Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing to suggest it's us or any team for that matter but would be a handy midfielder I guess if we could get our ducks in a row.

Straight swap for McAdam? :drunk::cool:

I'd want a pick too...

Oliver would instantly make us a GF contender.

His ability to handball the football in heavy traffic in a manner that perfectly releases a team mate into open space is league leading.. in fact I’d go as far as saying he’s the best at it that I’ve seen in 40 or more years of watching footy..

The thought of him doing those handballs out of heavy midfield traffic to release a Dawson or Rankine or Rachele or Pedlar would give opposition coaches nightmares..

Yes but we would end up with a rotation of laird oliver and crouch!

I just thought Essendon would have decided to fork out a s**t load in bad list management to not need a manipulation.

But a 26 year old can be a 25 year old because the AFL year isn't the same as the year that everyone else follows.

So is the magical October date used consistently with draft eligibility? If not then definitely purely made up.

The rumour is that the only person with a bigger drug problem than Oliver at Melbourne is Goodwin

It's been floating around for quite a while

A mate of mine sent me a link to a Collingwood forum (Extreme Black & White) where I first saw it pop up

I think this was before all his time out from a 'hamstring injury' and rumours of rehab this year

Caveat emptor

As if Melbourne would willingly trade Oliver and he's contracted to 2030.

Smells like a bullshit rumour to drive clicks and listens to Trade Radio
Yes .. sounds like they've pulled straight it off of the Trade thread on the Melbourne board

They were discussing / arguing about it quite a bit last week

His ability to handball the football in heavy traffic in a manner that perfectly releases a team mate into open space is league leading.. in fact I’d go as far as saying he’s the best at it that I’ve seen in 40 or more years of watching footy..

The thought of him doing those handballs out of heavy midfield traffic to release a Dawson or Rankine or Rachele or Pedlar would give opposition coaches nightmares..
Oliver would suddenly begin getting called for throwing if he played for us.

The rumour is that the only person with a bigger drug problem than Oliver at Melbourne is Goodwin

A mate of mine sent me a link to a Collingwood forum (Extreme Black & White) where I first saw it pop up

I think this was before all his time out from a 'hamstring injury' and rumours of rehab this year

Caveat emptor
I can't see it at all

fvwlw5s9jqi31.jpg

Caveat emptor
They both have the same look about them

Caveat emptor
This was to do with his extended time out this year with an "injury". Many suggesting it was more to do with a second or third strike? Who knows. Having a coach who is happy to snort lines with the lads is not all that healthy surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane was signed prior to round 23, on August 15. That is almost a month after Redman was signed. It's also OBVIOUSLY late in the season, following a lot of discussion. Was he in the media whinging a couple of month's earlier? You're saying he's a whinger? I don't remember anything other than him answering questions that he was asked.

You have no idea what the discussions were with Sloane, so don't pretend you do. It's shows a complete lack of common sense to think there weren't a series of conversations that outlined our expectations.

From Crows remain coy on whether Rory Sloane will play on in 2024:

"Adelaide Head of Football Adam Kelly said they remained in discussions with the former club captain about his role beyond 2023.

“Look, it’s something that we’re working through,” Kelly told SEN Breakfast.

“We’re in discussions at the moment with Sloane about moving forward and we couldn’t have been more impressed with the way he’s gone about it.”

Following the interview, Gerard Whateley wasn’t convinced the Crows currently want Sloane to play on next season.

“It didn’t really sound like Rory Sloane was going on again next year, did it?” Whateley said.

To which former Adelaide star Josh Jenkins added: “It sounds like he’s keen to go on and they’re a little unsure.”

So, is your only counter to there being an ACTUAL source is to insult them? That is an actual source! Not just the voices in someone's head.

And to compare someone who has no bias and is just passing on through their own media channels what they've heard with Sloane's talking points at a press conference is ridiculous.

You were expecting Sloane to announce that he was retiring after 2024 at that press conference? What were you actually expecting him to say? Were you expecting him to apologise for signing the contract because he knows he's cooked?

I'm going to try and not be like the absolute nuffies on here who are hijacking every thread with constant complaints about Sloane. If he's on the wing or getting a lot of midfield time, I'm going to be disappointed. I have an open mind to him having a role as a flanker, if he's delivering. I'm expecting to see him next year be close to what Boak was this year, and reasonably consistently acting as a sub, and rolling back to the SANFL when we have a full squad.

That's my narrative. I can't wait for yours to be constant complaints and whinging about whatever happens.

So nothing there about minimum chips or playing majority in SANFL

So you are lying then

Caveat emptor

They signed him up about a year ago, so unless he suddenly started doing bulk drugs it's either BS or Melbourne know, don't care and signed him anyway.

Neither situation would lead to a trade

Sloane was signed prior to round 23, on August 15. That is almost a month after Redman was signed. It's also OBVIOUSLY late in the season, following a lot of discussion. Was he in the media whinging a couple of month's earlier? You're saying he's a whinger? I don't remember anything other than him answering questions that he was asked.

You have no idea what the discussions were with Sloane, so don't pretend you do. It's shows a complete lack of common sense to think there weren't a series of conversations that outlined our expectations.

From Crows remain coy on whether Rory Sloane will play on in 2024:

"Adelaide Head of Football Adam Kelly said they remained in discussions with the former club captain about his role beyond 2023.

“Look, it’s something that we’re working through,” Kelly told SEN Breakfast.

“We’re in discussions at the moment with Sloane about moving forward and we couldn’t have been more impressed with the way he’s gone about it.”

Following the interview, Gerard Whateley wasn’t convinced the Crows currently want Sloane to play on next season.

“It didn’t really sound like Rory Sloane was going on again next year, did it?” Whateley said.

To which former Adelaide star Josh Jenkins added: “It sounds like he’s keen to go on and they’re a little unsure.”

So, is your only counter to there being an ACTUAL source is to insult them? That is an actual source! Not just the voices in someone's head.

And to compare someone who has no bias and is just passing on through their own media channels what they've heard with Sloane's talking points at a press conference is ridiculous.

You were expecting Sloane to announce that he was retiring after 2024 at that press conference? What were you actually expecting him to say? Were you expecting him to apologise for signing the contract because he knows he's cooked?

I'm going to try and not be like the absolute nuffies on here who are hijacking every thread with constant complaints about Sloane. If he's on the wing or getting a lot of midfield time, I'm going to be disappointed. I have an open mind to him having a role as a flanker, if he's delivering. I'm expecting to see him next year be close to what Boak was this year, and reasonably consistently acting as a sub, and rolling back to the SANFL when we have a full squad.

That's my narrative. I can't wait for yours to be constant complaints and whinging about whatever happens.

I wonder if your posts would be shorter if you changed your name to Leastyn

Greg Williams says hello

Clayton Oliver comes across as a massive figjam. Interstate figjams don’t want to live in Adelaide.

Likelihood of Oliver playing for Crows at about 0.1%.

Can rise to 5-10% if rumours of being a drug fiend are true and he needs a change of environment.

When we factor in Adelaide’s good boys only policy, that percentage drops back down to 0.1%.

This was to do with his extended time out this year with an "injury". Many suggesting it was more to do with a second or third strike? Who knows. Having a coach who is happy to snort lines with the lads is not all that healthy surely?
Scary thing is some posters here would welcome Goodwin back with open arms

I am more hesitant to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back