Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

His comment that contract talks aren’t a priority given his focus is his young family doesn’t add up to me. If anything i would’ve thought those circumstances would mean you would want the surety of a long term contract in place, not up in the air.
Yep 1 serious injury in the remaining games and the situation changes. He is gone!

I think Sicily absolutely would have made some difference - with the ball coming in to the degree it did his intercepting would have been handy. Wouldn’t have changed the overall result but might have blunted their momentum and maybe not led to our percentage copping a hammering.
Sure but there's no way you could look at this game and think Battle is more of a need than Smith

Sure but there's no way you could look at this game and think Battle is more of a need than Smith

Sure I can. I don't think Bailey Smith would have had any impact - our entire midfield got smashed because our gameplan wasn't suiting the conditions. Another defender back there who could handle bigger forwards rather than Shammy would have helped us I feel.

I think Sicily absolutely would have made some difference - with the ball coming in to the degree it did his intercepting would have been handy. Wouldn’t have changed the overall result but might have blunted their momentum and maybe not led to our percentage copping a hammering.
Sicily in makes it maybe a 6 goal loss at best.

The ease they got through the midfield was the reason for the drubbing, not the defence

Only saw the last quarter but he just took two very good game saving marks to basically win the game for Box Hill. There is a player there, just needs some adjustments. Not sure on the rest of his game today.
this place would dissolve into tears of joy if DGB made the jump to fulfil his potential. Much love on this board and so much hoping...
One more year might depend on who we may pick up in trades/FA as we can't afford to replace him with a newbie needing development time, IMO

The ease they got through the midfield was the reason for the drubbing, not the defence

I don't disagree - but I don't think Smith being there isn't going to magically make the midfield on Saturday stop being a turnstyle. If both Battle and Sicily had been back there they would have at least provided some intercept and rebound. For mine it would have made the result more respectable.

Sis and Ginivan in would have made imo a huge difference. I think one thing people are forgetting is the way Sis cuts through or over zones with his kicking ( probably the one thing we struggled with the most), not just his intercept marking. And Ginivans like up work from HB to HF was missed as well.

BS as in Bailey Smith?

😉
No Way Oops GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

this place would dissolve into tears of joy if DGB made the jump to fulfil his potential. Much love on this board and so much hoping...
One more year might depend on who we may pick up in trades/FA as we can't afford to replace him with a newbie needing development time, IMO
I think his actual game is coming along and he is developing and getting more fit, it’s the always wanting to fight and silly brain fades that need to go. Mongrel is good, but it needs to be calculated. Frosty has reined it in (among other things) and look at the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree - but I don't think Smith being there isn't going to magically make the midfield on Saturday stop being a turnstyle. If both Battle and Sicily had been back there they would have at least provided some intercept and rebound. For mine it would have made the result more respectable.

What about putting Smith and Perryman in there I feel our midfield needs have more depth.

Can’t read the article but if talks are off until the end of the year- feel like it’s done, we’ve got him
If Saints get pick 4 as compo I'd imagine they'd drive him to Dingley.

The article just says how much he really loves it at the Saints, gets along with ross, playing with the others ... but strangely will hold off talks till end of the year.
To me that says .. Welcome To Hawthorn Josh.

Can’t read the article but if talks are off until the end of the year- feel like it’s done, we’ve got him
"Yeah, right now I'm just happy to keep playing my best footy...the club has been great, I'm not looking any further than this year... just want to help the Saints go forward this year...my manager will sit down with the club at the end of the year...yeah, naaah, Ross has been great for me and my footy...it will all work itself out at the appropriate time...I understand you guys want to get a story right now, but I'm happy to just let it play out...it is what it is"

We stumbled and fumbled our way in the middle early giving them easy takeaways with our missed opportunities to take the ball away. And then we lost confidence and they did as they pleased.

I hated seeing our mids being pushed into the contest. At the centre bounce the Cats had a strategy to deliberately position directly behind our midfielders and then just continually body them in too close to the contest. We were out of position as a result and made our recent centre cohesion non existiant with this tactic. Meek was clearly winning the taps but he should have been instructed after this tactic was so evident, to hit the ball out away from the contest more.

It was in the midfield that we lost the game. We need to work on a different set up when our midfielders are preyed on as they were.

If Saints get pick 4 as compo I'd imagine they'd drive him to Dingley.

The article just says how much he really loves it at the Saints, gets along with ross, playing with the others ... but strangely will hold off talks till end of the year.
To me that says .. Welcome To Hawthorn Josh.

Or waiting on an AFL ambassador payment…

Sure I can. I don't think Bailey Smith would have had any impact - our entire midfield got smashed because our gameplan wasn't suiting the conditions. Another defender back there who could handle bigger forwards rather than Shammy would have helped us I feel.
What conditions didn’t suit our midfield? Haven’t checked the stats but felt like we were smashed at centre clearances and the times we won it they turned it over.

"Yeah, right now I'm just happy to keep playing my best footy...the club has been great, I'm not looking any further than this year... just want to help the Saints go forward this year...my manager will sit down with the club at the end of the year...yeah, naaah, Ross has been great for me and my footy...it will all work itself out at the appropriate time...I understand you guys want to get a story right now, but I'm happy to just let it play out...it is what it is"

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Feels like its the flat part of the season in the trade and free agency category. Players who are definitely staying have signed normally by this point and the others are waiting out the season to either attempt to get more out of their team or move clubs. Feels like not a lot of news around it all comes through in the late teen rounds every year.

Mightn't get much now until teams start to miss out on finals or get eliminated...or Logan McDonald could re-sign again to get everyone to forget he had a win on his boot but missed

Sis and Ginivan in would have made imo a huge difference. I think one thing people are forgetting is the way Sis cuts through or over zones with his kicking ( probably the one thing we struggled with the most), not just his intercept marking. And Ginivans like up work from HB to HF was missed as well.

Scrimshaw is good at cutting through zones as well. Just a big job playing CHB and intercept defender for qtr.

If we had Battle he could take chb and Scrim could have played sis role. Adding much more flexibility to our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back