Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh that was crazy. Weddle got hands to 2 marks first, which is clearly touched. But just got counted as marks.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They're paid as marks more often than not and I'm ok with that. In both instances Weddle needed to punch rather than try to mark.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Might have been WCE leaking BS to up the price
I think this is exactly what this is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we've offered up a package of 2 x 2nds, 1 x F3 and DGB as a sweetener. There's no doubting that Barrass is still a quality player but he'll be 29 in a couple of months and has a pretty serious back injury history that could degrade at any moment so there's a huge element of risk.

If the tigers took Kosi last year.
I would say Morrison would be on their radar as well as a few others.
They will need some polish once Bolton and Rioli move on.

Two of Hogans goals came off Weddles hands and should have been called play on.

I thought that was really weird. Hogan starts from behind both times, Weddle gets hands to it first, Hogan basically powers through and it gets called a mark. The second one he even turns and looks to the umpire thinking it wouldn't be paid.

I thought that was really weird. Hogan starts from behind both times, Weddle gets hands to it first, Hogan basically powers through and it gets called a mark. The second one he even turns and looks to the umpire thinking it wouldn't be paid.
I honestly wasn't too fussed with the first one being paid a Hogan mark, Weddle barely had an touch or control on the ball.

Second one I feel should have been a play on our Weddle mark though.

It is a quirk in our game where a minor finger touch of the ball in general play is called touched for a behind or play on in a marking contest but Weddle getting both hands on the ball first is a mark to Hogan because he wrenches the ball out of his hands from behind. Anyway wrong thread!

I think this is exactly what this is. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we've offered up a package of 2 x 2nds, 1 x F3 and DGB as a sweetener. There's no doubting that Barrass is still a quality player but he'll be 29 in a couple of months and has a pretty serious back injury history that could degrade at any moment so there's a huge element of risk.
if we could get Barrass for 2 x 2nds, F3, and possibly DGB I would be over the moon as it means we get to use our first which is looking likely to be a very high pick. It's collectively worth significantly more for what we paid for lake who was relatively the same age as Barrass and the best FB in the comp at the time. We need to hold our nerve on this one and not overpay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you've nailed it to a T. If the option was you could pick 1 out of the 2, Balta any day of the week without a doubt.

But if Balta is not a guarantee and you can pounce on Barrass now who's keen, you would take Barrass.
agree with you, fwiw its a pipe dream trying to get Balta, Tigers desperately need him to rebuild their side around him

Might have been WCE leaking BS to up the price
It wouldn't change the price on the Eagles end though.

His manager could leak something like that to eek out more money, but once he picks a club other teams being interested does nothing to give the Eagles leverage.

He even played on he was so uncertain. Every day of the week that is called play on.

if we could get Barrass for 2 x 2nds, F3, and possibly DGB I would be over the moon as it means we get to use our first which is looking likely to be a very high pick. It's collectively worth significantly more for what we paid for lake who was relatively the same age as Barrass and the best FB in the comp at the time. We need to hold our nerve on this one and not overpay

I agree 2 x2nd in this draft could be two good young players.

This is why I feel securing a commitment from Battle once the season closes would hold us in good stead because we won't look so desperate. Yes I know Battle isn't KPD but having him commit to us allows us to as you say hold our nerve on what is a fair trade.

Man in front punch?
Absolutely when it's 30m out and you have arguably the best key forward in the game having a run at it. It's not just on Weddle, the defenders around him should be communicating with him.

That's the defenders first job, stop the opposition from marking the ball. The proof is in the pudding, he didn't do that, so what could he have done differently? For me, that's punch towards the pocket/boundary.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Noel- Zero chance. Big Fat Zero that the Eagles are trading Ronny for anything less than 1 first round pick.

We can try as many ways in the world to put together a Christmas stocking full of second round picks and DGB, throw in Harry as well etc etc to make it look attractive but it ain’t happening.

As I said-

Eagles will say they want two picks inside 20.

Hawthorn will say 1 pick inside 20.

Both teams will argue and play it out in the media for 13 days and in the end Hawthorn will add a second round pick and the Eagles will throw a 3rd pick back to us.

Hawks give up pick 10 and pick 28
Hawks receive Ronny and pick 35

Anyway something like that will be how it plays out.

Noel- Zero chance. Big Fat Zero that the Eagles are trading Ronny for anything less than 1 first round pick.

We can try as many ways in the world to put together a Christmas stocking full of second round picks and DGB, throw in Harry as well etc etc to make it look attractive but it ain’t happening.

As I said-

Eagles will say they want two picks inside 20.

Hawthorn will say 1 pick inside 20.

Both teams will argue and play it out in the media for 13 days and in the end Hawthorn will add a second round pick and the Eagles will throw a 3rd pick back to us.

Hawks give up pick 10 and pick 28
Hawks receive Ronny and pick 35

Anyway something like that will be how it plays out.
I've been told they want our pick to trade it for Baker. May get done earlier than usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back