List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

He had a back injury yes, PLUS limited exposure due to Covid PLUS any club that bid on him after 21 knew he was going to the Saints so didn’t bother. He’s already played multiple AFL games and done quite well in VFL clearly better then a 40+ pick.
We really had a perfect storm of good prospects under injury clouds and covid in the last year we could use the discount properly.

Can always hope for some miracle find but I’m grumpy and cynical about it

Before everyone starts talking best available or how you are spending our first rounder.

Barrels Have you got any insight in our NGA kid this year? Is he any good and likely to make us panic about picks and points?
If you are referring to Cam McKenzie, he looks very good

Too good to make be it to pick 41 unfortunately.

AFL should give something to the clubs for NGA ongoing development, time, effort, money etc
Other not fair.
They should leave it as it stands now. Gives incentives to the club for finding and developing the kids

Clark is probably the slowest of them all but is completely different and his pace doesn’t seem to matter. Doesn’t get caught with the ball to much. I’m not talking 2 weeks by the way. It might not happen or it may need to happen. I stand by things could look completely different in 4 weeks.
Plays just like David Mundy with the way he moves.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade time and talk is the best but I've got a feeling we are more likely to lose players than gain them this year. If good players are kept in the twos they always start to look elsewhere. Reckon we will have some decent talent stuck in the twos this year so it wouldn't surprise me. If we do trade in a gun, it should be a mid only. In which case I expect we would look to move on a soldier type like Ross.
Although I like the way he plays, I reckon that Bytel may end up with the constable type issue. Can't break in but should definitely be playing afl somewhere.

Trade time and talk is the best but I've got a feeling we are more likely to lose players than gain them this year. If good players are kept in the twos they always start to look elsewhere. Reckon we will have some decent talent stuck in the twos this year so it wouldn't surprise me. If we do trade in a gun, it should be a mid only. In which case I expect we would look to move on a soldier type like Ross.
Although I like the way he plays, I reckon that Bytel may end up with the constable type issue. Can't break in but should definitely be playing afl somewhere.

If we make finals and do well perhaps a few will look at our depth but I still think it's pretty bare. Our new kids are contracted and guys like Bytel would need some solid form to be of interest.....in which case I think we'd hold on to him.

Bytel, Joyce, Connolly, Kent, Campbell types are the kind of players that are usually ripe for the picking but none of them look like they'd make much difference at a new club yet.

What ? Can't break in because his VFL performance puts him behind first year players.
If that's the case he's hardly going to be hot property.

I don't think we have a lot of good players hammering the door down.
The younger players drafted this year have no right to demand or expect selection yet.
Others like Byrnes or Bytel have had their fair share of games, and haven't done anything remarkable.

Sharman is the only one comes to mind, and his wing training might be intended to find him a spot.

Last edited:

Can't see a single candidate for that across the whole list. Perhaps one or two at most after next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else find it strange we are a quarter of the way through the season and still have 19 players out of contract at seasons end?

Usually they trickle through across the year and we have about half a dozen left by seasons end.

Anyone else find it strange we are a quarter of the way through the season and still have 19 players out of contract at seasons end?

Usually they trickle through across the year and we have about half a dozen left by seasons end.

Just a theory, could be completely wrong, but might it have something to do with the new CBA agreement. I thought I heard a rumour suggesting that it would have a big increase on the salary cap and thus player wages, some might be holding out until that is announced so they get better deals?

Wouldn't mind having another dip at Alex Pearce again this year.

Dunkley is not a free agent.
Thought someone earlier posted he was. Just checked FootWire, and you are correct

Oh well if not, both will cost at least a FRDP in that case I think Taranto has a point of difference and age on his side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back