2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Will snelling robbed there, round 18 was worth at least a vote if not 2.

I don't follow opposition teams too closely and didn't know much about Boyd until he stood out in Norwood's thrashing of the Eagles a couple of weeks ago, and now the Magarey. Not many get on top of Redden (including O'Brien and Strachan), but Boyd did on this occasion. He played like another midfielder.

Any reason why Adelaide didn't pick him up in the mid-season draft or would not go for him for a spot on our list for 2025, given our dire ruck state? Do they rule a line through if not over 200cm (I think he's 198cm)?

I don't follow opposition teams too closely and didn't know much about Boyd until he stood out in Norwood's thrashing of the Eagles a couple of weeks ago, and now the Magarey. Not many get on top of Redden (including O'Brien and Strachan), but Boyd did on this occasion. He played like another midfielder.

Any reason why Adelaide didn't pick him up in the mid-season draft or would not go for him for a spot on our list for 2025, given our dire ruck state? Do they rule a line through if not over 200cm (I think he's 198cm)?
I believe he’s the no 1 clearance player in the comp

Congratulations to Will and Harry both deserving of the Magarey.
Would also like to acknowledge Boyd’s speech, very classy.
It was very classy but did he miss thanking the sponsors of the Norwood footy club, maybe i missed it but they usually always give them a plug.

Didn't realise he averaged 10 clearances per game and had more than 200 hit outs more than any other ruck. Like snelling, had more disposals than any other player and more tackles. They really were the 2 standouts this year

Could Boyd be given a chance at AFL level? What attributes is he missing ( if any ) to make it ?
if you were going to be critical, his disposal efficiency isnt great with a lot of it being contested ball in close usually following up his ruck work. doesnt kick many goals but again, usually cos he rucks the whole game. probably a touch undersized compared to afl rucks. but with how clubs are just shuffling around reserve rucks these days i dont see the harm in a club chucking him on a rookie list and giving him a pre season and seeing how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you were going to be critical, his disposal efficiency isnt great with a lot of it being contested ball in close usually following up his ruck work. doesnt kick many goals but again, usually cos he rucks the whole game. probably a touch undersized compared to afl rucks. but with how clubs are just shuffling around reserve rucks these days i dont see the harm in a club chucking him on a rookie list and giving him a pre season and seeing how he goes.
I think the perception is he's too small to be an AFL ruck, and he's not quite good enough at anything else for ruck to be his second string.

Is that fair? Not sure, I've only watched him when he's played us.

I think the perception is he's too small to be an AFL ruck, and he's not quite good enough at anything else for ruck to be his second string.

Is that fair? Not sure, I've only watched him when he's played us.
Yeh too short but not too small. Its his strength that allows him to dominate at SANFL. Probably at AFL less likely to be able to do it. He played a lot forward when he came to us as we also recruted Michael Knoll who rucked at the time. Boyd mainly played ruck and CHB at Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back