List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets , lets Go

Finally we are a DESTINATION CLUB
thanks too the early pick up of Dan Hannebery
cost irrelevant,

(has been going the other way for years )

Some serious mental gymnastics going on with Hanners on this board. It is like everything good that has happened is due to his signing.

Hill came for money, Ryder for Hill, Butler for opportunity.

I wouldn't have a clue what the off field impact of Hanners has been, but I dare suggest our improvement has been to far better coaching and natural development of our kids.

On field, Hanners is past it and on 800k. Not sure why everybody loves him so much, but each to their own.

If we somehow land Treloar, on top of Crouch, I would go as far to say he is not even best 22.

Observers seem the think Marsh is way in front of Clav for the same roll.
Those same people have politely suggested the club is full of s*** in regard to Clav's reviews..
Anyway, what you've done tells a tale. Mostly that our 22 is looking much much better...

Marsh is a big body but has a nice turn of speed. Dont mind the idea of him playing down back.

Observers seem the think Marsh is way in front of Clav for the same roll.
Those same people have politely suggested the club is full of s*** in regard to Clav's reviews..
Anyway, what you've done tells a tale. Mostly that our 22 is looking much much better...

We need a VFL season. Need to see if Joyce has improved at all too.

The Dogs could do with a key forward to make up for the bloke who did stuff all this year and is contracted for three more years.

JUH and Naughton and they look pretty set for tall forwards.

Yes but there are serious rumours that he can be had for a second round pick.

I don’t pretend to understand what’s happened at Collingwood. But they are trying to dump Treloar.

I don't see any way at all that Treloar can be playing at the Pies next year.
This has all become very ugly.

Just looked into it, apparently Alpacca Paddock was the name of an Albert Park field in the late 1800s

Alpaca Paddock was a great recruitment zone for us.
Alpaca.jpg

Apologies if this has been mentioned, do clubs know list sizes yet?
38 is the speculation but nothing has been officially confirmed yet.

You'd think that they would've mentioned it to clubs though so at least they know what they need to have....

38 is the speculation but nothing has been officially confirmed yet.

You'd think that they would've mentioned it to clubs though so at least they know what they need to have....
Thanks mate - yeah its pretty poor form being in trade week and clubs not knowing. Fringe players would be pretty nervous too.
...actually, its pretty flipping disgraceful now that I think about it.

I rekon we are into Treloar big time.

Satan and the Banker just waiting for trade window to start closing and the Pies to get a little desperate...

I agree although I don't think the pies are (or will be) so desperate to fix their cap that they will entice us sufficiently by say for instance eating 100k-150k x 5 years of treloars money.

The good news is though that the pies have already said they will do and unders deal for their 2021 first rounder to help move treloar on.
(They are happy to lose their 2021 first for a couple of crappy later round pick because of another daicos kid going to be bid on next year in the top 10)

So that means that the trade cost for treloar wouldn't be much- 2nd rounder value-ish... it's just the enormous 4.5 mill over 5 that is the sticking point.

I reckon if the pies were to make it 4mill over 5 (and minimal trade cost) we'd roll the dice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate - yeah its pretty poor form being in trade week and clubs not knowing. Fringe players would be pretty nervous too.
...actually, its pretty f*n disgraceful now that I think about it.

It's also why it's going to make getting rid of the likes of Dunstan, DMac, Webster, Hind etc very difficult if we need to clear cap space.

McKernan isn't great but I can see him having a role at times. If one of Ryder or Marshall go down, there's a fair chance McKernan will be the replacement so they can keep the two rucks in. Lethlean mentioned that they like their rucks to be able to play forward this morning too. He suits the role much better than Marsh does who had to fill the forward/ruck role in the semi.

I know he's you boy, but I just don't think he's gonna make it.

Although his progression has been admirable, he needs to be competing for a spot in a GF team within the next 2 years, else there's no point.

I think he's outpacing Clavarino in his development.

I completely understand people's concerns about taking on the Treloar contract. And I share some of those concerns

However, I disagree that the reason to walk away is that we need to keep the $$ aside to sign Ben King.

If Bing comes at the end of his contract, he is coming to:
a) play in a team firmly in the premiership window
b) play with his twin brother
c) live out his childhood dream of playing for the Saints

He will cost two firsts for sure. But if he decides he is coming, it ain't for the cash. Has been very well paid at GC. Confident we could get him for well below market rates as he will be coming to win a Saints flag with his brother

Last edited:
I agree although I don't think the pies are (or will be) so desperate to fix their cap that they will entice us sufficiently by say for instance eating 100k-150k x 5 years of treloars money.

The good news is though that the pies have already said they will do and unders deal for their 2021 first rounder to help move treloar on.
(They are happy to lose their 2021 first for a couple of crappy later round pick because of another daicos kid going to be bid on next year in the top 10)

So that means that the trade cost for treloar wouldn't be much- 2nd rounder value-ish... it's just the enormous 4.5 mill over 5 that is the sticking point.

I reckon if the pies were to make it 4mill over 5 (and minimal trade cost) we'd roll the dice.
The Pies board believe it's public knowledge that they are looking to shift their 2021 FRDP into this year.
Normal cost to the seller in these scenarios, is a 2nd and a 3rd in a buyers market. So we do that trade, throw them another 2nd, and take Treloar along with a solid amount of cap relief.

Another poster suggested that the club get together with AT and his manager to rewrite his deal, which would be the way to insure the club and also take some pressure off AT if he starts getting the wobbles.

AT should be having a similar deal to Brouch. Any extra needs to be funded by the CFC...

45? to 38 list size, seems too big a drop, upfront. I've heard they may do it more gradual & start at 42 for next season.
Some serious mental gymnastics going on with Hanners on this board. It is like everything good that has happened is due to his signing.

I wouldn't have a clue what the off field impact of Hanners has been, but I dare suggest our improvement has been to far better coaching and natural development of our kids.

On field, Hanners is past it and on 800k. Not sure why everybody loves him so much, but each to their own.

If we somehow land Treloar, on top of Crouch, I would go as far to say he is not even best 22.
Everytime? haha, Hanners has taken to the field, he's been serviceable. Hopefully he genuinely has fixed his hamstrings & will be an important player next season. Don't write him off, just yet.

Bill I think it's time you to fess up which member of your family did what with Hanners in the cubicles at Revolver..

Last edited:
I rekon we are into Treloar big time.

Satan and the Banker just waiting for trade window to start closing and the Pies to get a little desperate...
This could be well the case with Dunstan , Carlisle , Lonie , Webster , Roberton , teams are most probably waiting till the last day to see if they can pick up one of them for nothing trade wise and if that that happens I hope they all are kept and off load them next year when there contracts are all off the books freeing up salary for another free agent next year.
They can all still play and will give us great cover for injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back