Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not enough love for acres game tonight. 26 touches and 11 marks, worked his ass off and took a couple contested marks too. Ball use isn’t his one wood but rarely loses a one on one and like George works through contact to always find a handball out. Really impressed with his response from last week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
respectfully, stevie, he didn't play and you need new mates............

This wasn't a 4 point game on the ladder, or the old 8 point game. It was a 20 point game in terms of what it means to our belief should the same situation present itself again. It shows we do have the game to win big matches. We have improved.
How dare you post sensible, intelligent stuff on here. WTF is wrong with you???

Once again Hollands and Cowan fitted right in at AFL level. Remarkable efforts. Hollands played like a 150 gamer tonight!

Saad was a firestarter.
TDK's second efforts were fantastic, tackling hard.
JSOS leading hard to the contest.
Charlie's come alive!
Harry's marking in the last was sensational.
Crippa doesn't look 100% but battled on as usual. Tough as.

If last week was flat, tonight was high gloss. So proud of the team's sustained efforts. Still a few to hit full fitness/form for Ultra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changed the title. Voss reckons there was never a monkey on their back. That's my supporter perspective. I'm going to back Vossy in here.

Quick caveat that Geelong were clearly not firing on all cylinders tonight, but glad we fought it out. Best game I've seen Kennedy play, and McKay put up midfielder numbers covering the ground tonight.

Charlie, Durdin and Motlop bringing the attacking power tonight, with Owies getting on the end a bit to finish. Still have my concerns with his mobility, but you can see that he's making good decisions.

Two rucks clicked into place for us late as a screen for McKay to take a few grabs, but otherwise it's going to require TDK picking up a lot of forward craft to account for the heavy legs he's have after centre bounce work. Pittonet was more mobile than I've seen for a while, but he was also far more selective. Balance isn't right there.

Docherty's fitness is a little bit of a worry to me, and it immediately drags down his disposal by foot. Hope he can iron it out. Newman still probably the first defender I'd replace, but like Owies still making good decisions... just rarely hurts the opposition when he does so.

Grain of salt with this result, but happy we got the win.

Ah jimmae...Newman has been rock solid both games. He's tough and locks away a forward. I don't recall any mistakes by foot.

Key cog of our backline.

Love this photo so much, two kids that look like their 16 going out there and competing against men. Hollands running back with the flight with Jeremy Cameron bearing down behind him and he spoils that contest. Last week, the 2m Tom Lynch in a similar situation.

Primary analysis from the train home.
Harry McKay late was epic. We held on. Far from perfect at the end. But, against the reigning premiers, without 2 of our best midfielders, take the W and go from there. Without Jeremy Cameron, we would have won that by 10 goals. He was ridiculous.
Still, great win against formidable opposition.

Changed the title. Voss reckons there was never a monkey on their back. That's my supporter perspective. I'm going to back Vossy in here.

Great mentality. Proud of that belief

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 2 Blues hold on to beat the reigning premier

Back