Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver would instantly make us a GF contender.

His ability to handball the football in heavy traffic in a manner that perfectly releases a team mate into open space is league leading.. in fact I’d go as far as saying he’s the best at it that I’ve seen in 40 or more years of watching footy..

The thought of him doing those handballs out of heavy midfield traffic to release a Dawson or Rankine or Rachele or Pedlar would give opposition coaches nightmares..

We'd have to trade Dawson or Rankine or Rachele or Pedlar or some combination of those players to get the currency to trade for Oliver

Even if we handed over all the picks we have, it wouldn't be enough

Clayton Oliver comes across as a massive figjam. Interstate figjams don’t want to live in Adelaide.

Likelihood of Oliver playing for Crows at about 0.1%.

Can rise to 5-10% if rumours of being a drug fiend are true and he needs a change of environment.

When we factor in Adelaide’s good boys only policy, that percentage drops back down to 0.1%.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

*well aware this is not happening

Think the opposite could be true

He’s not making a decision because he can’t get an offer he likes
or he's not getting it from the right clubs, the rumored offer from brisbane sounds.

i have a feeling he was planning to either move back to vic or stay here, as little interest in moving to brisbane, but theyre the ones withe biggest offer.

These sorts of Oliver rumours are largely BS, but they can weasel word their way around it to say it's fact

Team 1: Interested in trading Clayton Oliver?
Melbourne: Zero interest
Team 1: OK, had to ask

That then gets reported as "Team makes stunning move for Premiership winning superstar Clayton Oliver"

I thought this was a parody when I first read it to take the piss of the AFL and their secret compo rules. But I just looked online and realised this was actually a real story. It is just laughable how the AFL change their own rules to make sure they get what they want, which is making sure North get Pick 3.

Next you will hear that the AFL have a clause in their compensation guidelines that any player that has an identical twin who plays for Carlton automatically gets graded as a band 1 compensation.

Love to know how they could announce that. Wouldn't he need to go into a draft?

Toby Murray
Position: Ruck/Forward
State: NSW-ACT
State League Club: Murray Bushrangers
Community Club: Wangaratta Rovers
Date of Birth: 03/11/03
Height: 200cm
Weight: 94kg
My guess just like brother Nick as a SSP signing after he trains with us over summer.

or he's not getting it from the right clubs, the rumored offer from brisbane sounds.

i have a feeling he was planning to either move back to vic or stay here, as little interest in moving to brisbane, but theyre the ones withe biggest offer.
He did spend some time in Queensland after his surgery before he got stuck into his rehab back here so I think there's been a bit going on with Brisbane for some time.

Media speculation.

He is not that good.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Obviously he's not that good.

But he's offering something that multiple clubs want. That's how a market works.

Are all the media reports accurate? I don't know, but just thinking "he doesn't deserve it" doesn't seem like a reason it wouldn't be true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought this was a parody when I first read it to take the piss of the AFL and their secret compo rules. But I just looked online and realised this was actually a real story. It is just laughable how the AFL change their own rules to make sure they get what they want, which is making sure North get Pick 3.

Next you will hear that the AFL have a clause in their compensation guidelines that any player that has an identical twin who plays for Carlton automatically gets graded as a band 1 compensation.
I wish I got paid for making that up.

My 20,000-odd posts on here would be worth something finally

Clayton Oliver comes across as a massive figjam. Interstate figjams don’t want to live in Adelaide.

Can rise to 5-10% if rumours of being a drug fiend are true and he needs a change of environment.

When we factor in Adelaide’s good boys only policy, that percentage drops back down to 0.1%.
fwiw Clarry's brother was going to uni in Adelaide, not sure if he's still here

We'd have to trade Dawson or Rankine or Rachele or Pedlar or some combination of those players to get the currency to trade for Oliver

Even if we handed over all the picks we have, it wouldn't be enough

i think pick 9 and our 2023 first would be in the ball park,

Especially if it put Melbourne in a position where they were able to flip 5 and 9 to WCE for Pick 1.

Given SYD have the greatest need for a Doedee type player .....you have to wonder why they pulled out .....maybe the medical testing replicated the Crows POV ?
The band 1 compensation the brisbane and collingwood offers would trigger was too much hopefully.....

I would take a figjam of oliver's ability any day of the week. Why not have a crack if oliver/the dees are open to offers....

i think pick 9 and our 2023 first would be in the ball park,

Especially if it put Melbourne in a position where they were able to flip 5 and 9 to WCE for Pick 1.

If we had Clayton Oliver on our list contracted for 7 more years and were in our premiership window, would you trade him for pick 9 and a 2024 first?

If we had Clayton Oliver on our list and were in our premiership window, would you trade him for pick 9 and a 2024 first?
If it meant we could get Harley Reid as a result of that trade, then yes.

Especially more so if those "rumours" are true about his off field activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back