Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm disappointed he didn't work out for us but I hope he does come good. I certainly wouldn't hold a grudge.
at this point I'd just be happy to see him playing footy and not getting concussed. he's had one of the roughest runs at it. Bloke deserves to string together a decent amount of games and enjoy some of it

Good for him. Would love to see him succeed at Sydney,

But given what we are learning about concussions and their long term effects, I will be cringing every time he receives contact.
I don't feel any better about hearing he was spending time in defence.
How many times do we see defenders copping a knee to the back of the head when playing in front?

I doubt it, I’m not sure he would have been a star even without the concussion issues.
I think his forward craft was good. He'd kick plenty (assuming his kicking improved) playing under Max's armpits.
If Sharman comes on and Max stays healthy, we won't miss Paddy - even if he kicks a few elsewhere. Part of me will still hate watching it, even if I'm happy for him.

I doubt it, I’m not sure he would have been a star even without the concussion issues.
Think it was a genuine miss from our drafting team TBH. Hope he comes good cause hes not a bad player but i always thought taking him at number 1 was a bad call.

Think it was a genuine miss from our drafting team TBH. Hope he comes good cause hes not a bad player but i always thought taking him at number 1 was a bad call.

Paddy showed significant more promise than many care to admit (or choose to remember).

Even outside of the concussions, he just never got a fair run at showing that promise consistently.

Paddy showed significant more promise than many care to admit (or choose to remember).

Even outside of the concussions, he just never got a fair run at showing that promise consistently.
Cool.

I didnt want him in his final 18s year year so perhaps he could have gone on to prove me wrong but not currently.

Not disagreeing.
Just wondering (anyone can answer):
How many clubs have a backup KPD close to 200cm that can actually 'football'. (Not including forwards who can go back if the KPD goes down).
The Eagles do, not sure the Lions do (Adams is probably similar height to the guys we've got).
Maybe someone with time can make a yes/no list - or just a yes or no list (whichever is shortest).

Also wondering (as I switched off in disgust a few times), does Lynch get more of his goals against us body to body, or on the lead?

Just trying to work out if recruiting some plonker because he's big and plays in defence is actually worth it.

Unless someone has some evidence somewhere, i'm going to stick my neck out and say Clav was/is 195cm. The same height as Joyce.

Maybe Clav should stick his neck out too, it might get him 3cm. :think:

Wouldn't help him get his arms higher.

I maintain that Jason Blake, ( 189 cm ) was a neckless freak with long arms and legs .
His head was low, but his arms got right up there.

You had to look really hard with rose coloured glasses on to see the promise a number 1 draft pick would need to show I reckon

Short memories, hindsight is a wonderful thing, etc

There was a game he was absolutely torching Rance v the Tigers, and for a change didn't get concussion but broke a collarbone.

The guy had very good potential and without concussion he would have made a very good forward. Would have been a miss like Billings but even moreso as Petracca was more of a need.

But he wasn't a skills bust but an injury bust which made the miss even worse. If we had him would probably would have Bailey Smith not Max and no shot at Ben.
So while I wanted Petracca over Paddy, it is not a fact that Paddy was no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't help him get his arms higher.

I maintain that Jason Blake, ( 189 cm ) was a neckless freak with long arms and legs .
His head was low, but his arms got right up there.

The inverse of Tim English.

English measures as a very tall man but so much of his height is in his neck which means his arms sit lower than even the average ruck. This is why he gets beaten so often. He's actually the same size as Bontempelli.

1636425372956.png

He had like 2 good games

As factual as this thread

English measures as a very tall man but so much of his height is in his neck which means his arms sit lower than even the average ruck. This is why he gets beaten so often. He's actually the same size as Bontempelli.

View attachment 1277034
phocomelus-man-color.gif

As factual as this thread

Wow, I know I've made some bad calls (Mark McGough winning a B&F the worst) but some people should be not only embarrassed but ashamed with what they posted there.

Wow, I know I've made some bad calls (Mark McGough winning a B&F the worst) but some people should be not only embarrassed but ashamed with what they posted there.
We all make mistakes and even some of us will even admit it , we all cant be perfect like some on here that have never made a wrong call ever

View attachment 1277034
You would want a better photo than that to show your point of view , there is 12 cm difference between them , so who has the longest torso and legs ?

You would want a better photo than that to show your point of view , there is 12 cm difference between them , so who has the longest torso and legs ?

Well my initial post was a bit of a piss take but there is some (flimsy) evidence that it's not far off...

Same body height as Patty Lipinski:

1636429658486.png

Max Gawn has to bend over to have his shoulders line up:

1636429718859.png

Well my initial post was a bit of a piss take but there is some (flimsy) evidence that it's not far off...

Same body height as Patty Lipinski:

View attachment 1277075

Max Gawn has to bend over to have his shoulders line up:

View attachment 1277076
I take it you kidding , now your out to 18cm difference in height , is it all in the neck ?

I take it you kidding , now your out to 18cm difference in height , is it all in the neck ?

Mostly, yeah.

This image has not been edited in any way.

1636434136031.png

He's all neck, with a tiny little bonce on top of it. Notice the dead stare and the tight, pursed lips. Looks like the proverbial deer in headlights.

Now look at this specimen:
1636434391940.png

Notice the proportions. The rugged jawline. The wild hair of a man who cannot be contained. The soft eyes that say "I like to cuddle".

The Dogs took English with pick 19 of the 2016 draft. FIVE picks before Ben Long, who had been playing for their VFL team. He was right under their noses and they picked a squibby giraffe instead.

Why don't we hear more about THAT draft stuff up!?!

Good for him. Would love to see him succeed at Sydney,

But given what we are learning about concussions and their long term effects, I will be cringing every time he receives contact.
I remember an interview with him a couple of years back that was absolutely harrowing… playing a game is not worth your health so I hope he doesn't make the wrong choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back