Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to add a yellow stripe to their guernsey.
Basically what we did to Norwood.

You sound like you have never seen the mighty legs guernsey ?

Here’s a pic of Pedlar I mocked up to help …

73debba198b154d8656cb6da852cf0f5.jpg

I broke and listened to trade radio (Don't judge me).

Adelaide mentioned on repeat as a primary club in the Oliver sweepstakes.

I think it's fair to assume there's smoke now
I don't think we should get too carried away here. This just seems like a brilliant attempt by the VIC media to drum up interest in a very boring trade period. They have succeeded wildy, if this board is anything to go by.

Let's face it, there's nothing direct to suggest either that Melbourne want to get rid of him, or that he wants to get rid of Melbourne.
Until that, cool the horses.

I'm happy to park Petty acquisition if it means Oliver.
See how Butts, Keane and Murray go before deciding if we need to upgrade.

Melbourne leaking our "interest" in Oliver so when they eventually let Petty go to us this season instead, it's seen as a win.

POTENTIAL OLIVER SUITORS — AND WHAT THEY COULD OFFER

As aforementioned, a lot has to play out before we officially get to this stage. But the fact the Dees have already fielded calls means there’s belief from rivals they can do an Oliver deal.

One club that would make sense for both them and Oliver would be Adelaide — a club that almost played finals ahead of external expectations this year that needs a star inside midfielder and has a fitness boss who could help Oliver out.

The Crows under coach Matthew Nicks made significant inroads in 2023, finishing 10th with an 11-12 record but a percentage of 116.8 — the fourth-best in the competition. Yet they were also a mid-table team for clearances and contested possessions, while they were 14th for opposition points from clearance.

The Crows’ forward line is stacked and their defence is young but emerging, but Oliver feels like he would complement the on-ball brigade of skipper Jordan Dawson, Matt Crouch and Rory Laird.

Adelaide also holds Pick 9, so could package that selection with its future first — and maybe a player too — for Oliver.

Something that hasnt be explored or questioned yet, I would want to know how many strikes for taking drugs that a player has had before we traded heavy for him.

Im fine for selling the farm, but we need to know the worst case scenarios here.

Something that hasnt be explored or questioned yet, I would want to know how many strikes for taking drugs that a player has had before we traded heavy for him.

Im fine for selling the farm, but we need to know the worst case scenarios here.
A club in their premiership window doesn't walk away from a player like Oliver for no reason...

I think there has to be smoke around pick 4, Burgess and Chol.
Then some kind of package for Oliver, and Dee's to acquire pick 1.
The Dees will not get pick 1. WC are on record as saying that they are keeping it unless there is a ridiculous offer: that won't include pick 4.

Really, only North could make the ridiculous offer that would satisfy WC, and also Hawthorn are prepared to offer pick 3+, so there are two more ridiculous offers out there than available from Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A club in their premiership window doesn't walk away from a player like Oliver for no reason...
depends if they're walking away or being pushed away. Maybe oliver just doesn't want melbourne anymore

I broke and listened to trade radio (Don't judge me).

Adelaide mentioned on repeat as a primary club in the Oliver sweepstakes.

I think it's fair to assume there's smoke now
Is the smoke just going to blow up in our faces again though?

I doubt the AFL would suspend Oliver for taking drugs. After all, the elite are held to a lower standard of off-field behavior then the nobodies.

It might come to bite in his last year, but well, we're probably out of our main contention window anyway.

it couldn't possibly happen, surely? It never happens to us, one of the best in the game wanted to come to the little old crowies.
When has an interstate super star requested a trade to either SA clubs beside a cooked Carey a few decades ago? That would be the biggest challenge.

POTENTIAL OLIVER SUITORS — AND WHAT THEY COULD OFFER

As aforementioned, a lot has to play out before we officially get to this stage. But the fact the Dees have already fielded calls means there’s belief from rivals they can do an Oliver deal.

One club that would make sense for both them and Oliver would be Adelaide — a club that almost played finals ahead of external expectations this year that needs a star inside midfielder and has a fitness boss who could help Oliver out.

The Crows under coach Matthew Nicks made significant inroads in 2023, finishing 10th with an 11-12 record but a percentage of 116.8 — the fourth-best in the competition. Yet they were also a mid-table team for clearances and contested possessions, while they were 14th for opposition points from clearance.

The Crows’ forward line is stacked and their defence is young but emerging, but Oliver feels like he would complement the on-ball brigade of skipper Jordan Dawson, Matt Crouch and Rory Laird.

Adelaide also holds Pick 9, so could package that selection with its future first — and maybe a player too — for Oliver.

I loved this sentence in that article:

Geelong is also disciplined with its salary cap spending and generally has funds to use...

Yes, we've noticed this, haven't we?

Not sure if mentioned, been lots of posts I haven't been able to catch up - but a guy at works reckons Oliver got an infection after giving himself a dodgy tattoo on his foot which was half the reason he was out for so long and when Melbourne told him to pull his finger or ship out he's said 'ok seeya'

Just what I was told - 🤷

I can't believe I'm so meh about Doedee leaving when like 2 years ago he was out next Captain in waiting. Worrell exploding in the scene has helped remarkably
Hinge turning into a quality player has also helped, as he’s also a good interceptor if needed down there and obviously provides way better attack off half back. Even Keane coming in has helped in this regard. Doedee is a decent player, but after two knees and depth in his area on our list, there just wasn’t the need for us to offer any over the top contract to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back