2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game today, I thought the dogs wasted some real opportunities in the second quarter.

The dogs defenders let them down at times. Apparently 6 of the 11 glenelg goals to 3/4 time came from direct free kicks. Often the result of a panicked defender pushing or holding but a few Bays players exaggerated the contact.

Overall Gelenlg were a bit experienced and played the big moments better and too good. Its set up for a big GF.

Last edited:
When Grace doesn't fire they do struggle to kick a score, meanwhile down the other end Glenelg had far too many options.

Thommo won't be happy with how it ended but he's bringing the group along well. Still a few guys that probably aren't league standard but that happens.

Haven’t seen Glenelg throw the head back so much and get rewarded for it since Backwell and Douglas played for them.

As a neutral watching it wasn't well umpired today. For the Dogs to win they needed everything to go right but they got some bad frees paid against them, in front of goal.

When Grace doesn't fire they do struggle to kick a score, meanwhile down the other end Glenelg had far too many options.

Thommo won't be happy with how it ended but he's bringing the group along well. Still a few guys that probably aren't league standard but that happens.

Centrals forward line has mostly been non-existent, and has been for years.

As a result, many of their games are dour defensive efforts where the intent is to not lose rather than win. Reminds me of the Neil Craig era at the Crows.

Still, they ended up top 3 and lasted a week longer in the finals than I expected.

The club needs to recruit some forwards in the off-season because kicking 8 goals in a match isn't going to win you a premiership (Centrals have kicked 100+ once in the past 6 years - against Port the other week).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Centrals forward line has mostly been non-existent, and has been for years.

As a result, many of their games are dour defensive efforts where the intent is to not lose rather than win. Reminds me of the Neil Craig era at the Crows.

Still, they ended up top 3 and lasted a week longer in the finals than I expected.

The club needs to recruit some forwards in the off-season because kicking 8 goals in a match isn't going to win you a premiership (Centrals have kicked 100+ once in the past 6 years - against Port the other week).
My Double Blues are much the same.

Reliant on midfield grunt and great defensive efforts.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back