List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the years there’s been numerous instances where a player has sought to go to another club, but has insisted that his original club is well looked after.

I hope Jade and his management team are of this mindset.

Surely he’s not going to give us the bird

qtXects.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had a quick look back, and trades not getting done after a request is actually a surprisingly rare scenario across the league. However, there does seem to be one club this happens regularly with. No surprises who ...
  • Essendon got Bobby Hill to commit to them. Couldnt do the deal. He goes to Collingwood the following year
  • Essendon got Josh Dunkley to commit to them. Couldnt do the deal. He goes to Brisbane the following year
  • Essendon refuse to trade Joe Daniher after he requests out. He stays one more year, then walks to Brisbane
  • Essendon refuse to trade Orazio Fantasia after he requests out. He gets traded to Port right on the deadline 12 months later
  • The Shiel trade got done, but only after Essendon was forced into mediation and Dodo was overruled internally in the last few hours of the trade period
  • Pretty sure the Ryder trade to Port in 2014, and the Crameri trade to the Dogs in 2013, also went to mediation too
  • Back in the day Essendon also got Josh Caddy to commit to them but couldnt do a deal with GC. He went to Geelong the following year
As soon as Jade nominated Essendon, the club had to know Dodoro would be an A grade F**KWIT and there was a decent chance this would all fall over. Will be interesting to see what contingencies we may have planned

Last edited:
Dodoro may be peak flog, but at least he publicly pretends that every bozo on the list is required and important to them.

This shopping around half the list and not getting around Gresham early on was bound to end in tears.
Looks like it
At the minute we are looking very amateurish

Take the injured Shiel for Pick 13.

Absolutely buy that pick with zero expectations from Shiel. That is effectively buying a quality junior onto the list with 12 months more development than if we waited for a similar pick range player in 2024.

Take Shiel, busted and all.
He is on a 2 year deal

Reality check that the players we want to shop around or trade are not worth jack shit on the open market. Other clubs are only coming if they can get them for a throw away pick.

Not to mention the overpaid contracts of Billings and Howard probably mean we keep them both.

I still live in hope we can improve our draft hand.... and cut some dead weight.

Yeap this is fair. The way we shop our players has got to stop. It has never ended in us getting anything actually worth it.
Same when going the other way, the noise we made about Hill choosing us was deafening which destroyed our hand when it came time to deal.

We’re like a drunk teenager at the poker table constantly putting our cards the wrong way up, we wake up the next morning broke with a terrible hangover and no memory to help us do any better next time.

Yeap this is fair. The way we shop our players has got to stop. It has never ended in us getting anything actually worth it.
Who says any player has been shopped?

They all have managers, they all look around
1. Clark re signs
2. Howard quashes rumours about going saying contracted
3. Billing keen to look around but contracted
4. Steele. Silly internet rumour, only way him leaving was if he asked for a trade.
5. Coffield offered a 1 x 1 contract, fair deal, but got a better one
6. Manager told Saints not to offer looked at FA.

Not one 'shopped' around, it is a silly myth.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hearing my team has some ‘mild interest’ in Billings. Can I humbly request some intel?

I see he’s played very few seniors games over the last few years, is this due to injury or form?

If injury, is it something recurring or always something different?

What’s his best like these days, and when was the last time you saw it?

If you watch a bit of Collingwood, do you think he’d potentially add any value?

Sorry, a lot of questions to ask I know. All the best for the trade period and beyond.

EDIT: also struggles to pass the sniff test when the new league boss is involved in granting massive concessions to Norf when she was formerly AT Norf.
That’s actually just cheating.
Or corruption. Or both.

Stupid bloody Mickey Mouse competition is what it is.

Hearing my team has some ‘mild interest’ in Billings. Can I humbly request some intel?

I see he’s played very few seniors games over the last few years, is this due to injury or form?

Sorry, a lot of questions to ask I know. All the best for the trade period and beyond.
Broken leg and thumb this year

Been a long time since his best has been seen

Don’t know if he has the work ethic to run hard all day like your team does

Think slow WHE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who says any player has been shopped?

They all have managers, they all look around
1. Clark re signs
2. Howard quashes rumours about going saying contracted
3. Billing keen to look around but contracted
4. Steele. Silly internet rumour, only way him leaving was if he asked for a trade.
5. Coffield offered a 1 x 1 contract, fair deal, but got a better one
6. Manager told Saints not to offer looked at FA.

Not one 'shopped' around, it is a silly myth.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Relaxed Chill Out GIF by VH1

Reckon he would be a decent fit at the Pies. Sort of player who looks better in a good side.

Can't win his own ball, but has nice skills. Generally been pretty injury free before the last couple of years. Will he

Capable of wing or half forward. Would struggle to be starting 22 I imagine.

Hhhmmmm not an overly exciting proposition….

I do know he has fairly elite foot skills - has he ever been tried on a back flank setting up play, símilar to how we use Daics jnr at times?
Not that I can remember, wing and HF.

He played some pretty exciting footy for us early on, but unfortunately for both him and us his form has plateaued (some would say dropped significantly) and then has lost 2 years to injury so trade value is at an all time low.

Some fans think he's lazy but I highly doubt his GPS numbers back this up.

Would be an excellent fringe player for a good side like the pies or dees, would improve with some continuity. Maybe only one of Lipinski and Billings could play.

I'd like us to keep him but would be happy to see him playing good footy anywhere.

Broken leg and thumb this year

Been a long time since his best has been seen

Don’t know if he has the work ethic to run hard all day like your team does

When fit JB covers as much ground as anyone not named Brad Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I can remember, wing and HF.

He played some pretty exciting footy for us early on, but unfortunately for both him and us his form has plateaued (some would say dropped significantly) and then has lost 2 years to injury so trade value is at an all time low.

Some fans think he's lazy but I highly doubt his GPS numbers back this up.

Would be an excellent fringe player for a good side like the pies or dees, would improve with some continuity. Maybe only one of Lipinski and Billings could play.

I'd like us to keep him but would be happy to see him playing good footy anywhere.
Yeah I’ve been looking for reasons to get Lippa out of the team for a while now, perhaps Billings is my knight in shining armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back