Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Who played well for the Blues vs the Dons in Round 13?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches votes ...

10 Sam Docherty (CARL) :thumbsu:
6 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 Harry McKay (CARL)
5 Lewis Young (CARL)
2 Nicholas Newman (CARL)

2 Dylan Shiel (ESS)

shiel really starting to repay the faith

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Our mids seem to have dropped off a bit the last 2 games. Particularly in centre clearances.

Bit of a worry.

Awesome to see Marchbank back. Maybe Cunningham in the next few weeks?

Lewis Young - I was very worried after his first couple of games. Looked nervous but he's got some serious talent, playing well and still very young for a KPD. To think we essentially got him for SPS looks like an absolute bargain. Funnily enough he's exactly the player the Bulldogs really need bit they refused to just settle him at CHB and let him gain confidence.

Liked LOBs game. Had a couple of really good fwd 50 entries again. Helps put down back a lot too - so using that running power to Advantage.

I was really happy with our transition against * after our 1 dimensional down the line effort against woods. It’s seems the coaching staff went to work on it over the bye and installed the update to our system. Well done coaches

I thought not having Harry would force us to move the ball differently if the previous weeks, but hell, why not have both.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I actually wish we hadn't traded Phillips. That big solid backup ruck is what we miss.
We effectively traded Philips for Pittonet. Although pitto is currently injured I think that he's been available for more games than Phillips and he's definitely a better player.

That would be a no for me.

Vossy knew we should have beaten them by 10+ goals.

They were leaving huge patches of grass for us to kick to all game. Intensity was up and down, a lot of brainless footy resulting in over handballing and stuff like Cripps' ridiculous attempted left foot pass in the 3rd.

That bake was completely warranted.
I have it on pretty good authority that there was also a bake post game against Collingwood.
Apparently Voss gave them an absolute spray over the loss.
I hear, he may have used the phrase “weak minded” during the barrage.

If true, I’m personally ok with that. If anyone has the credibility to deliver something like that, it’s Michael Voss.

I have it on pretty good authority that there was also a bake post game against Collingwood.
Apparently Voss gave them an absolute spray over the loss.
I hear, he may have used the phrase “weak minded” during the barrage.

If true, I’m personally ok with that. If anyone has the credibility to deliver something like that, it’s Michael Voss.

I just hope has the tickets with the players to get that across at a place that they can grow from. ‘Weak minded’ is a hard no two ways about it call.

each time a particular type of player is injured, here comes the "wish we hadn't traded that type of player" regardless of how long ago it was, what we got for him, the situation in which he left or how inept he was to be traded in the first place - let's just stockpile every player who has ever played a game just in case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d love an explanation as to why he is only playing 66 percent game time though right? Even when another mid (Cerra) goes down early. It’s NOT cardio fitness. He’s a super fit guy these days. He’s not running out of tank. It’s either (a) concern about keeping his pace up or (b) he’s playing hurt.

Would love an insider to explain.

Or it’s how we think it best maximises his impact

I’m happy with the win but I think there’s a real discussion to have about our midfield. We’ve been beaten two weeks in a row through there and it would be interesting to know why. What was our strength has been sub par.

Any stoppage structure extraordinaires out there?

My theory is that in the wake of Cripps playing more ruck our players roles have changed slightly and I think we’ve been training transition heavily through the week which means less time being spent on our contested stuff.

I hope being beaten by * is enough to get our mojo back.

I just hope has the tickets with the players to get that across at a place that they can grow from. ‘Weak minded’ is a hard no two ways about it call.

Voss is not their mate, won't go to the pub, have a beer and punt with the list. He is head coach and is looking like he's trying to balance himself as being between an authoritative head figure and a trusted confidant. If the players after a full pre-season and half season have not figured out the lay of the new land then they better learn quick.

How good was Docherty? What a season he's having. Cannot be overstated . That tackle on stringer early in the 1st was top shelf. Discards him like the boof head he is. Stringer than jumps into him outta frustration post free kick....like the boof head he is.
Not sure how that the umpire could think that was not a down field free. Must have just been watching the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 13 Blues rain on Bomber's parade - 'Sheedy blames AFL for brave loss and demands an apology'

Back