Preview 2022 Rd 23 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday August 21 3:20PM @ MCG - Team Post #1305

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
90k, MCG, Carlton v Collingwood, for all the marbles.

There ain’t nothing bigger, nothing.

You people going to the footy today are in for a piece of genuine history, soak it & enjoy the day. (Wanna see pics)

Go you mighty Baggers.👍👍
Indeed, and the reserves is on before it too.
Massive footy day for those that attend.
Turn up to see the reserves too as a win by them puts them in the finals.
It on tv too. Reserves and seniors.
Almost feels like old fashioned grand final day where you have the reserves match on tv in the build up to the senior big one.
Love the finals like experience all these young players are getting in these last three rounds.
If we win there more finals to come which is awesome experience to be in, so finals for rest of the decade is nothing new to these group of players.

I’ve gone with Stig O'Hara game day routine to make some time pass.

Epic 150m walk to Aldi ☑️
Ham and cheese toastie with instant coffee 🔥
0 house chores completed☑️
Showered ❌
Likelihood of any human contact today ❌

Best of luck and go the blues
Fairly sure you have to end the night in bath falling asleep with a box of Cheezels in there with you.

I’ve gone with Stig O'Hara game day routine to make some time pass.

Epic 150m walk to Aldi ☑️
Ham and cheese toastie with instant coffee 🔥
0 house chores completed☑️
Showered ❌
Likelihood of any human contact today ❌

Best of luck and go the blues
I'm assuming tracky pants, favourite windcheater and cold beers as part of the routine.

I like to have my mixed nuts as part of my routine.

Flew in from Perth Wednesday, first time I’ve been home since pre covid. Family stuff done, very pumped now. Taking my partner who has never been to Melbourne or the MCG, so it’s going to be a bit of a shock for them today

Carlton will win, that’s my only wisdom

Whatever happens it’s been an enjoyable year, to be at the last round and still be in the hunt has been marvellous. Normally we would all be clogging up the bluemers thread and waiting for some ITK to drop us something tasty.

I guess today we will see how much this season means to the boys, whether last week crushed or galvanised them.

I am so nervous but last weeks game and this game are as close to finals as you can get and last week we turned up big time, inexperience cost us hopefully today we do the same and learn from last week.

Time will tell, go bluebaggers and thank you for a year where come mid August instead of mid April 😤 we still have our fate in our own hands.

Oh the joy in depriving the filth of a top four spot to face the rampant tigers next week, it’s almost worth having to head to the Gabba. Still beating them twice and knocking them out would be even sweeter but I’d take the other scenario in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t felt like this since the morning of the ‘99 prelim. At least that day I had the distraction of voting in the morning.

Which Carlton shows up today? The one that shat itself in Adelaide or the one that almost belted the Demons last week? If the latter, I think we’ll win today.

I know it would take away from the drama, but it would be nice for the hawks to do the job so I can bloody relax a bit in the last quarter… Not expecting that though - from results so far this round it looks like teams with nought on the line have already checked out.

It’s the great enemy! Do the job, boys!!

Haven’t felt like this since the morning of the ‘99 prelim. At least that day I had the distraction of voting in the morning.
I forgot to vote that morning. Only remembered later in evening when remembered there was also a State election on.
Only time I ever forgot to vote.

My wife is a Collingwood supporter (Not fanatical) and so is their whole family.
I've asked her to go visit her mum during the game.
I don't need her coming in checking the scores, when I am freaking out like a crazy man in front of the TV.
And I don't want to read any comments, "It's just a game"........ IT's MORE....... It's tribal, It's serious, This is Carlton * the rest.
PS. I think we will win. But will only relax after the final siren. Go Blues, You bloody beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back