Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not trading McAdam and Gollant.

If that's what it takes to get Oliver, you better believe we'll trade both.

Heck, we've shown in the past we don't even think of Gollant as a guy who can replace McAdam.

I'd want to be certain his best years are still very much in front of him physically.

We've seen how innocuous injuries can in some cases lead to a very quick decline.

I don't think this is the case, but that's the due diligence I would be doing.

If all is good, I'd be saying come be the player we build our team around. As long as you perform on the field, you can do whatever the f@#$ you want off it, just try and keep out of the media if you can. Whatever happens we will back you in, but may need to play it up a little to satisfy the sponsors. This will only be in the public domain, but in private we couldn't care less, just play your best football on the field and be a leading part of creating a winning football team.

You would think Oilver would get a big say where he goes?
Usually once they decide to go they’ve made their kind up where and it’s not an auction all over the country.
Which is why we need to be pissing in his ear hard. I’d be open to upping his salary to get this across the line.* Once he selects us, the game is halfway over. What’s another 100k really worth if it buys us access to such a rare talent? The opportunity is too good to pass up, or we could give it to Murph instead.**

*DD being satisfied and all that stuff.
** <3 you Murph

I still dont think the dees will trade him but…

I am utterly dumbfounded that there are still posters here that are umming and ahhhring over 1)the cost and 2)whether Oliver is worth chasing cause there is possibly a couple of off field issues behind the scenes..

Seriously you dickheads!!!!.. he’s a top 5 player in the comp with still 5 years of prime footy in him… and a midfielder to boot!

Give them mcadam and every single one of our picks this year and next year ffs!..

We have the most powerful forward line in the comp..

Dawson, Oliver and a rotation of rankine/rachele/pedlar feeding it and we’ll be instantly in GF contention.

And people are still timidly questioning it?..

ALL THE FXXK IN MUTHERFXXKERS.

If that deal for JHF went through…

We’d have missed out on Rachele..

But we’d still have rankine and dawson. They were never going anywhere else other than the crows.

Deals would have been made in the end and the suns and swans wouldve just had to accept the best we could give them.

But thank fxxk that deal didnt go through cause JHF is a lazy flog who, if he doesnt pull his finger out and start putting in, will not be the player he can be. And I reckon in the wash up Rachele will end up being the better player.

Oliver, however, is one of the comps best players that is having a bit of a “stumble” in life at the moment by the sounds of it (like all of us have had at least once or twice in life)..

If Oliver wanted out of the dees and melbourne and looked west to burgess and the crows.. then the crows should move fxxkn mountains.

If the blokes in charge at the club dont.. then its clear they arent the right people for the job.
I think getting Oliver will involve a hard decision by us. I think Melbourne are lacking forwards and we're the highest scoring team in the league.
This deal might cost us TT or Fog. Hard as it will be, it'll still be worth it.

I am utterly dumbfounded that there are still posters here that are umming and ahhhring over 1)the cost and 2)whether Oliver is worth chasing cause there is possibly a couple of off field issues behind the scenes..

Seriously you dickheads!!!!.. he’s a top 5 player in the comp with still 5 years of prime footy in him… and a midfielder to boot!

Give them mcadam and every single one of our picks this year and next year ffs!..

Dawson, Oliver and a rotation of rankine/rachele/pedlar feeding it and we’ll be instantly in GF contention.

I think most are wary as we don’t usually attempt this.

I agree with you this makes us better but the audacity of it screams everything other than what we have known the Crows to be recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard whispers about this last week, but thought it was total BS. I'm still doubtful, but the whole footy world is talking about it now, so I might as well add what I heard... Nicks & Burgess both had multiple conversations with Oliver during the past month. Burgess very keen, knows Oliver well and has been the one driving this from the Crows side. Oliver very interested.

Given SYD have the greatest need for a Doedee type player .....you have to wonder why they pulled out .....maybe the medical testing replicated the Crows POV ?
They didn’t pull out

Doedee decided on brisbane a while back and told Sydney , then was just ‘dotting i’s and crossing t’s’ last few days

I heard whispers about this last week, but thought it was total BS. I'm still doubtful, but the whole footy world is talking about it now, so I might as well add what I heard... Nicks & Burgess both had multiple conversations with Oliver during the past month. Burgess very keen, knows Oliver well and has been the one driving this from the Crows side. Oliver very interested.
I can’t remember if you’re reliable or not lol

He won’t play at Melbourne next year IMO

But whether he plays for us is another matter , at least we are in with some chance , bit of backgrounding and due diligence to do

Burgess is a very determined man and if he’s driving it then look out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back