Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a tall defender who is ready to play: Is Blake Schlensog eligible to be a DFA?

We still need a capable back up up ruck who is better than Hunter.

Think Schlensog could be good. Hunter was okay last year. I guess it’s resign Joyce and Hunter, delist Lonie and Kent, DFA Gibbons and Schlensog

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In B4 the club announces that David King will be the new list manager.

"Yeah we've given up pick 10 for Caddy & Riewoldt.

Both premiership stars and Jack's going to really bring some leadership to that forward line.

Yeah we certainly had the chance at Ben King but giving up 2 first round picks just wasn't an option, especially not once this deal was done."

In B4 the club announces that David King will be the new list manager.

"Yeah we've given up pick 10 for Caddy & Riewoldt.

Both premiership stars and Jack's going to really bring some leadership to that forward line.

Yeah we certainly had the chance at Ben King but giving up 2 first round picks just wasn't an option, especially not once this deal was done."

That's day 1, day 2 Kingy is contradicting himself how it was an option and it should have been taken and what a missed opportunity it was and how it would have propelled things into stratosphere if we were just good enough. Day 3 he'll be on the fence and have a bit both ways, then day 4 you'll hear nothing but a door opening and see him thrown his arse before door closing.

I reckon we might need another older state league ruck like Hunter just in case. Remember this year there were periods when Marshall and Ryder both missed - if that happened next year then it would be Hunter as first ruck swapping with Heath - or I guess Ming if we thought it was worthwhile making him do it.

I reckon we might need another older state league ruck like Hunter just in case. Remember this year there were periods when Marshall and Ryder both missed - if that happened next year then it would be Hunter as first ruck swapping with Heath - or I guess Ming if we thought it was worthwhile making him do it.

Battle, Ming will be used as relief forward only, Hunter in centre and battle for "quick, we need a ruck!" is their play as they won;t really throw heath in unless required to do so is my read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see a matched bid deficit coming up.
Im guessing we will wait until as close as possible to trade to get more points - or even wait until the night itself - when we have a better idea of where they will be taken.

No point trading a future pick to get the points if one doesnt make it past the top 20 picks, or if one slides beyond pick 40 where we could match with any pick.

Im guessing we will wait until as close as possible to trade to get more points - or even wait until the night itself - when we have a better idea of where they will be taken.

No point trading a future pick to get the points if one doesnt make it past the top 20 picks, or if one slides beyond pick 40 where we could match with any pick.
Are there any other clubs hungry to get those points? Or have they all done their hunting already. Wouldn’t want someone else to gobble up all the pick 50s and 60s and 70s from people before we get a chance

Are there any other clubs hungry to get those points? Or have they all done their hunting already. Wouldn’t want someone else to gobble up all the pick 50s and 60s and 70s from people before we get a chance
It's unlikely. There aren't many other clubs with academy players predicted to go in the 2nd round this year so they don't need points. GWS is the only other team with Fahey.

Good that we didn't get Xerri.

Marahall/Ryder plus Hunter who got a bit better as the season went on. Literally don't see Xerri being and better than Hunter to be honest. Develop Heath and fast track him if injuries occur.

Only disappointing thing was not getting a pick for Dunstan as late as it might have been to go towards our NGA's.

Pick the best available PURE MID and not a flanker and we will be fine with natural improvement.

In saying that, this pre season will make or breaks Ratts and let's face facts last years was a screw up as much as the club denied it throughout the season.

Just have to have a look who we got rid of and replace in terms of fitness/performance .

Ruckman Nathan VARDY retired despite being offered a one-year deal at WCE, primarily because the package he was offered was not worth delaying the next phase of his life and it was his desire to move to Melbourne. Maybe could fill our needs now...Back up RUCK better than HUNTER and still only 30 yrs old born 25/06/1991. As he is retired is that possible- it would seem more appropriate now I guess

Last edited:
Ruckman Nathan VARDY retired despite being offered a one-year deal at WCE, primarily because the package he was offered was not worth delaying the next phase of his life and it was his desire to move to Melbourne. Maybe could fill our needs now...Back up RUCK better than HUNTER and still only 30 yrs old born 25/06/1981. As he is retired is that possible- it would seem more appropriate now I guess

i vote for this! he's good fwd too

Ruckman Nathan VARDY retired despite being offered a one-year deal at WCE, primarily because the package he was offered was not worth delaying the next phase of his life and it was his desire to move to Melbourne. Maybe could fill our needs now...Back up RUCK better than HUNTER and still only 30 yrs old born 25/06/1981. As he is retired is that possible- it would seem more appropriate now I guess
If he’s happy to come in on cheap and know he’s just there for a year or two then why the hell not.

You transposed a number there....

1981 = 40
1991 (actually Vardys year) is then 30.

Important distinction there, just for anyone now noticing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back