Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
Wtf lol? They've traded out a contracted Ladhams for a 4 spot swap in the teen picks. This is like when they gave us Dougal + Ryder + pick 18 for pick 10

View attachment 1259832
yeah, it does not make sense they port got 4 places up in first round and a future 3rd round. makes no sense to me.

The problem being that those flag winning teams with spud rucks had amazing midfields.

Our midfield (steele aside) gets destroyed by virtually every top 8 team without a gun ruck like ryder giving us a massive boost.

Personally I don't think we have the midfield cattle to change that equation, because the 3 most likely potential gun mids we have: gresh, jones and clark I don't think can make the leap to genuine A grade mids like steele.

(Gresh and jones through constant injury, clark through lack of talent/application)

We need to keep chasing Hopper, Taranto types to add one more piece. Otherwise we need injury luck.Even some kind of Jarrod Lyons type lucky break. I've come around to playing Sinclair through the middle now that he's come good.

Enjoy GWS Bobby :straining:
I actually think its good that clubs are not just folding when a player says he wants out , its not going to hurt him to stay another year , if he hates it so much why did he sign another contract after his first two years .

We need to keep chasing Hopper, Taranto types to add one more piece. Otherwise we need injury luck.Even some kind of Jarrod Lyons type lucky break. I've come around to playing Sinclair through the middle now that he's come good.
It would be interesting to see him in the guts now that he has his confidence up knowing he belongs and can play at the level , he has good agility , decent pace and is smart

What a wildly underwhelming trade period.

Im actually glad we didnt do much, feels like we have a good group, ravaged by injuries and playing like trash alot of week and with a tough draw still managed to finihs a game outside the 8.

Probably would have been happy to get Xerri but not for a second rounder, not yet at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that Sinclair has just come good.
He was rated elite when he played on the wing years ago, but then Richo played him as a general insidish forwardish mid and ....he kind of got Cho'd i guess , i mean he was competent. .
Suddenly we play him HBF and he's good again. Not sure that he'd remain good in the middle.

I really dont understand the obsession with wanting to turn everyone into a midfielder.

In the last few years weve discussed Gresh, Higgins, Sinclair, Clark, Coffield i even remember Lonie being discussed.

We have Steele, Jones, Crouch as our "full time" mids then we have a STACK of guys who can roll through for stints here and there but they dont all need to turn into full time mids.

wonder if we can still get our hands on Brisbane Draft picks? They have SC issues and need Future 2nd.
They have 14,18,41,54,60,76.

Surely we have the upper hand to pull off a pick 14 and 41 for a F2 and F4

Agree on Sinclair. Paton comes back in Sinclair in the mid rotation.

Paton Howard Webster

Coffield Battle Highmore

Paton Howard Webster

Coffield Battle Highmore

Paton and Webster play the same role (lockdown small defender), not sure they both play in the back 6 imo or move Sinclair out of the back line.

wonder if we can still get our hands on Brisbane Draft picks? They have SC issues and need Future 2nd.
They have 14,18,41,54,60,76.

Surely we have the upper hand to pull off a pick 14 and 41 for a F2 and F4
I don't mind that, and they may even be tempted given their F/S requirements next year.

Paton Howard Webster

Coffield Battle Highmore

Sinc was way too good at half back to start mucking around IMO
Coff is the player that needs to really find a role and I think we should give him a shot on the wing in that role Battle was playing.

FB: Paton - Howard - Webster
HB: Highmore - Wilkie - Sinclair
C: Hill - Steele - Coffield
HF: Higgins - Membrey - Sharman
FF: Butler - King - Ryder
R: Marshall - Jones - Crouch
I: Gresham - Billings - Ross - Clark

Battle plays CHB in the 2s and is told to make it his own.

Bytel 1st mid in for any injuries/form.

Marshall to start as the #1 ruck. We need to get Ryder through the season and make sure he is fit for finals.

Give us a decent draw and some luck with injuries and we can shoot straight back up I think.

I'm not sure that Sinclair has just come good.
He was rated elite when he played on the wing years ago, but then Richo played him as a general insidish forwardish mid and ....he kind of got Cho'd i guess , i mean he was competent. .
Suddenly we play him HBF and he's good again. Not sure that he'd remain good in the middle.

Sincas is just a very good footballer… great IQ, excellent skills & super fit. No reason at all why that couldn’t translate into more midfield time… personally I’d rather have him kicking the ball fo Winx than anyone else.

I’d have no issues at all with him spending more time in the midfield. Especially when Paton is back up & running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinc was way too good at half back to start mucking around IMO
Coff is the player that needs to really find a role and I think we should give him a shot on the wing in that role Battle was playing.

FB: Paton - Howard - Webster
HB: Highmore - Wilkie - Sinclair
C: Hill - Steele - Coffield
HF: Higgins - Membrey - Sharman
FF: Butler - King - Ryder
R: Marshall - Jones - Crouch
I: Gresham - Billings - Ross - Clark

Battle plays CHB in the 2s and is told to make it his own.

Bytel 1st mid in for any injuries/form.

Marshall to start as the #1 ruck. We need to get Ryder through the season and make sure he is fit for finals.

Give us a decent draw and some luck with injuries and we can shoot straight back up I think.
That is a short backline (especially since Wilkie plays tall and small)

Paton Howard Wilkie
Highmore Battle Sinclair/Coff (structure/horses for courses)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back