Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont need to it's obvious watch the f$kn replay

you are in you're own and you keep changing the story. one minute its borlase is better than butts next minute its hes fine for backup.

hes no good, and they know it. looking for a replacement and will delist as soon as thats arranged.

not once did he say Borlase is better than Butts. Dare you to quote the post.

What I’d like is for people I discuss footy with to understand that midfield is more than CBAs and stoppage win/loss stats. Obviously that’s a bit much for you. But I retain hope that others can catch up.
That your first reaction is go for a petty insult rather than answer a simple, non threatening question is quite telling.

Hearing we're trying to move to pick 4 without using our first rounder might match up with what I was told about Brayden Cook being gettable if the price is right. Probably matches up with those McHenry rumours too. Sounds like we'll offer up a current non-22 player if it gets us a 2nd in return, so that could include Sholl and Berry as well.

Sounds like we may go for pure volume in a trade and maybe try and keep one of our picks in the 20's too?

Like do something like
Pick 24
Shane McAdam comp
Tom Doedee comp
Trade value from a outside 22 guy

And that leaves us with 4, 9 and 21.

Would be great if we could pull it off but I can't see it. I do think Reid is good at picks picks swaps so who knows.

Hearing we're trying to move to pick 4 without using our first rounder might match up with what I was told about Brayden Cook being gettable if the price is right. Probably matches up with those McHenry rumours too. Sounds like we'll offer up a current non-22 player if it gets us a 2nd in return, so that could include Sholl and Berry as well.

Sounds like we may go for pure volume in a trade and maybe try and keep one of our picks in the 20's too?

Like do something like
Pick 24
Shane McAdam comp
Tom Doedee comp
Trade value from a outside 22 guy

And that leaves us with 4, 9 and 21.
Don't see why Gold Coast would do that: they don't need that many points, they'd be wanting a couple of those and a f1

Don't see why Gold Coast would do that: they don't need that many points, they'd be wanting a couple of those and a f1

Not sure GC will be pushing too hard for a 2024/1 given Lombard could well go top 10.

Carlton, Brisbane, Sydney, Gold Coast and us all with 2024 F/S and Academy picks with first round potential.

Anything new in here, anyone who can access?

Doedee race heats up
Collingwood and Brisbane continue to push hard to secure the signature of Adelaide free agent Tom Doedee ahead of free agency opening on Friday.
The Lions are considered favourites but Nathan Murphy’s latest concussion in the grand final – with Jeremy Howe 33 – is another reminder to the Pies about their need for another key-position defender.
Clubs believe his asking price could be as high as five years at $600,000 a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee is almost creeping up to band two compensation level ...

I don't think he's there yet. He is about Karl Amon level now, who was band 3 - though he WAS a year older ...

Hold on, you just agreed re Rach, sure you’re not taking a swipe at Burgess? Unreal, normally I expect contradiction among your posts, not within them.

Anyway, reality is that peak fitness is limited by physiological factors. There might be a reason he wasn’t a gun midfielder prior to being drafted. Spending elite mid draft collateral on a small forward hoping they can become a full time mid carries increased risk. You don’t have to be that smart to understand this.
Firstly, you thought the convo was about Rachele, when in fact it was Rankine

Secondly, it was you who raised our player management ......and by extension Burgess around what you stated was a poor tank by Rankine, which I had dispelled

So ol matey, lets not go down the contradiction or comprehension path, of pointing the finger at others ....

does he? Why is he gassed half way through a season then? The mids recruited around him in his draft seem capable of running out a season primarily in midfield roles. Maybe we're just unlucky or are elite when it comes to player management. Clubs like Hawks, GWS, Port or Pies are just amateurs compared to us. I can smell their envy from here.

Anything new in here, anyone who can access?

It's funny Ralph is calling Doedee a key position player... but I'm not complaining.

Firstly, you thought the convo was about Rachele, when in fact it was Rankine

Secondly, it was you who raised our player management ......and by extension Burgess around what you stated was a poor tank by Rankine, which I had dispelled

So ol matey, lets not go down the contradiction or comprehension path, of pointing the finger at others ....
Surely by now you realise whom you are conversing with...

I hope the Crows win the race for Doedee
He's as good as gone.

I'm now more concerned with a decent compensation pick & trading in some players with experience.

I mean..he could be breaching trade practices act by trying that on...but buyer beware i say
Mind you Nicks can claim to have used Doedee as a key position player... when he was usually at his worst!

Borlase is cheap, we have him.

Burgess is also good depth at both ends (and can pinch hit Ruck) plug and play and is likely to be cheap. An upgrade on Hberg imo.

Unless us and GC fail to agree on a trade, Burgess is coming home. Pretty good source on this.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
On the "gettable" podcast, the impression I was left with was ....Burgess to the Crows was a fait accompli

On the "gettable" podcast, the impression I was left with was ....Burgess to the Crows was a fait accompli
Hope so as imo as good depth who likely will play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back