Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Which realistically available player SHOULD we pick at #4?

• Sid Draper

• Jagga Smith

• Harvey Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s my mail

Can never be 100% confident on draft mail due to ducks and drakes but just sharing it
Oh don't take me the wrong way, appreciate you sharing but from all that has happened this year with them having him around the club and in their VFL side right under their nose, they know him inside out and to me, it seems like they may be putting out false signals on other players to try to blur the lines with him.

Oh don't take me the wrong way, appreciate you sharing but from all that has happened this year with them having him around the club and in their VFL side right under their nose, they know him inside out and to me, it seems like they may be putting out false signals on other players to try to blur the lines with him.
You do realise the Oakleigh chargers draftees are aligned to Richmond VFL, Collingwood VFL and Port Melbourne VFL when it comes to placements so it was just the luck of the draw in that regard.

Last edited:

We won’t know until the night !

That’s my mail

Can never be 100% confident on draft mail due to ducks and drakes but just sharing it

Im only going off the Tigers board here, they seem set on Lalor and FOS, should they get Picks 1 and 2.

With the Blues taking Smith, it means Draper at 4 for us.

Over the next few days we're going back to the start of the season to fill in a few performances that were missed. Here we see Harvey Langford, still sporting the long hair, playing more forward than mid and taking a number of impressive contested marks. If his lack of pace does impact his ability to play through the middle at AFL level he can always fall back on his ability to impact the game as a medium forward.

Over the next few days we're going back to the start of the season to fill in a few performances that were missed. Here we see Harvey Langford, still sporting the long hair, playing more forward than mid and taking a number of impressive contested marks. If his lack of pace does impact his ability to play through the middle at AFL level he can always fall back on his ability to impact the game as a medium forward.

I really like this kid. Feels like the top 5 are all a sure thing.

Delist Strachan and Burgess, then pick up 20yo 206cm Max Knobel as a dfa and take a late/rookie ruck.

Knobel may not be as good as Strachan next year, but if ROB goes down Strachan won't save our season either. And Knobel should improve as Strachan declines.

We can go to 105% of salary cap this year and 95% next. Doubt there's a significant net cap investment after only 50% of rookie salary amounts counting toward the salary cap. And it's a good investment.

Low risk, low cost, potential high uupside.and we just do it all again next year if it doesn't work.
Yeah, except are you sure the Player's Association allows you to exceed the salary cap by rolling future salary into this year, like we'd have to do if cutting a player?

Clubs just don't cut players with a year left, it's incredibly rare. Clurey wanted to leave because he believes WCE are going to sign him as a SSP.

If it was easy, you'd have to assume it would be way more widespread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we had enough for both Luko AND Peatling as both were “in play” simultaneously. Cummings offer definitely sounds like bumped up but can’t imagine more than 100-125k per year,

We should still have a stack of spare salary cap esp if front loading longer player contracts and only operating near the 95% level in recent years
Peatling wasn't seriously in play with us until Cumming signed.

FWIW, that was after Luko's commitment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread (Wed Nov 20 to Fri Nov 22)

Back