who’s played 11 games in two years.
This is all getting extremely unrealistic and out of hand.

HUN has an article cats might make a play for hill with menegola. It’s a bit of a non article to be honest.

They can’t afford to pay Stuv’s salary, how’re they going to afford Hill?

Last edited:
Geelong midfielder Sam Menegola has emerged as a potential left-field saviour to the stalled Bradley Hill deal, with Fremantle interested in the player it delisted five years ago.
While Hill is considered most likely to be at St Kilda come the end of the trade period, the Cats are understood to have moved into the frame as a contingency club in the wake of a breakdown in negotiations between the Dockers and Saints this week.
It is expected Geelong would have to shed a player to provide for Hill’s hefty wage demands.

Stream over 50 sports Live & On-Demand with KAYO SPORTS on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >
Could Sam Menegola be traded to Fremantle? Picture: Michael Klein
St Kilda stunned Fremantle on Thursday when they split their prized pick No.6, which the Dockers had wanted as part of a deal to release the contracted Hill.
MORE IN SPORT
Trade period done deals promo.

State of play: Which deals will get done?

[IMG alt="Michael Hill of Essendon batting during Premier Cricket: Essendon v Greenvale Kangaroos on Saturday, October 12, 2019, in Essendon, Victoria, Australia.

Picture: Hamish Blair"]https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/thumbnail/b5cd72751d2d8f13a1ae90cca57a319d[/IMG]
Hill century inspires Essendon romp

similars

Menegola, 27, could return to Fremantle even if Hill gets his wish to move to the Saints on a long-term deal where he would receive a significant pay rise.
Menegola would give the Dockers a much-needed hard-running wing option in the wake of Ed Langdon’s departure to Melbourne and the expected loss of Hill.
Menegola has a year remaining on his contract and is happy at Geelong. But he could expect more security as well as a pay rise if he joined Fremantle

Geelong midfielder Sam Menegola has emerged as a potential left-field saviour to the stalled Bradley Hill deal, with Fremantle interested in the player it delisted five years ago.
While Hill is considered most likely to be at St Kilda come the end of the trade period, the Cats are understood to have moved into the frame as a contingency club in the wake of a breakdown in negotiations between the Dockers and Saints this week.
It is expected Geelong would have to shed a player to provide for Hill’s hefty wage demands.

Stream over 50 sports Live & On-Demand with KAYO SPORTS on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >
St Kilda stunned Fremantle on Thursday when they split their prized pick No.6, which the Dockers had wanted as part of a deal to release the contracted Hill.
MORE IN SPORT

[IMG alt="Michael Hill of Essendon batting during Premier Cricket: Essendon v Greenvale Kangaroos on Saturday, October 12, 2019, in Essendon, Victoria, Australia.

Picture: Hamish Blair"]https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/thumbnail/b5cd72751d2d8f13a1ae90cca57a319d[/IMG]

similars

Menegola, 27, could return to Fremantle even if Hill gets his wish to move to the Saints on a long-term deal where he would receive a significant pay rise.
Menegola would give the Dockers a much-needed hard-running wing option in the wake of Ed Langdon’s departure to Melbourne and the expected loss of Hill.
Menegola has a year remaining on his contract and is happy at Geelong. But he could expect more security as well as a pay rise if he joined Fremantle
Or 3 way trade. They get jack freo get 12 and menegola and the Steven pick and we get Hill

All these hypothetical trades is doing my head in!
I can't keep up dammit!

All i know, is that for all the chest beating and strutting we are doing
If we don't bring in either Hill or Bing this year
I will be left feeling underwhelmed and a little cheated with the otherwise
Assortment of average to meh talent!

Our trade haul needs to be all about quality not quantity!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m thinking it’s a forgone conclusion that whatever we get for Steven is packaged for Hill.

18 - Ryder, Howard
Bruce - Jones
76 - Butler

I’m going to have a stab in the dark & say our package of picks we offer for Hill will be 12, Stuv pick, future 2nd for future 3rd & Hill.
You may be right.
My Steven analogy was simply to demonstrate how easily we might attain that 2020 2nd while still achieving the five trades.
However the point remains: we will not get Bing if we do not have the capital to satisfy GC.
At a minimum you would expect that includes one frdp from the current year (whether 2019 or 2020).
Playing funny buggers, with multiple seconds or future firsts, will not only complicate matters but will place any offer we put forward at a competitive disadvantage.
Stupidity would be not realising that every Melbourne club is going to have a crack at him next year.
And from Bing’s perspective, getting back to Melbourne in 2021 will be the primary goal.
Playing with his twin in 2021 may be the happy consequence, but it’d be foolish to assume the two are absolutely interlocked.
So:
That traded in 2020 2rdp will indicate either a deal for Bing in 2019 or, more probably, a want to maximise our pick flexibility in 2020.

Geelong are interested in trading up the ladder, I'd personally offer them 18 & Jack Steven (paying some of his contract) for 24, 36 & 37. It'd be a compromise, points wise we'd be getting 37 & half of 36 for Jack Steven and giving Geelong what they want (going up the ladder).
I don't think Geelong does that. It values Steven way too high if you look it at from a points basis. It values Steven at pick 24. Why would Geelong do that if they are reluctant to trade 37 for Steven.

I don't think Geelong does that. It values Steven way too high if you look it at from a points basis. It values Steven at pick 24. Why would Geelong do that if they are reluctant to trade 37 for Steven.

I agree, I thought the same thing so I added our future 3rd to the hypothetical trade to make it more appealing. I posted that on the Geelong board for opinions and there are a few opinions both ways as to whether it would be worth it for you or not.

Geelong delisting Jordan Cunico is only 23. Was out all year with an ankle reconstruction.

supercoach

Scores of 109, 89, 83, 122, 84 and 95 from his 15 career games. Should be looking at him with our pick 76.

Saints out: 12 Steven future 3rd
Saints in: hill geelong f3

Freo out: hill
Freo in: 12, Saints f3, menegola

Geelong out: menegola F3
Geelong in: Steven

Chucked the third rounder swaps in there because trades like this always have late picks going around but it seems fair to me.

MORE IN SPORT

similars

**** that would be funny. They'd have to accept less than what we offered.

Geelong delisting Jordan Cunico is only 23. Was out all year with an ankle reconstruction.

supercoach

Scores of 109, 89, 83, 122, 84 and 95 from his 15 career games. Should be looking at him with our pick 76.
And funnily enough the pick we gave back in the Stanley trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back