Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Doedee gets us band 2, and GC get 10 from the Dogs

Adel get: Oliver, Burgess, 34
Adel give: McAdam, 9, 20 (TD), 22, Adel F1

Melb get: 9, 10, Adel F1, McAdam
Melb give: Oliver, 34

GC get: 20, 22
GC give: 10, Burgess
Think Dees would want pick 4 to package with 5 to land pick 1.

Just spitballing

Crows ins: Oliver, Choi, Burgess
Crows outs: McAdam, 9, Doedee compo (2nd round), 21, 24, F1

Dees ins: McAdam, 4, 9
Dees outs: Oliver, 25

Suns ins: Doedee 2nd round compo, 21, 24, 25, Crows F1
Suns outs: Burgess, Choi, 4

If Doedee gets us band 2, and GC get 10 from the Dogs

Adel get: Oliver, Burgess, 34
Adel give: McAdam, 9, 20 (TD), 22, Adel F1

Melb get: 9, 10, Adel F1, McAdam
Melb give: Oliver, 34

GC get: 20, 22
GC give: 10, Burgess

Forget the Bulldogs. They're going to find themselves on the outer here. Melb need pick 4, they don't want pick 10.

Ade want Oliver, Melb want Reid, WC want picks 4, 5, 9 etc, GC want a future first and points this year. They are all going to win in this mega trade, Bulldogs won't be part of this.

Melb, Ade and WC will work together to get that pick 4.

In my opinion 😄

Poor Matt Crouch.
Gets dumped. Works his butt off. Gets an opportunity, makes the most of it, gets a new contract.
Then Clayton Oliver (possibly) moves to the Crows.
Does Crouch then get traded? I can't see Crouch and Oliver in the same midfield.

I think the one saving grace Matt Crouch has is we really didn't like giving him gametime, seeing we'd sit him for 30% of the game in the backend of the year.

That might mean we could force a Crouch, Oliver and Laird partnership for a couple of years. We probably need Rachele to step up as well as a partner to Crouchs minutes.

Forget the Bulldogs. They're going to find themselves on the outer here. Melb need pick 4, they don't want pick 10.

Ade want Oliver, Melb want Reid, WC want picks 4, 5, 9 etc, GC want a future first and points this year. They are all going to win in this mega trace, Bulldogs won't be part of this.

In my opinion 😄
**** I hope you’re right 😂

Looking at the timeline… Maybe, just maybe… Redman staying at The Dons wasnt really Redman‘s choice?..

maybe we went cold on Redman.. he took the hint.. and stayed at the bombers.

this all went down around the same that Oliver, if the rumours are true, was injured and has apparently reached out to Darren Burgess for help and, at the same time, probably vented his frustrations with the Demon’s club doctors/fitness staff etc to Darren..

Burgess informs the crows that Clarry aint happy and could be gettable.. so we went cold on Redman, saving us a $750k a year spend, and started putting all our focus and energy onto Oliver knowing we may be able to pry him loose..

i love this speculation shit!

Ade want Oliver, Melb want Reid, WC want picks 4, 5, 9 etc, GC want a future first and points this year. They are all going to win in this mega trace, Bulldogs won't be part of this.

In my opinion 😄

Next minute,Oliver lands at the Dogs.
Imagine an Oliver/Bont combo.

In my opinion 😄
Justin Reid if you're out there.... pull this whole thing off please. Make a name for yourself!!

I think Reid getting to Melbourne is likely the only way we will get Oliver unless his "ïssues" are that diabolical they desperately want him out and aren't wanting to keep him under any circumstances. Melbourne have made no secret they were keen to move up from their current pick 5 long before this and Reid had to be their target.

I agree with all this. That means convincing West Coast and the Kangaroo's? Anyone else?

I think the one saving grace Matt Crouch has is we really didn't like giving him gametime, seeing we'd sit him for 30% of the game in the backend of the year.

That might mean we could force a Crouch, Oliver and Laird partnership for a couple of years. We probably need Rachele to step up as well.
The midfield mix for the Pies this year was mainly Pendles, De Goey, N Daicos, Mitchell and Adams, with guys like Crisp and J Daicos getting bits and pieces of CBA time

When roughly taking into account play styles:
Pendles = Dawson
JDG = Oliver
Daicos = Rachele
Mitchell = Crouch
Adams = Laird

Maybe Soligo, Jones and Pedlar could get some occasional time in there to, a la Crisp/J Daicos

Our five stacks up pretty well, in regards to overall balance

This trade will happen, it's the cost that might hurt. High performance player coming in on huge $$$. Teammates going out to accommodate. I trust that Reid is doing his 'due diligence' here. We MAY lose Pedlar. In fact i will go insofar as to say we will LOSE Pedlar.

I am not sure who has the biggest upside here.

I would rather keep Pedlar. My opinion only.

FWIW

I was told by a Melbourne colleague late this afternoon who is mates with a Melbourne player who told him that Oliver's exit meeting devolved into a yelling match and he stormed out. No reason for the guy to bullshit to me either.

I think it was reported he was late, not sure if this bit has though.
I've read somewhere else here he arrived around 30 minutes late for his meeting. And he was straight in from a night out. Some of coaches had left.

No idea whether or not this is true

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lever was traded for 2 first round picks.

If I’m Melb, I’m asking for 3 first round (equivalent) picks + McAdam.
3 first round picks and Mcadam for Oliver would probably make this the biggest value trade in AFL history. I'd want enough spare change coming back for next year's draft points wise to land Michalanney at a minimum.

This trade will happen, it's the cost that might hurt. High performance player coming in on huge $$$. Teammates going out to accommodate. I trust that Reid is doing his 'due diligence' here. We MAY lose Pedlar. In fact i will go insofar as to say we will LOSE Pedlar.

Why the heck would we lose Pedlar?

Why?

The midfield mix for the Pies this year was mainly Pendles, De Goey, N Daicos, Mitchell and Adams, with guys like Crisp and J Daicos getting bits and pieces of CBA time

When roughly taking into account play styles:
Pendles = Dawson
JDG = Oliver
Daicos = Rachele
Mitchell = Crouch
Adams = Laird

Maybe Soligo, Jones and Pedlar could get some occasional time in there to, a la Crisp/J Daicos

Our five stacks up pretty well, in regards to overall balance
Rachele, Pedlar rotate half forward, Soligo wing, Laird half back and the rest are locked into midfield?

H

ow do we lose Pedlar?..

I've read elsewhere else here he arrived around 30 minutes late for his meeting. And he was straight in from a night out. Some of coaches had left.

No idea whether or not this is true
Those feet weren’t going to tattoo themselves.

I’m expecting the board to come out and rebuff all reports “not under any circumstances!, posturing” etc. While quietly going about their business with a club (Crows 🤞) in the background trying to nut out a deal, out of the media’s glare and clickbait interference.
Trade week starts and boom! Clayton changes his mind and wants to leave, Melbourne regretfully agree to part ways as long as the club of choice pony up… back and forth, back and forth…. Trade gets done as Dees need to try and get #1 pick.

Sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back