List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find this anywhere but has anyone put together an analysis of our current list with uncontracted players, the addition of 2 draft picks, 1 free agent and an assumption of 38 players on the list next year? Would be curious how this would be shaping up for us.

I can't find this anywhere but has anyone put together an analysis of our current list with uncontracted players, the addition of 2 draft picks, 1 free agent and an assumption of 38 players on the list next year? Would be curious how this would be shaping up for us.

This year we had 40 players, 4 rookies, 1 class B rookie.

So far we've cut 3 senior listed players, 3 rookies; and added 1 senior listed player.

Which leaves us with 38 senior listed players, 1 rookie, 1 class B rookie.

Assuming we need to take 2 draft picks then that's 40 senior listed players, 1 rookie, 1 class B rookie.

And it seems like all of those are going to be counted in the 38 except the class B rookie?

Which means at a minimum 3 more players have to go out, I guess.

Why do so many think the bombers will chase billings ? If he wants to go there i will drive him

His family are rusted on Bombers coterie members, so it was always assumed it might happen. Given where the Bombers are at right now and so many leaving I think they will have loads of cap space and should he be interested in going there they could put an offer in front of him we might have trouble matching.

So far we've cut 3 senior listed players, 3 rookies; and added 1 senior listed player.

Assuming we need to take 2 draft picks then that's 40 senior listed players, 1 rookie, 1 class B rookie.

And it seems like all of those are going to be counted in the 38 except the class B rookie?

Still half a dozen or so OOC I think...

If we punt Carlisle we’ll need to replace him and you’d expect Higgins to eventuate.

How good is a fit midfield looking next year.

Centre Square: Ryder, Crouch, Steele, Gresham
Wings: Jones and Hill
Rotating through the above: Marshall, Hannebery, Ross, Billings, Higgins (maybe), Sinclair, Dunstan

Gone from a sh*t midfield to one of the best in the AFL.
Add Clark & Treloar, delete Dunstan & Ross, bloody hell, would be in heaven.

Essendon happy to walk Caldwell into PSD.
Carlton happy to walk Saad into PSD.
Another drawn out Trade Period coming up

Essendon continues to be the common dominator during each trade period.

Bulldogs have also shut down discussions with Dodoro, they don’t want to have anything to do with him even though Dunkley’s manager (Liam Pickering) has just said that Dunkley has requested a trade.

Dodoro demands pick 7 from Carlton for Saad but won’t pay the same price for Caldwell.

It’s Groundhog Day. Again.

Spanner for the dogs.... Essendon can’t trade a future pick if they move one out for Caldwell I believe.

dogs have fu** all interest in first rounders this year.

you probably need another 2 clubs to get involved.
I wonder if this is the reason Dorodo is threatening to "walk Caldwell to the PSD"

Could we help GWS out here I wonder? I suppose that ship has sailed and our offer would not be as big as the Bombers one, but if Jye could reconsider, I wonder if we'd intervene.

Bit late to it but my take on Lethers talking down our chances of Treloar was a very calculated statement to ensure we don't sound desperate to free up funds to land him.

If other clubs believe we are super keen on him but need $ to get it done they'll offer well unders for our players knowing we would likely accept it.

A clever devil is Lethers

I wonder if this is the reason Dorodo is threatening to "walk Caldwell to the PSD"

Could we help GWS out here I wonder? I suppose that ship has sailed and our offer would not be as big as the Bombers one, but if Jye could reconsider, I wonder if we'd intervene.

**** it, let's get Treloar and Caldwell. If there's time, we'll probably snag Dunkley too because why not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings, I come in peace.
We've been having a discussion over on our board about a potential trade for Higgins, and I'm not sure if my rose tinted glasses are impairing my vision on this one, but let me know what you think.

Richmond gives: Higgins and Pick 21 (was 19)
St Kilda gives: Pick 17 (was 15)

The consensus on our board that it wasn't fair for us, for only a four spot upgrade. I believe its fair because those four spots could be crucial depending on who is available.

Don't flame me please lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I would bite your hand off for that deal but our problem is we actually need to use a first round pick this draft.

So, on the condition we could then sell one of our players and that pick for another first rounder, then yes please.

But I don't see Richmond doing that anyway, unless I read it wrong.

Edit: I now see that this question has already been answered in much the same way by a dozen different posters, my apologies for the late echo.

If it is a first round DP then no worries at all, but again I think this year's draft being a bit more of a blind run, those four pick spaces are not really valuable enough to Tigers to make this a deal they would ever consider.

Last edited:
Well I don't know about you, but there's no way I'd like to stay at a club where they are quite obviously and publically trying to get rid of you.
GT and Stephen Milne come to mind 😀

With Dunkley officially requesting a trade, I think Treloar will end up at the Dogs as his replacement.
It seems like the wrong fit to me. They had too many genuine mids this year. One of Dunkley’s issues is that he isn’t getting enough mid time. Can’t see the dogs wanting to move any of Bont, Macrae, Libba or Smith out of there.

With Dunkley officially requesting a trade, I think Treloar will end up at the Dogs as his replacement.
Going to be hard for anyone to get deals done if they are waiting on a Dodoro trade to drop first... Essendon and Fremantle should be made to finish up their trades a day earlier than the other 16 clubs.

4 to go if we add McKernan. 5 if we add Higgins (assuming Tigers will want a pick for him).

Made up of the following lists.

Uncontracted:

Sam Alabakis
Jake Carlisle
Oscar Clavarino
Nick Hind
Jack Lonie
Jonathon Marsh
Matthew Parker
Ed Phillips
Shane Savage

Contracted but being discussed:

Luke Dunstan
Dylan Roberton
Jimmy Webster

Don't think it's been confirmed by the AFL yet, however it seems the clubs are basing their planning around 38
That means there may be some talent falling off lists this year, probably also means that the number of picks in this years draft is at a minimum, and therefore next years draft will have some depth to it.

Bit late to it but my take on Lethers talking down our chances of Treloar was a very calculated statement to ensure we don't sound desperate to free up funds to land him.

If other clubs believe we are super keen on him but need $ to get it done they'll offer well unders for our players knowing we would likely accept it.

He speaks so well and plays everyone on the break

Bing aint coming for years and even if he did come back to Victoria there is no guarantee its to us. they may choose to keep their options open and ensure he goes to another club.

The way I look at it:

- Get Treloar and Higgins now in addition to Crouch and we have a list good enough to be in contention in 2021 and 2022 (Before Ryder and Carlisle both get past it). Plus Treloar will be cheaper than he normally will have, SO SEIZE THE DAY
- Whereas BKing will have to be traded for and the deal may never happen. Besides he is contracted till 2022, and so potentially could be traded for with out 2022 and 2023 first rounders.
- Getting Treloar now does not have to not mean getting BKing to play in 2023+ (Indeed maybe he slots in for Ryder). But even if it meant not getting him gaining Treloar makes a lot of sense.

Doggies should be asking for 2 future firsts for Dunkley IMO. At 23, contracted, and badass they CAN afford to play some hardball

Problem is they lose leverage the longer this goes on, years wise. If they CAN'T get 2 future firsts this year for him, you can guarantee they wont get near that value this time next year.

08mcR0u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back