Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle is a massive no-brainer imo. He'd be best 22 in our team and will make us all stress less when occasionally doesn't get up! Really hoping we get him.

With him, I assume we go into next year with our first choice back 6 looking like;

Sicily - Blanck - Battle
Impey - Scrimshaw - Weddle

You've then got D'Ambrosio, Hardwick and Amon that are locks in the 22 that can play in and through defence.

Frost & Blanck going head to head over preseason for the full back position is going to be epic.
DGB, Ryan, Mccabe, Serong, Mitchell and Phillips will all be pushing for spots.
Blanck has never played at the level Frosty is this year. No way he walks in as first choice before Frost.

Blanck has never played at the level Frosty is this year. No way he walks in as first choice before Frost.
Mitchell loved frosty when he was the old “Frostball” Frosty of last year. Now he’s playing out of his skin. Good luck unseating him.would literally take All Australian full back level at this point if he manages to continue.

I know I’m going early on Scaife and much is to be learned about him through exposed form, but he really looks ready.

I don’t see any obvious flaws or weaknesses in his game or physical development that would impede him from settling into the team quickly.

I compare him to other very highly rated junior KPP and he looks every bit as good.

Add to that his form in the vfl within a month of arriving at the club and it all seems to reinforce my perception that this guy is ready to make an impact.

I am more optimistic about his impact in the short term than I was about Dear, and I was one of the early posters pushing for his debut. With Dear I just wanted to see his box hill form rewarded w a bit of exposure to afl level. I did not expect him to do so well bc he was so under developed physically.

Scaife has even better form at box hill and is physically immense already, and not in a big lad among boys, overgrown ape kind of way. He looks like he’s had 3 pre-seasons of development already.

I think my optimism is well placed given the above, but the proof is in the pudding.

I do share your optimism with Scaife, he has some real high quality traits that should translate to AFL level… especially with a preseason and a bit more time to understand the system.

I do think saying his form is better than Dears was at BH is a bit of a stretch though. Dear played some excellent footy before getting his opportunity. It’s amazing really, Dear has already shown more in his first season than most 1st round KPF generally do.

We don’t need another key forward and there’s none on the market anyway- just keep developing Dear, Scaife and Ramsden and Lewis will come back in 12 months- give the bloke a chance to return to his best after his injury. Curnow missed like 3 years and look at him now…
This.
We'll try to nail our 2 FA targets and Smith. Or go to the draft again.

Will be interesting as a forward line of Chol,Dear, Scaife in 2025 doesn’t win us a final so we need to work our a plan this year I think.

Maybe doesn’t even get to the finals and will struggle.
Not sure I agree with you. I think it would, when adding in Ginnivan, Watson, McDonald, etc.

We don’t need another key forward and there’s none on the market anyway- just keep developing Dear, Scaife and Ramsden and Lewis will come back in 12 months- give the bloke a chance to return to his best after his injury. Curnow missed like 3 years and look at him now…
I hope we draft one with pick 6-10.

The knock on effect of signing Battle is huge for us imo. Going to give us a lot of flexibility and probably even allows Hardwick to be permanent forward if you are shifting Weddle/Scrim to play on/off a small rather than being a key defender.

People have been frustrated at us not utilising Weddle a bit more but this full season deep in defence will pay dividends in the future

The knock on effect of signing Battle is huge for us imo. Going to give us a lot of flexibility and probably even allows Hardwick to be permanent forward if you are shifting Weddle/Scrim to play on/off a small rather than being a key defender.

People have been frustrated at us not utilising Weddle a bit more but this full season deep in defence will pay dividends in the future

I had that thought also.

You could keep Weddle down back and just have Hardwick replace Breust who is likely retiring.

I still envision Weddle being a midfielder though.

Could Wingard still Play AFL I wonder if a club could offer something if they think he could be the difference between a flag or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weddle moves up the ground.
Blanck and Frost compete for 1 spot.
DGB and Phillips are either at Box Hill or elsewhere.
Serong solid depth.

McCabe the interesting one. How quickly can he come on?

We dodged a bullet on Ratugolea and our interest in him still remains the only questionable attempt McKenzie and Sam have made re: List management IMO.
Do you think we could play Blank at FB and Frosty as a lock down CHB with Sicily and Scrimshaw on each flank? Weddle goes to the middle, he relished his time as a fill in ruck/rover.

Hayden Young is a guy we should make a big push to sign.

Tough to pry anyone out of Freo at the moment, they're in contention up to their ears right now
Freo lose players annually.

But Young is a pipe dream.

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back