Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Scaife play a KD role as well if required? I agree I like him but hope we develop him at either end. Him and McCabe could be the answer once Frost is done and we are not sure on how Blank fits in with the defence we are building
I don’t know but we have plenty of KPD options on our list right now.

I'd rather back Scaife than waste any time, picks or salary going for Zurhaar.
He hasn't played a game yet but I reckon 20-30 goals is gonna be a fairly low baseline for the Sccaife once he gets settled, while it seems to be Zurhaar's ceiling.

I really like what I see, just as I did with Dear.
We don't need to chase any key forwards, even with Lewis injured.
Think the club are still chasing a key forward based on what Rob McCartney said a few weeks ago. And that was before Lewis did his ACL.

Scaife looks promising, but 30 as a low baseline is far from guaranteed. Even Lewis has only hit 30 goals a season twice in 8 years.

I'd rather back Scaife than waste any time, picks or salary going for Zurhaar.
He hasn't played a game yet but I reckon 20-30 goals is gonna be a fairly low baseline for the Sccaife once he gets settled, while it seems to be Zurhaar's ceiling.

I really like what I see, just as I did with Dear.
We don't need to chase any key forwards, even with Lewis injured.
You and Scaife is the new Simon Crawshay and Jack Scrimshaw

Can Scaife play a KD role as well if required? I agree I like him but hope we develop him at either end. Him and McCabe could be the answer once Frost is done and we are not sure on how Blank fits in with the defence we are building
Key back we have depth. Once Blanck is fit we have plenty of options. McCabe will be there round 1 next year at CHB. He's the prototype tall we need to be challenging in the next few years. Than you add Battle to the mix. That means Scrimmers and Sic can play 3rd and 4th talls and do as they please intercepting and slicing defense's with their kicking. You than have Frost and Serong as defensive cover and DGB if we persist with his development. We don't need anymore if Battle comes to Hawthorn. We do need another key forward potentially so Scaife won't be moving to the other end of the ground. If Ramsden improves and develops to a level that's AFL quality he is the hidden gem. Getting Scaife was a very good piece of recruiting without knowing what was to happen with Lewis.

Key back we have depth. Once Blanck is fit we have plenty of options. McCabe will be there round 1 next year at CHB. He's the prototype tall we need to be challenging in the next few years. Than you add Battle to the mix. That means Scrimmers and Sic can play 3rd and 4th talls and do as they please intercepting and slicing defense's with their kicking. You than have Frost and Serong as defensive cover and DGB if we persist with his development. We don't need anymore if Battle comes to Hawthorn. We do need another key forward potentially so Scaife won't be moving to the other end of the ground. If Ramsden improves and develops to a level that's AFL quality he is the hidden gem. Getting Scaife was a very good piece of recruiting without knowing what was to happen with Lewis.
so who plays on 2m Peter in round 1 next year if Frost is only back up?

Let's hope he is proven right about Scaife like Simon Crayshaw was about Scrimshaw.
Right now if he plays this year it's about making a contest and than putting pressure on. Imagine him laying a strong tackle it would break someone in half. His desire to succeed means he will do what's required of him IMO. Seems like he will be a very good team orientated player.

I'd say Blank and McCabe is more likely the answer. Not sure how you'd be considering Skaife ahead of Blank?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point I'm making is we don't need more key backs
The thing is you are always trying to improve the list and there is no guarantee that Blank is our full back. We also need to ensure we are covered for injury and more flexible. Battle offers that flexibility

I think he was already bulked up at the start of this year.
He was a big enough to play on the forward gorillas. I understand he is a little bit bigger again.
Sam is “licking his lips”.

I hope he does the same with Scaife. I hope he does the same with McCabe.
And I hope we can get Battle and Perryman. We need depth and flexibility.

I also hope we get the best KPF in this years draft and we maintain our search for a quality KPF outside of it.

Then there is one place to fill, if we miss Smith so be it, we need a quality with speed mid.

Last edited:
so your happy to run with Blanck at Full Back, Scrim at CHB, Sic 3rd tall, Battle 4th tall and no room in the backline for Weddle, DGB, McCabe, Serong, Phillips and Frost?

This time last year we thought Ratugolea was a good player.
Frost is nearing the end age-wise
DGB looking less likely than likely
McCabe is still a few years away
Phillips down the list
Weddle can (and will) play anywhere
Serong good depth but not sure if will make yet.

Point is, we need depth and Battle is a complete free hit. What if Sicily or Scrim get injured? The least of our problems at the moment is how to squeeze them in.

Frost is nearing the end age-wise
DGB looking less likely than likely
McCabe is still a few years away
Phillips down the list
Weddle can (and will) play anywhere
Serong good depth but not sure if will make yet.

Point is, we need depth and Battle is a complete free hit. What if Sicily or Scrim get injured? The least of our problems at the moment is how to squeeze them in.
nothing free about $5+ mill over 6 years

so your happy to run with Blanck at Full Back, Scrim at CHB, Sic 3rd tall, Battle 4th tall and no room in the backline for Weddle, DGB, McCabe, Serong, Phillips and Frost?

This time last year we thought Ratugolea was a good player.

Not only does Battle provide flexibility with his ability to play forward, Battle will bring competition for spots.

Players will be competing harder for spots with more quality, that's not a problem.

Nobody in here thought Esava was a good player, he was in and out of the cats VFL team, battle has looked a very good player for the saints.

Chalk and Cheese the two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back