Preview 2022 Round 3 Carlton vs Hawthorn Sunday April 3rd 1.10PM @ MCG - Team Post #1413

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our mids and forwards should have hawthorn covered however we need avoid the same mistakes Port made last week.

Port played with a lack of pressure and gave the hawks far too much room on the counter attack. We know Gunston and Breust don’t need many chances to make an impact. Lewis also looked really good leading up into space, which is what he’ll try to do against Weiters. OMac is also a big loss in this regard. Those three matchups are vitally important for us to get right. We need to defend as we did against the dogs in the first half, clogging up space in defence and applying pressure to force the hack kick inside D50.

Hopefully we dominate early and kill off any hawthorn momentum. I’m confident Voss will be able to ensure we turn up and apply fierce pressure from the first siren as we did against the dogs.

Only Hawks fans would think so.
The Hawks may not be playing for Clarko now but they sure as hell are “paying” for him!

Jokes aside it’s great that both teams are in form heading into the game so I can’t wait to see who prevails.

Reeves for them could be a difference. He’s massive and his ruck work is improving. Pitto and TDK will have their work cut out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Screenshot_20220329-200239_AFL.jpg
Hit outs, yes Reeves seems to be doing well. But it doesn't look like his dominance is currently a major concern based of the Port games clearance stats

McGovern had 13 disposals at 92% efficiency yet had 5 clangers. Can someone please explain how that works??? Decision-making and execution when under pressure or when suffering a bout of indecision is a concern. I remain to be convinced about Gov's viability as a quality defender. I'd still prefer to have Kemp here.
How long you been doing this mate? Frees against are counted as clangers. As has been established for years.

I think you lot have forgotten you have been down the bottom of the ladder for the last 20 odd years 😂😂😂😂.

At least i know where the Hawks are in there rebuild.

No doubt that the hawks have drafted astutely. IMO you are about to find out how good Andrew Russell was for you guys.

Last edited:
Must say, there's so much confidence/arrogance in here, it's so refreshing. None of this "we need to be careful" or "not sure about this game"... just straight out "we got this!"

It's because of the way we've been playing that gives us this confidence. It's not being hopeful, it's become expected.

It's been the greatest 2 and half weeks of arrongance that I can remember (didn't appreciate it in the 90s). I just can't imagine the level come say round 8-9.

Let it out. Don't let anyone shame you. This arrogance is built on 150 years of success... we've been hiding it the last 20 years but it's been busting to get out. Let the rest of the comp remember just how much they hate us!

We need to be careful.

Not too sure about this game. 😜

#amidoingitright

Reeves for them could be a difference. He’s massive and his ruck work is improving. Pitto and TDK will have their work cut out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pitto should be able to work him over over four quarters. Still very raw.

McEvoy is their wildcard if the clearances go our way early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we do mate. Lazy take.

Just because one rebuild takes 10 years doesn't mean they all do.

We are enjoying the season and watching this 'non existent top end talent' coming through but most of us are under no illusions. North are shit and we out ran Port and played out of our skins

Carlton are probably 2 or 3 years ahead of us in their rebuild and these are the teams that will trouble the hawks the most this year, so I strongly doubt we will win this week. In fact with a young inconsistent team, it might get ugly, the midfield will prove to be the difference.

Good luck this year, I honestly believe Carlton are bound for top 4 and I'm kind of hoping it happens so my poor old Dad can finally have some fun watching footy again!

Ease up on the stupid takes though dude. If you don't really know what you are on about, sometimes it's better to stay silent lest you out yourself as ignorant.
Few more hawks fan making a meal of the 'where the respective teams are at' opinion than carlton fans mate. 😂

Salary shouldn't play a part in selection for what is best for the team
One of the penny drop moments under the ratten era was sending Stevens and Scotland to the 2s.

Would love for Voss to send a similar message early. Your salary is irrelevant. You get a game based on hard work and training

Jones' brain farts were frustrating, but he did save more than he conceded. He, Weiters and Gov would've been a great KPD line up this year, and would allow Lewis Young to develop his craft in the twos and OMac in reserve.
Maybe he will get vaxxed and nominate for mid season draft

The old Carlton likely shits the bed against Richmond who went up by 20 points in the last quarter and against the Dogs who got a run on...

There's a lot of old Carlton scars... one thing about old Carlton (last year anyway) for the most part (bar a few exceptions) we won the games we were expected to win and couldn't win any that we weren't expected to.

We aren't in any position to take the lid off. Even if we belt the Hawks by 10 goals... When we were in this position 10 years ago many were talking us up as flag favourites... we missed the finals...

We are not the real deal until we can finish top 4 and put in a good showing come finals.

Last year Harry was very quiet against the Hawks (shoulder injury played a part). This year I expect him to be fully firing from the get go. Charlie there as well. Our midfield should have too much class for theirs and the key forwards we have should be too much for the Hawks to handle.

So I just can't see how this game that we're expected to win is a real test. It doesn't make us look any more solid than winning against the Tigers and Dogs. Those were far more telling victories.
Umps helped us against the tigers

Ease up with the cheap shots and stop playing the man.

Might be best if you look at some of the 'stupid takes' on your own Board dude.

Just remember you are on an opposition Board.

Oh I do, I try and call them out too.

I know which board I am on. But Hawthorn have zero top talent coming through? How is that not a stupid statement?

I like posting on oppo boards leading up to a game and rarely does it get met with such hostility. Only a few days ago I stood up for a Blues fan who wandered in to the Hawks board and was attacked for not kissing the ring, we should be able to have these discussions without getting offended

I was trying to call out what was a pretty average take. I tried to be respectful but guess I wasn't respectful enough, I'll work on that. I definitely didn't think I made a 'cheap shot' but we all perceive things differently.

I'll leave now. Enjoy the game this week. Play on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back