List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Bollocks. Hawthorn and Essendon knew about pick 7 at the same time that we did, and they were months late to the party!! Bowes was never going anywhere but Geelong, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was instructed to meet with both Hawthorn and Essendon for the optics of it, so that it didn't look like a "fait accompli" that he was only ever going to Geelong......

That's an interesting take, one I am willing to entertain.

As said... pissed off with anything relating to Geelong.

I didn't want to do the trade, I was commenting on the article. If we are planning on rebuilding they are probably not the players we want to target. I think Weed has more upside than Schache though.
I think you're right, I reckon Weed thinks he can get a run at the Bombers but would probably have been behind Hayes at StK.

I heard his manager saying that to court him you had to show interest in Bowes and not just pick 7. Geelong were after him long before 7 came up. Saints were like a seagull on a chip when a pick was there to be had.

Paddy Dangerfield mentored him after meeting when he went on some international game and Paddy helped out or something too. Has kept in touch all the way along.

Selwood and Danger are everything culture that the Saints don't seem to have. The players want to be there rather than paid a ransom to stay.
Just like practically every other interested club.

I think you're right, I reckon Weed thinks he can get a run at the Bombers but would probably have been behind Hayes at StK.

I don't know anything about Essendon's list but don't they have a lot of big blokes?

203cm: Wright
202cm: Bryan, Draper, Reid
201cm: Phillips
200cm: Cox
199cm:
198cm:
197cm: Eyre, McBride
196cm: Weideman
195cm: Brand, Stewart, Zerk-Thatcher
194cm: Jones, Voss

They have 14 blokes 194cm or higher, we only have 9. Does he really get a game there?

I heard his manager saying that to court him you had to show interest in Bowes and not just pick 7. Geelong were after him long before 7 came up.

Does this mean the Suns are incompetent? I mean I'm prepared to believe it. But if Geelong were interested anyway, and he was willing to renegotiate his contract to go there, couldn't they have given away a lot less to get rid of him?

Does this mean the Suns are incompetent? I mean I'm prepared to believe it. But if Geelong were interested anyway, and he was willing to renegotiate his contract to go there, couldn't they have given away a lot less to get rid of him?
Logic has never stopped this thread.

I don't know anything about Martyn, but Sick and RCD could be worth looking at.
Better first run it past the forum to see if they are acceptable….😉

They have form in doing Geelong massive favours during trade week.

In other news, the Tigers have delisted Jake Aarts, Sydney Stack & Riley Collier-Dawkins.

Stack & RCD would be interesting options in the DFA pool.

RCD has been very average over the last couple of years

Stack would be ideal if he wasn't a loose cannon.
Well we were going after a loose cannon in JDG.

Hayes is probably a bit short for a true ruck chop out but can do it if necessary. His forward craft is very good though. I'm happy to persist but we probably have to look at something more permanent at some point. I think Hayes could be that McStay type for us regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know anything about Essendon's list but don't they have a lot of big blokes?

203cm: Wright
202cm: Bryan, Draper, Reid
201cm: Phillips
200cm: Cox
199cm:
198cm:
197cm: Eyre, McBride
196cm: Weideman
195cm: Brand, Stewart, Zerk-Thatcher
194cm: Jones, Voss

They have 14 blokes 194cm or higher, we only have 9. Does he really get a game there?
I think so

Only key forward that would be ahead of him is Wright

Hayes is probably a bit short for a true ruck chop out but can do it if necessary. His forward craft is very good though. I'm happy to persist but we probably have to look at something more permanent at some point. I think Hayes could be that McStay type for us regardless.
Be interesting with the 5 man interchange if we play Campbell more

I think they are incompetent. They have blown their cap with the previous generation and now the new lot need to be paid. Like GWS they have had so many high picks that they don't value them as highly as others do.

I think that the pick 7 was way too much of a tempter and ridiculous but being the first time a salary dump had been sanctioned there wasn't a precedent to go off as well.

So we have 7 available lists spots according to BrutThough

That's with Bytel and Lienart in limbo

I'd give Bytel one year

Might be against the grain, but I wouldn't bother with Lienart again. He was quite good last year but it's time to start backing our youth in when we get a few injuries.

That leaves 6 spots with 4 decent draft picks atm

So maybe a couple of young DFA's

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back