Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Big Footy at trade time…

Bickering members.

In the knows who never get it right.

Big fish that never eventuate.

Knowing that Trade Radio is playing on someone’s radio somewhere.

Complaining about Trade Radio whilst repeatedly quoting Trade Radio.

PlayStation trades ad nauseum.

The constant game of ‘Who’s Alex?”.

Trying to figure out who the posters are who changed their names since my last visit.

What a time to be alive. No wonder I keep coming back.

Stockholm Syndrome

How funny would it be if we all buried the hatchet/revealed our identities over a beer. I wonder if any team boards have tried such a courageous move. I’d happily show my face.
Forget Mods, we would need the police for a meet up.:think:

Can you imagine there would be some in here prepared to settle a score? :oops:

I saw this...and it begs an obvious question or 3..but how are North getting our pick 20 in that scenario?..my guess is that Cooney has no idea who has what picks and felt the vibes of a structure and just wrote it down

Eagles could easily get Picks 2,3 and 15 for Pick 1.

We were prepared to pay three 1sts for JHF.

I saw this...and it begs an obvious question or 3..but how are North getting our pick 20 in that scenario?..my guess is that Cooney has no idea who has what picks and felt the vibes of a structure and just wrote it down

Not part of their early Christmas gifts from the AFL?

The League confirmed North Melbourne will receive the following:

• One end-of-first round selection in the 2023 AFL Draft (currently pick 19)

Our pick 20 has already been pushed back a place due to the VFL charity pick being handed out.

Wanna bet...this is the VFL you are talking about
On cue

Ben McKay’s December birth date as the baby of his draft class will deliver North Melbourne a huge advantage in securing first-round compensation for the departing free agent.
Essendon on Monday had been uncertain whether their offer for Roos interceptor McKay would be big enough to secure that coveted first-round pick.

The Essendon offer of at least five years is less than $800,000 a season in guaranteed money, with the Dons uncertain about the threshold for first-round compensation.

If the compensation did not reach that first-round marker, the Roos had made public their determination to match the free agency offer and retain McKay.

But this masthead can reveal the age of a departing free agent is a critical element in deciding what compensation their club receives.

As a player born on December 24, 1997 (with twin Harry), McKay fits into the window as a 25-year-old departing free agent by less than two months on the league’s October 31 cut-off.

Under the AFL’s formula, a 25-year-old free agent requires a lesser salary to tick off first-round compensation than a 26-year-old or even 27-year-old.

So, as a 25-year-old, a guaranteed contract of $775,000 might be enough to tick off first-round compensation, whereas for a 26-year-old that threshold might have been $800,000 and a 27-year-old $850,000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VFL will reward North for not tanking that final H&A game and give them Pick 3 for McKay, at the end of the day from a mathematical perspective, the formula for compensation has one of likely few subjective variables in the equation which cannot be measured, determined or challenged. Its the only reason why the VFL dont disclose it fully.

For simplicity, if X is that variable that allows the VFL do as it pleases depending on how they feel.

Nobody was after Sloane or Boak

1 club told one to wait till after the season ended , 1 club blinked

Blink Omg GIF

The Crows

Essendon are paying him over $700k?

Makes him one of the highest paid defenders in the league.

That is poor list management.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Which as much as Essendon scream they have a "war chest" adding $780K a year McKay and $650-700K (guessing, could likely be more I don't think I have seen a number for him yet) Gresham that will eat a fair chunk into that.

No wonder they are trying to offload Shiel in this period.

I am astonished anyone thought that the AFL WOULDN'T manipulate it to their desired outcome of pick 3
I just thought Essendon would have decided to fork out a shit load in bad list management to not need a manipulation.

But a 26 year old can be a 25 year old because the AFL year isn't the same as the year that everyone else follows.

Which as much as Essendon scream they have a "war chest" adding $780K a year McKay and $650-700K (guessing, could likely be more I don't think I have seen a number for him yet) Gresham that will eat a fair chunk into that.

No wonder they are trying to offload Shiel in this period.
I doubt they are paying him that much. Makes no sense.

Media running with it to help the AFL script to give Norf pick 3.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back