List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
If we were to trade out of the 1st round, I'd be asking for the resignation of the Misson, SOS and Gubby. As it is the late teen picks will be lucky to still be in the teens.
I reckon they mustn't rate what is around our first pick.

For egg sample... If the kid at pick 14 is basically the same quality player as the kid at pick 25 then why not split 14 and use the other 20's pick to get Henry AND a similar quality kid?

Couple of days ago we were all giving each other hi fives because we were getting 13 now we are sooking it up over inequality 😂

Just another annual trade and draft thread by the looks of things
13 would have been great, but was always iffy whether we’d get it.

“Inside the top 40” for Gresham is flat out bullshit.

And I know it’s the way it works… but McKay netting Norf pick 3, on top of their concessions, when it seems Gresham isn’t likely to get us anything like that, is very disheartening.

As are the academy concessions for the northern sides.

I think that’s why people are getting grumpy about it.

EDIT: also struggles to pass the sniff test when the new league boss is involved in granting massive concessions to Norf when she was formerly AT Norf.

Last edited:

Over the years there’s been numerous instances where a player has sought to go to another club, but has insisted that his original club is well looked after.

I hope Jade and his management team are of this mindset.

Surely he’s not going to give us the bird

qtXects.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essendon just dropped like 800k a year on a key defender, just signed Goldstein, are supposedly chasing Duursma, have Shiel who they want to get off their books supposedly because of a heavily back ended contract, but they’re gonna threaten to send Gresham to the PSD with a heavily front ended contract?

I’m not sure they’ve got much of that war chest left after going hammer and tongs for a bunch of B graders and elderly folk.
Dodoro has overseen the worst 20 year span in the clubs history, why are we surprised? They're a poorly run club. I find it hard to believe that any player goes to Essendon for anything other than money.

If you want to play in finals and have the opportunity to win premierships, go to clubs that have just played in finals and premierships. Anything other than that is a cash grab and usually the really poorly run clubs will overpay and ultimately mismanage their players contracts.

Essendon either have no ambition of being a successful club or they are too inept to become one. It's a bad position to be in either way.

The fact that Dodoro has overseen the poorest era of the most successful club in the history of the league tells you all you need to know. They're more concerned about becoming celebrities than being successful. Why anyone would want to go there for anything other than a cash grab is totally beyond me.

Long may it continue.

Shiel was going to be a seperate deal?
Always, Gresham is a RFA, Sheil would have been a trade.

Even with pick 20 he could have been a trade with Essendon say picking up 50% of his salary, but considering he is so fragile that his baby daughter crash tackled him and he did his knee, and so the trade is kaput.

I reckon they mustn't rate what is around our first pick.

For egg sample... If the kid at pick 14 is basically the same quality player as the kid at pick 25 then why not split 14 and use the other 20's pick to get Henry AND a similar quality kid?
Thats very lacksadasicial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 40?

Bend over
Here it comes
I’m sorry but I’m not getting bent over for anyone and it turns my guts and questions my loyalty to watch my team just assume the position. I’d rather go down fighting and I’m sure many supporters feel the same, call the afl out, make some noise, what the hell is going on ?

Gotta be honest.
We're letting a player out the door and we are happy with pick 20? Which means he worth less than Doodee. Which after bids and all that s**t probably turns out to be pick 24/25.
We might hate Dildo but at least he's got some balls. We try to accommodate everyone and still get shafted.
But really is Gresham a first round draft pick , he is a good player but something in the late 20s would be his true worth.
If Crouch is on 600k a year , Gresham doesn't get close to his output - we will be lucky to get what the Crows got for Crouch.
He is 27 next year , was going to be dropped this year because his form was so bad and to top it off he battles to kick over 45m.
If he wants to go to the Bombers for 600k or a bit more it means he just wants out and most probably knows his position is under the pump and will most probably be playing at Sandringham.
He has lived a sheltered existence , hyped to be the next star for us but like Billings has turned out to be average at best.

I haven’t understood this whole Gresham thing since day 1. What kind of player do we think we’re going to get with pick 20-something? Real head scratcher.

Yes 2 different deals. Because one is a free agent. The other trade.

But both linked.

Can’t have one without the other
Take the injured Shiel for Pick 13.

Absolutely buy that pick with zero expectations from Shiel. That is effectively buying a quality junior onto the list with 12 months more development than if we waited for a similar pick range player in 2024.

Take Shiel, busted and all.

I haven’t understood this whole Gresham thing since day 1. What kind of player do we think we’re going to get with pick 20-something? Real head scratcher.
Dodoro may be peak flog, but at least he publicly pretends that every bozo on the list is required and important to them.

This shopping around half the list and not getting around Gresham early on was bound to end in tears.

Dodoro may be peak flog, but at least he publicly pretends that every bozo on the list is required and important to them.

This shopping around half the list and not getting around Gresham early on was bound to end in tears.

Yeap this is fair. The way we shop our players has got to stop. It has never ended in us getting anything actually worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back